Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - New Version TTHome available
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

New Version TTHome available
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Portable Navigation Devices
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Calomax
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Fri Feb 02, 2007 10:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Some of us in the TT Navigator forum have been having serious problems with the update. I posted this last night on the TTN forum:

"Trying to pair my iPAQ 1940 with my Nokia 6131. iPAQ says "pairing failed" & phone says "pairing failed for security reasons". All the iPAQ & phone settings seem to be correct as far as I can see.

Phone connects to PC, another phone and handsfree ok & iPAQ pairs with PC but doesn't seem to be able to share info. Can't get Bluetooth Activesync to work either.

Can anyone help please?"
princeofpeace
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Fri Feb 02, 2007 3:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DennisN wrote:
Uh Oh! I don't know if it is since this latest update, but now when I want to login, I get told that the device connected to my computer is not associated with this account. Trying the various options, I can eventually get there, but then my other device is not associated etc, etc.
If the device is not associated, it means I can't download useful stuff like software updates. I LOVE TT HOME Crying or Very sad Why the hell can't I own two devices (quite apart from the fact that I actually own three!)????

Similar problem - check your device code when logged into TT web page - You can only have one device code per account AND can only change the device code once every 6 months
Calomax
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Fri Feb 02, 2007 5:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oops, ignore my last post. I copied the wrong one. This is what I posted

I had many problems with the updated version of TT HOME. I installed it last night and it crashed while checking my device.

When I started it today it couldn't find my device at all. I eventually uninstalled it and put version 1.3 back on, luckily I had saved it when I originally downloaded it, and all was well.

I tried the update again so, when the message came up, I clicked "Yes" and downloaded it again. When it started it checked the device then gave a message that I was logged in with a different email address to the one associated with this device, I tried to login using the same email & password as I use for "My TomTom" which didn't work, so I tried to register a different one with the same result.

Then I tried to back up when I was told there was no TomTom device connected, even though it explored it ok.

I tried to look at the online store but had a message that the connection with the server had been interrupted.

then I gave up and unstalled it again and reinstalled version 1.3. Immediately all my troubles were over again. I was logged in as my usual login, I could back up, and look at the online store. The only difference that I can see is that the updated version has a "Copy to PC" facility and there are other ways to do that.

Needless to say I am staying with version 1.3 until I hear that these problems have been resolved.
DennisN
Tired Old Man
Tired Old Man

PostPosted: Fri Feb 02, 2007 6:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

princeofpeace wrote:
Similar problem - check your device code when logged into TT web page - You can only have one device code per account AND can only change the device code once every 6 months

I dunno. I was able to login with one device by going through the business of "forgot password", getting an e-mail to change password (which I set exactly the same as my existing one!), then I logged in and it worked. Then I tried the other device, had to go through the same procedure all over again and logged in with that one!! With respect, I'm not going anywhere near my device code after reading all the troubles other people have had with those!! I'll just keep my head down and watch out for somebody saying it's been fixed.
Does that six months stuff mean I need different accounts for all three of my Tom Tom GOs? What a load of asterisks!

If it tastes good - it's fattening.

Two of them are obesiting!!
Calomax
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Fri Feb 02, 2007 11:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fingers crossed, I think I've fixed it but I'm not too sure how. I uninstalled v1.3 and installed v1.5 again a couple of times. I did keep getting the "device connected to my computer is not associated with this account" message, but went to "create new account" and put my normal tt login details again. I was told that user name was already in use. Then I clicked on an "Update account" button and immediately logged in with no problem.

Now all seems well except the Backup which tells me that there is no TomTom device even though I had just downloaded and installed a cllour scheme.

I'm not bothered about the backup system as there are better ways, but hopefully everything else is working well. :D
DennisN
Tired Old Man
Tired Old Man

PostPosted: Sat Feb 03, 2007 9:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Calomax wrote:
Fingers crossed, I think I've fixed it but I'm not too sure how.

Yes, you did it the same way as I did. What annoys me is that having more than one TT device, I'll get this with each of them every time. GRRR!

If it tastes good - it's fattening.

Two of them are obesiting!!

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Portable Navigation Devices All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: