Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Navicore Not Compatible With Nokia N80
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Navicore Not Compatible With Nokia N80

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Other Software
View previous topic :: View next topic  
energylevel
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Jul 19, 2006 11:23 am    Post subject: Navicore Not Compatible With Nokia N80 Reply with quote

Although navicore now has a 3rd series Symbian version if you have a Nokia N80 like me you'll be dissapointed, here's the latest inforamtion I received direct from Navicore :

'It has been unfortunately identified that there are some problems in the Bluetooth connection between N80 and a GPS receiver. Therefore an application like Navicore using a Bluetooth GPS connection does not work in a reliable way. The problem is under further investigation and we shall add N80 to the list of compatible phones as soon as there is a solution available.'
late
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Aug 18, 2006 2:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Check this out
http://www.navicoretech.com/Consumer/Support/Compatibility

As you can see N80 is now supported! Needs a software update to 4.0623.0.41. Nice.
nickweavers
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Feb 02, 2007 10:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Don't get your hopes up. I had my N80 updated with the latest firmware that was supposed to fix the bluetooth problems but my Navicore still does not work. I'm not sure if it is a fault with the Navicore software though. The connection to the GPS receiver just drops out after about 30 seconds. I paid over £100 for the Navicore software, £50 for the solar powered 21 channel GPS receiver and they have been useless to me for the last 6 months. I have been hoping Nokia will get the bluetooth problems sorted on the N80 with another firmware release but I can't hold my breath any longer. I now suspect that maybe they have a fundamental design problem which can't be fixed so that is the end of it.

I won't be buying a Nokia again.

Nick.

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Other Software All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: