Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
SurfShark Antivirus
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - TT Go Original & V6.5
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

TT Go Original & V6.5

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Portable Navigation Devices
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ChrisTurner
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Jan 22, 2007 10:56 pm    Post subject: TT Go Original & V6.5 Reply with quote

I have just received a full refund for a map upgrade including TTG V6.5 and Safety Cam membership because they simply do not work on an original Go. Problems I found were that Tips happened even if disabled, Arrival Time was asked even if disabled, when docked it powered on every time the car was started but worst of all, the Safety Cams cannot be enabled. The POI's have been replaced by TTG Plus Services, inside which is Traffic cams. You can see the TT Plus service and enable Safety Cams using the virtual GO found in HOME but on the actual GO this icon is greyed-out. Without it you are stuck. HOME presumably knows what device you are downloading for, and when purchasing the database the device is selected, but it goes ahead and allows the download anyway...so unless I am mistaken, original GO and V6.5 (or any V6) do not match.
entwood
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Jan 23, 2007 12:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not sure if this is the resason for your problems ...

http://www.yournav.com/content/n/271/New_HOME_version_risky_for_GO_700.html

I run a TT 700 on OS 6.520 build 7690 with Western Europe 660.1219 with no problems at all

Smile
Oldboy
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Jan 23, 2007 8:25 am    Post subject: Re: TT Go Original & V6.5 Reply with quote

ChrisTurner wrote:
...so unless I am mistaken, original GO and V6.5 (or any V6) do not match.
I don't know what's wrong with your Device, but I've used every version update that has been issued, and the latest Map, and have never had a problem.Confused

TT 910 V7.903: Europe Map v1045
TT Via 135 App 12.075: Europe Map v1120
Fat_Al
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Jan 23, 2007 11:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I can concur with that, my classic would switch on (and off) with only a momentary touch of the power switch with 6.5 - changed back to 6.150 and everything is good again, including the new map features.
Andy_P
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Jan 23, 2007 1:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

A report from another forum from another satisfied owner with a Go Classic and v6 software and maps.
Quote:
Home works OK, latest firmware loaded OK, maps installed OK, runs OK, seems to give more warning for lane change etc., waterways show still, slight possibility of more jerkiness even with POI's off - apart from cameras, I'm on the road now in more places (as opposed to being in fields, the sea or lakes), the sky is blue, the birds are singing, the wife doesn't nag as much (that's imagination I think), the medication is working and all is generally well with the World.

Sorry Chris, maybe you should try again....
ChrisTurner
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Jan 27, 2007 12:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well it looks like I have some more hours to put in! At least now I know its not on a lost cause..

Thanks a lot to you all.

Chris Turner

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Portable Navigation Devices All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: