Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Medion Navigator
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Medion Navigator

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Navigon Portable Navigation Devices
View previous topic :: View next topic  
towny
Banned

PostPosted: Sat Jan 06, 2007 10:32 pm    Post subject: Medion Navigator Reply with quote

Hi, I am running medion navigator using map version 4.75 on a 95900 and was thinking of updating the maps, so what are the latest maps that i can use, or do i have to update the unit.

Many thanks

towny
twinfanman
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Jan 10, 2007 12:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi there, I had the same unit as you, and updated it with the 5.1 upgrade disc and also added the East & West Europe maps from the DVD.

Basically the 95900 is the same as the 96800, but the 96800 has left some pretty good features behind, so you might want to consider keeping your 95900.

If you need help with the maps, let me know.
towny
Banned

PostPosted: Wed Jan 10, 2007 8:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi, Thanks for the reply. Where can I get the update disk from? Does it update the units ROM? How much is the update and maps?

Thanks

Andy
twinfanman
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Jan 10, 2007 9:45 pm    Post subject: 5.1 upgrade + East & West Europe street level maps Reply with quote

Hi Andy,

I've sent you a private message! Wink
amhosib
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Jan 11, 2007 9:25 am    Post subject: 5.1 update Reply with quote

I have a 95900 running on 4.75, but also have done the task bar hack and also loaded TomTom v5.21 running perfectly (apart from the known absent signal bar)
How much of an improvment is changing from 4.75 to 5.1, and is it worth the expense given that I have TomTom loaded as well.

Regards.
twinfanman
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Jan 11, 2007 9:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The upgrade obviously includes updated map data (which is the main reason I upgraded), and there are a few barely noticeable differences between the two versions, but basically they remain the same.

IMHO, the Medion 4.75 and 5.1 versions are very good, and having used TomTom units in the past, I wouldn't pay out extra to purchase a generic TomTom unit. The only downside with the Medion units is the lack of full postcode search, but having used TomTom with this feature, I find that you STILL have to input the house number to get to the chosen residential address, so it isn't really a feature that I miss.

Personally, I think the expense is worth it, especially if you can get copies of the upgrade disc. it is an easy process, and I have 'helped' people out in this regard with no problems! Wink
amhosib
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Jan 11, 2007 7:17 pm    Post subject: Medion 5.1 versus TomTom v5.21 Reply with quote

Living in "wild Wales" where frequently houses have names rather than numbers, I have found the 7 digit post code within TomTom invaluable.
I have also loaded UKPC2NVG into the navigon and thus have 7 digits within that, but the functionality is "different".
You could do the same thing by using "multimap.com" and then loading the appropriate coordinates from that into your navigon route file, but its somewhat laborious.
The advantage of TomTom is the general availability of map updates cf Medion, and its ease of use (7 digit post codes)
Would you (twinfanman) be interested in a software swop?

Regards.
twinfanman
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Jan 11, 2007 9:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

To be honest, I am somewhat of an technophobe, and secondly, I'm not comfortable with messing around with something that suits my usage parameters. Plus, my wife has one of those Garmin units (i3?) that has full postcode facility, so if I'm stuck, I'll use hers (which hasn't happened).

I appreciate that your needs are different, due to geographical locations. I'll PM you.
carling4uk
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Jan 12, 2007 10:59 pm    Post subject: Medion 968000 Help Please Reply with quote

Hi Guys, you seem to know what you are talking about....

I too like others on here tried installing tom tom software onto my Medion MDPNA250 but failed. Now that i am tying to install my original software I keep getting the message “Application software not installed please insert sd/mmc card to install) I have all the medion nav 5 disks and maps but have tried everything even a hard reset but nothing.

I am not sure if i am coping the correct files to my sd card ?????

PLEASE HELP ANYONE !
twinfanman
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Jan 14, 2007 12:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Amhosib, I have PM'd you again, but I guess you have not logged into your private messages. Check in for the latest message.

Carling, you need to add the two installation files mnavdce and autorunce from your standard CD-ROM onto your SD card too. You'll find them in your installation file on the CD. PM me if you need help.
Silent
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Jan 24, 2007 3:47 pm    Post subject: Medion Navigator v5.1 uk needed please help Reply with quote

Does anyone here knoww here i CAN get Medion Navigator v5.1 I have a Medion MDPNA 175 with v4.4 software I would dealy like to update this to the latest version in english so i can use the v5 maps that are around.
I have a german version of 5.1 but this is usless to me.

Any help would be much appreciated.

Cheers
Silent
Roy124
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Jan 24, 2007 7:35 pm    Post subject: Medion-Navigon 6 Upgrade Reply with quote

I have a Medion MD PPC 250 PDA with Navigon 5.1. I would like to up grade the mapping and the Navigon 6 looks good but is shown as incompatible with lots of PDAs including the Medion.

Navigon tells me it is not recommended as compatible as some functions do not work.

Has anyone tried Navigon 6 on a non-compatible machine?

Any other mapping recommendations?

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Navigon Portable Navigation Devices All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: