Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - i have a packard bell compasseo 500
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

i have a packard bell compasseo 500

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> PocketGPSWorld Speed Camera Database
View previous topic :: View next topic  
mart147
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Jan 03, 2007 2:58 pm    Post subject: i have a packard bell compasseo 500 Reply with quote

i have a packard bell compasseo 500 what speed camera software do i need to download is there one available because there was a sticker on the box with speed camera locations included with pocket gps world on it can you help thanks mart147 Laughing :D :D
helicopterdan
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Jan 04, 2007 11:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mint!! I have the same issue. They dont make it easy do they. Found anything yet??? I have found a file on the cd marked speed cameras.. But where to uplaod it to on the compasseo. via the active sync somehow???

Dan
helicopterdan
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Jan 04, 2007 11:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Does yours pick up the cameras???
bbcindia
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Jan 05, 2007 7:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi guys, i'm in the same boat. I recently bought this SatNav and it said it ioncluded speed camera locations on the box, but i canlt find it anywhere? Where abouts on the CD did you find the Speed camera locations helicopterdan?
Also, I joined as a member on this website for one month (£2) and tried downloading the speed camera locations from here but the packard bell isn't listed! So i clicked on 'other' and it came up with loads of different U.K files to download all in SatNav jargon!
Any help will be much appreciated
Thanks!
helicopterdan
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Jan 06, 2007 7:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hi bbcindia. If you explore the disc on the c drive, you can see the file called speed cameras. I dont know what to do with it though
Oldboy
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Jan 06, 2007 8:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

helicopterdan wrote:
hi bbcindia. If you explore the disc on the c drive, you can see the file called speed cameras. I dont know what to do with it though
What is the File called?

I think your Device uses Destinator software, but I don't know if accepts standard POI's.

If it is Destinator then CSV Files will be what you need, but how you would load them, I don't know.

The Destinator Forum might hold some clues.;)

TT 910 V7.903: Europe Map v1045
TT Via 135 App 12.075: Europe Map v1120
helicopterdan
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Jan 08, 2007 4:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The file on disc is called sc.csv It also comes with an program called Destinator console and links up via active sync & usb. I have managed to upload this file now onto the satnav. However, if I pay and register where are the updates for it. (It does say on the box, go to pocketgpsworld for update)
strange.....
bbcindia
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Jan 09, 2007 4:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Helicopterdan, i foun dthe speed camra files and looks as though they are the CSV? Did you manage to load them ointo the SatNav and get it working?
I found this link and was going to try the method listed on it

[url]http:/all-info.mysite.orange.co.uk/page5.html[/url]
bbcindia
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Jan 09, 2007 5:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://all-info.mysite.orange.co.uk/page5.html - Fixed Link
not sure how to edit on these forums
helicopterdan
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Jan 09, 2007 6:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

sure, i found them on the disc. just load up the destinator console on ya pc, then copy them from the disc to the console via the input prompt. then you just click convert . Then if your pc is connected to the pb Compasseo 500 just click download and away they go!
They get stored in the favorites
tanda
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Wed Jan 10, 2007 12:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi everyone, First of all, I don't know anything about your sat nav. When I joined this Forum a year ago, the camera database was Free, and advertisers of sat navs would sell a sat nav with a copy of the database, to make their sat nav sound good and sell. You could then visit the site, and update the database whenever you wanted. Now, you have to be a paid member, to download the database, (£19 a year or £2 a month), which they don't tell you, so its a bit of a con realy, as the database you have is probably 12 months old, but I can tell you, the database is considered the best there is, and is well worth the money.
To find the download page, either click on the link at the top of the page, "SPEED CAMERAS", or there is a big camera icon on the right, towards the bottom, you must be signed in, and a paid up member for the page to display, and don't panic if it takes a few days before your account is opened, it can take a while for the site to recieve your payment. On the left in the HELP section are some help guides that you may find usefull. Finally, a lot of people try to upload the database without unziping it, you must unzip it first, any other problems, come back and ask us on here.

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> PocketGPSWorld Speed Camera Database All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: