Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Navman T1 traffic module
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Navman T1 traffic module
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Mio Navman Portable Navigation Devices
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Gee-Pee
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Thu Feb 01, 2007 9:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

jonandmarkuk wrote:
It took mine a while to find the FM signals where I live, best thing is to try and stay put for a few minutes to locate the signal.
Once it has the signal it is normally good at remembering (as long as you don't power the Navman on without the TMC attached)

Seems if you do power it one without it attached it resets everything and you have to start all over again?

Talking about the aerial, anyone know where I can get replacement sticky pads from. I have just changed car and lost the spare set I had Sad

Thanks for the tip Wink Will give it a go.

The pads you want are called 3M Dual Lock and they come in a variety of different types. Google brings up a load of hits in the UK, but they are not cheap as most of the sites are for Wholesale. Try somewhere like Staples Idea
Gee-Pee
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Tue Feb 06, 2007 11:20 am    Post subject: A little whisper Reply with quote

Just a little whisper Rolling Eyes I've heard that there is possibly likely to be a new version of the Navman traffic module coming......well that is very likely, isn't it, as I've just bought one Crying or Very sad
daswin
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Feb 10, 2007 12:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I HAVE THE T1 AND LIVE IN ESSEX . THE FIRST UNIT I SENT BACK BECAUSE OF NOT RECIVEING A CONSTANT SIGNAL. FITTED NEW ONE PICKED UP SIGNAL STRAIGHT AWAY FOR THE FIRST DAY BUT AFTER THAT NOTHING , MAYBE I LIVE IN A POOR RECEPTION AREA AND THE WEATHER CONDITIONS EFFECT IT ,CAN I GET A ARIEAL UPGRADE..
Gee-Pee
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Sat Feb 10, 2007 12:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

daswin wrote:
I HAVE THE T1 AND LIVE IN ESSEX . THE FIRST UNIT I SENT BACK BECAUSE OF NOT RECIVEING A CONSTANT SIGNAL. FITTED NEW ONE PICKED UP SIGNAL STRAIGHT AWAY FOR THE FIRST DAY BUT AFTER THAT NOTHING , MAYBE I LIVE IN A POOR RECEPTION AREA AND THE WEATHER CONDITIONS EFFECT IT ,CAN I GET A ARIEAL UPGRADE..

Welcome to the Forum. But, please respect etiquette and do not shout! You'll get a better response that way Wink
I too recently bought a T1 (and live in Essex) and I got no signal at all for five days and travelling quite a bit on M25 & M1. Navman have agreed to exchange it for a new one. I tried the aerial in all positions and on two vehicles.
I am hoping the new one works OK.
If you new one picked up a signal originally, then it should be OK. There are dead spots around, so once it has picked up the signal (and you have not rebooted the Navman) then when you drive around away from home you should pick up the signal again. As you will have gathered by reading this forum, there is only one official TMC provider for Navman in this country and that is ClassicFM.
You cannot get an Aerial upgrade from Navman but you can buy an external aerial from Maplins. You will then need a GPS ANTENNA ADAPTER BNC to MCX for the plug. The Aerial should cost you about £15 and the adapter about the same Crying or Very sad
DRP
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Feb 10, 2007 8:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi
I have researched this unit with the possibility that Navman did not do the up grade for the 510, I may possibly change.
Traffic info is on Classic FM frequency. You can get a Mag mount external FM aerial from Maplins.
http://www.maplin.co.uk

The adapter from here.
http://www.expansys.com/p.aspx?i=100140
Hope this helps
Regards
DRP

Mio M400 WEU, N60I, T1, 2x B2, iCN 510 & lots more
Dustysworld
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Feb 13, 2007 8:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi guys, new here .

Anyone interested i have ordered my T1 RDS Traffic moduel form http://www.microwarehouse.co.uk/catalogue/item/NAVMAN67 . Next day delivery, so it should be here today . Only snag is i just got my F20 and this and have no power outlet in the car. Believe it or not it never came with one, Fiat Panda from new . Was not much of a problem, as i don't smoke. Is a problem now tho Wink

Had to order a power outlet unit , that's an additional £17. I cant complain tho , the car is faultless and rock solid and for just over 6K you cant grumble .
Gee-Pee
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Tue Feb 13, 2007 9:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good price. You have saved £15 by buying from them so now you can afford the power supply costs Wink
Dustysworld
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Feb 13, 2007 9:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is true, but id rather the £15 go towards a good malt scotch Wink
Gee-Pee
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Tue Feb 13, 2007 10:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dustysworld wrote:
This is true, but id rather the £15 go towards a good malt scotch Wink

Now you're talking! Man after my own heart Wink

BTW Welcome to the forum
Gee-Pee
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Wed Feb 14, 2007 1:21 pm    Post subject: Re: A little whisper Reply with quote

Gee-Pee wrote:
Just a little whisper Rolling Eyes I've heard that there is possibly likely to be a new version of the Navman traffic module coming......well that is very likely, isn't it, as I've just bought one Crying or Very sad

Well, that whisper was correct, but not much use to me Crying or Very sad It turns out that it is a Bluetooth version for the F series.
Gee-Pee
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Wed Feb 14, 2007 1:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gee-Pee wrote:
Gee-Pee wrote:
ray66 wrote:
I purchased the T1 traffic module from Amazon had concerns as to whether it would work in England but I can assure you it works perfectly. Argos wanted £129 and Amazon £53. had a wait of 6 weeks but worth the wait

Unfortunately that one does not work on the N** range only the 5** etc models. Glad it works though. Wink

There are two T1 modules. The module (product number AA004089) says this on the back of the package: Works for following countries on models: F20, N20, N40i and N60i::::
The other model AA005161 is the older version which works on the 5** range and is about £53 as opposed to the other one which is currently out of stock which is about £70.

Well eat my words Embarassed My T1 had to go back to Navman as I could not get a signal at all. After what seemed an interminable wait, but wasn't really - only nine days - the replacement was delivered today. Turned out to be the 5161 which I had been told categorically by Navman tech support would not work on my N20. Before opening it, I rang them and queried this only to be told that it would work as the software had been updated and all models work on all the GPS devices that take a T1.
Anyway, unpacked it and connected it to my N20 and within 5/10 seconds it was busily downloading traffic reports.

So, here's hoping that it continues to work.
Dustysworld
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Feb 14, 2007 3:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I cant get a signal on mine at all Sad
Gee-Pee
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Wed Feb 14, 2007 6:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dustysworld wrote:
I cant get a signal on mine at all Sad

How long have you had it Question Have you tried different aerial positions? Is the aerial cable cable straight as per the diagram that came with it Question Have you driven around with it - because there are dead spots where it cannot pick up a signal. For instance, I drove only five miles this pm and down one particular road the red (no signal) light came on both on my outward journey and return but as soon as I was off that road the signal re-established itself. Wink
Dustysworld
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Feb 14, 2007 6:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes iv driven around and all that . Just reading another thread about it. I am going to position the unit on my drivers side and run the hairy hole up and along .

I read someone saying scanning for a signal , how does one know if its scanning. I have not seen any indication of any scanning for a signal .
mostdom
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Feb 15, 2007 9:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The T1 is generally always scanning, looking for the best signal. (UK. only one channel anyway). It can take some time to get your first signal, (NAVMAN say upto half an hour) 8O But when you get it, you'll know it. :P

HERE LIES PND May it rest in peace.
Navigon 7310/iPhone Navigon&Copilot

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Mio Navman Portable Navigation Devices All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 3 of 4

Jump to: