Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - V9 mapping DVD
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

V9 mapping DVD
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Garmin Portable Navigation Devices
View previous topic :: View next topic  
mhb
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Jan 17, 2007 10:35 am    Post subject: V9 mapping DVD Reply with quote

Having ordered a DVD on online on 16 December which has not arrived, I have today contacted Garmin UK (08082380000) and been told that I must be patient as it will undoubtedly arrive in due course.

Dissatisfied with this so having asked to be transferred to a supervisor, reluctantly the supervisor agreed to email whoever is responsible for distributing these DVD's asking for my order to be traced. However, going to the trouble of telephoning seemed to be out of the question so I'm not holding my breath.

What does disturb me is that they claim, with supreme self confidence, that no emails have been sent out asking for Internet orders to be resubmitted due to their having lost some of the original order details. This would seem to contradict postings on this forum but again 'forums' in general seemed to be regarded with disdain.

I have read on this forum of how helpful Garmin UK staff are. This is not my experience of them. I get the impression that they will do anything and say anything for an easy life which could well account for the numerous instances of contradictory information being given out to different people.

In all I'm very dissatisfied.
Almahadeus
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Jan 17, 2007 11:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ordered mine on 09/01/2007 and the DVD arrived this morning. Be a bit patient as not many companies would give you an updated map with more than the area that the unit originally covered for absolutely nothing.
mhb
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Jan 17, 2007 1:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Don't you think it's a bit rich telling me to be a bit patient when you ordered yours nearly a month later than me and you've already got yours!
snowboardcriminal
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Jan 17, 2007 1:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Must be a Karma thing............................................ Mr. Green

There are things that I know and you don't know, there are things that you know that i don't know, but always remember there is much that we both don't know.
mars.1
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Wed Jan 17, 2007 1:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I ordered 1 on 15-12-06.I rang garmin 2 weeks ago and they said that they had only just got some more disks back in stock and i would get 1 soon.Still have not got disk and when i try and re-order on the garmin website it wont let me.
mhb
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Jan 17, 2007 1:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You're probably right snowboardcriminal. Anyway a good rant has worked wonders for the blood pressure. I feel a lot better now!
Almahadeus
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Jan 17, 2007 1:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

As mentioned in this forum before, if you are in such a hurry then you could download the latest DVD. And no it is not rich from me to defend Garmin who gave us a free unlock code that others would easily charge you for. If you can't wait a couple of months for the free DVD then either download it from the net, buy it from eBay or pay Garmin $75 for the update.
PaulB2005
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Jan 17, 2007 2:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rolling Eyes
mhb
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Jan 17, 2007 2:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bl**dy hell, there goes the blood pressure again! Look Almahadeus American based multinationals don't do philanthropic gestures. Their 'giving' free upgrades to people they've sold out of date products to and their decision to let the upgrade apply to more than the original areas covered by the product will have been based on 'hard nosed' financial assessments. Take a long hard look at their competition. Only starving monkeys fall over backwards with gratitude when thrown peanuts!
PaulB2005
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Jan 17, 2007 2:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mhb - give up. Almahadeus has his / her DVD so they are fine telling us (I've also been waiting since 16 Dec) to be patient in waiting for the DVD. Almahadeus also seems to think we should be happy to wait because he / she is getting a free upgrade. Well I'm not. The DVD maybe free but is of no use until i pay for the Unlock Code having owned mine since Xmas 2005.
Tim Buxton
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Jan 17, 2007 2:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

PaulB2005 wrote:
mhb - give up. Almahadeus has his / her DVD so they are fine telling us (I've also been waiting since 16 Dec) to be patient in waiting for the DVD. Almahadeus also seems to think we should be happy to wait because he / she is getting a free upgrade. Well I'm not. The DVD maybe free but is of no use until i pay for the Unlock Code having owned mine since Xmas 2005.

Paul, is the V9 vanilla DVD available as an update yet? I can only see V9 NT on the update page. Is that suitable for your i3? I want the update DVD but the V9 NT version isn't listed as suitable for my original GPS10.
PaulB2005
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Jan 17, 2007 2:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tim - I just followed the instructions from Garmin when ordering my DVD. It asked for my model and serial number. I clicked the link and filled in the details.

No idea about "vanilla " DVDs or the difference between "vanilla" and "NT" versions.

The links to the City Navigator® Europe v9 works (http://www.garmin.com/cartography/mapSource/citynavEuro.jsp) but the links to the NT version end in a 404 error (http://www.garmin.com/cartography/mapSource/citynavEuroNT.jsp)

City Navigator® Europe v9 is confirmed as compatible with the i3.
PaulB2005
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Jan 17, 2007 2:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh and the non-NT version is GPS 10 compatible.
Tim Buxton
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Jan 17, 2007 3:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

PaulB2005 wrote:
Oh and the non-NT version is GPS 10 compatible.

Yes, I knew this bit but haven't seen a V9 (only V9 NT) update listed on their site. The URL you give links to the full version, not the update, as far as I can tell.

Updates are on this page.
PaulB2005
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Jan 17, 2007 3:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ah right sorry. Update DVD for non-NT. No, me neither.

What's the difference between NT and non-NT?

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Garmin Portable Navigation Devices All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: