Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - completely lost ...
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

completely lost ...

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Portable Navigation Devices
View previous topic :: View next topic  
cdelecole
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Jan 29, 2007 11:08 am    Post subject: completely lost ... Reply with quote

Hi there !

I was on the way to reinstall completely my TOMTOM GO, with the latest application and the Maps of Western europe v6.6 (That I have bought in download option).

So I have deleted everything from the device (using the PC mapped drive), switched the TOMTOM on.
TOMTOM home is opening ... ok, and what's next ??

On rhe right I see the free pace on my device, which is fine (500 MB), but the circle "connection" button at the bottom left tells me I'm not connected ?!?

How do I install the application and the maps I've bought ?

Many Thanks !
Andy_P
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Jan 29, 2007 12:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You should not have deleted everything, because now Home cannot recognise the TomTom.

You need to put your backup back onto the SD card and THEN use Home to do whatever you need.

If you haven't got a backup, you can manually install the v6.52 system files onto your SD card from HERE
cdelecole
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Jan 29, 2007 1:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ok .. I have found my original CD back (ver 4.42).
I have installed that application (4.42 I think) back from that CD, as well as a very old Benelux Map.

So stage I have :
Application 4.420
and
Benelux Map v390

Now going to Home, I would expect the system to upgrade my application (I do not care about the old Benelux Map, since I have bought the full Western Map of europe).
Connecting my device, HOME is launched and I see correctly on the left side the installed application and Benelux Map, as well as remaining space on my SD card.

but is is not launching the application "update" automatically.
At this stage, it seems lke HOME si recognizing what's on my device, but I see on the bottom left corner a circle button saying "Connect".

What is that "connect" button, since HOME is already connected to my device ?
How Do I upgrade the application from here ?

Many Thanks so far.
Oldboy
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Jan 29, 2007 4:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't think HOME understands V4, but if you have V5 or V6, it should say Login. Confused

If you do a manual install of 6.52, as per Andy instructions above, you don't need HOME only Windows Explorer. The instructions for that are in the Zip File.;)

Previously you said that you had 500MB free. Are you using a 512MB Card? If so, you won't get the Western European Maps on it. It's over 900MB. 8O

TT 910 V7.903: Europe Map v1045
TT Via 135 App 12.075: Europe Map v1120
cdelecole
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Jan 29, 2007 8:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

thanks OldBoy

I just found out the "Connect" circle button at the bottom left was not "activated" at work certainly because I was behid a firewall.
I succeeded to connect at home, having version 4 on my TOMTOM GO, and he found there was the 6.520 application available.

after I download it (appears in the middle section of the HOME", and try to "Install" on the device, I see it is "Removing" then "Unzipping" then "Installing" ... but once finished, on the right side, I still see the old application listed.

Trying to disconnect and switch ON the TOMTOM, it boots in cycle, without ending.

Is that what you mean by the fact that HOME is not compatible with RL4 application ?

It is not that I do not trust the files you give me from your web site, but I'd like to use the official application given by TOMTOM. I appreciate your support.

So I'd like to know what is official TOMTOM procedure for people like me havibg the version 4 of application, and wanting to install the version 6 (Although I have the upgrade CD's with version 5 I think).

?!?
Oldboy
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Jan 29, 2007 11:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The continued re-cycling of the TT is normal. Nobody's sure why, but it goes on for quite a number of times, but it gets there in the end.

TT 910 V7.903: Europe Map v1045
TT Via 135 App 12.075: Europe Map v1120

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Portable Navigation Devices All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: