Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - 2720 Camera downloads 2000 Poi??
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

2720 Camera downloads 2000 Poi??

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Garmin Portable Navigation Devices
View previous topic :: View next topic  
stocky2405
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Jan 30, 2007 6:20 pm    Post subject: 2720 Camera downloads 2000 Poi?? Reply with quote

I have noticed that there are around 11,000 camera locations on the download database but the Garmin 2720 only has 2000 Poi memory...

Are they loaded to the harddrive in a different location or does it only load the 2000 memory locations and ditch the rest....Newbie at Poi downloads....

Dave... Embarassed
tomthompson
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Jan 30, 2007 9:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Where did you get the 2000 from ?

I use the poi download for the speed camera database using Ash's utility. That doubles the quantity to download to over 22000 takes a while to download but it takes it all no problem.

You'll enjoy the 2720 great bit of kit.

All I am waiting for is the beta POIloader to become mainstream then it will give verbal warnings instead of bing bong

I keep on learning but they invent new things faster ,How do I keep up ?
stocky2405
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Jan 31, 2007 9:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

tomthompson wrote:
Where did you get the 2000 from ?

I use the poi download for the speed camera database using Ash's utility. That doubles the quantity to download to over 22000 takes a while to download but it takes it all no problem.

You'll enjoy the 2720 great bit of kit.

All I am waiting for is the beta POIloader to become mainstream then it will give verbal warnings instead of bing bong

I was taking the 2000 Poi from the Garmin site under specifications....delighted if I can store all the cameras and agree that supported with speech it would be fantastic because I use it on the Motorbike as well and rely heavily on voice commands on route....
This is now fitted with th GTM12 but not had chance to use it in a hold up situation yet..

Thanks for the reply..
Dave... Smile
tomthompson
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Jan 31, 2007 9:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ok I went to garmins site and read the specs the 2000 is waypoints or tracklogs so there most probably a limit for POIs but what it is I dont know .

The 2720 is briilliant on the bike as well as in the car. I did 20000 miles on the bike last year and it was a godsend for warnings on the cameras .
The best bit about it is that it gives you a bing bong for a camera ahead then if your overspeed it keeps binging until you slow down to the limit there . Saved me so many times and I dont even get annoyed about false warnings . Better safe than fined with points.

One of the things I use a lot is the Odometer. Its surprising that when in the car most journeys finish up at about 36 MPH average . On the bike its more like 62MPH average 8O

I keep on learning but they invent new things faster ,How do I keep up ?

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Garmin Portable Navigation Devices All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: