Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - i3 not letting me set the exact address as destination
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

i3 not letting me set the exact address as destination
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Garmin Portable Navigation Devices
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Skippy
Pocket GPS Verifier
Pocket GPS Verifier

PostPosted: Wed Jan 03, 2007 3:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MaFt wrote:
a uk postcode covers one side of a single street (except in really really remote areas where it may cover a whole village) - hence my comments!!

Hmm, a post code CAN cover both sides of a street - my home postcode covers odd and even numbers.

However, my street is only 300 yards long and it has at least 4 different post codes. A block of 16 flats and a small close off my road have their own postcodes, the office building I work in has it's own individual postcode too. Note sure about small villages - I don't get out that often. ;)

If you get mail by the sack full then the Post Office will give your business a postcode of it's own (ie DVLA, Inland Revenue etc often have postcodes with 99 or 98 in them).

Wildie wrote:
If we put in the full postcode and number for our home it puts our house on the wrong side of the street...best one todate was inputting postcode for border village england wales under england did not find it, used wales for country up it popped, pressed show on map says its in england.

This is probably because political boundaries aren't necessarily the most practical boundaries to use when delivering mail. A sorting office may cover some addresses which were in an adjacent country, county or city so the postcode may seem a bit odd in places. I know that a fair number of Londoners get hung up about being in or out of the right postcode area from time to time.

Funny old business really. Confused
sunstrip_steve
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Jan 03, 2007 9:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The thing i find odd is why the postcodes are searchable after you have selected England Wales, Scotland. Why not just Great Britain. Would make life much easier.

I always forget about the Wales thing then wonder why CF postcodes don't appear.

Postcodes normally cover up to 21 houses and depending on how they were assigned it can be in block along a road or opposite sides.
ffrr
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Jan 03, 2007 10:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

[quote="sunstrip_steve"]The thing i find odd is why the postcodes are searchable after you have selected England Wales, Scotland. Why not just Great Britain. Would make life much easier.

I always forget about the Wales thing then wonder why CF postcodes don't appear.
[quote]

I get a parallel problem to that. It asks for the Suburb first, then the street number and name. Unfortunately, sometimes it has a different idea as to which suburb the street is in, and hence the street won't appear. Happens most often when we have a suburb like say, Wynnum, and a nearby suburb called Wynnum North. Usually it's the person who supplied the address to you who gets it wrong (they'll just say Wynnum, assuming Wynnum North is part of Wynnum), but it doesn't help when trying to set the address in the i3.

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Garmin Portable Navigation Devices All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: