Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
SurfShark VPN for Streaming TV
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - TomTom ONE won't switch on
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

TomTom ONE won't switch on

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Portable Navigation Devices
View previous topic :: View next topic  
pflynn
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Dec 30, 2006 1:47 am    Post subject: TomTom ONE won't switch on Reply with quote

My new TomTom ONE has been occasionally refusing to power on. If I stick a paperclip in the reset hole, it reboots and works OK, but randomly after powering down it will refuse to power up again and needs the reboot.

I have successfully installed the Windows software and done a backup. TT1 also works fine with Bluetooth and my SE Z720i, and otherwise appears to work normally.

Is the software known to be buggy, or is it a hardware fault?
thebinman
Banned

PostPosted: Sat Dec 30, 2006 1:58 pm    Post subject: Re: TomTom ONE won't switch on Reply with quote

pflynn wrote:
My new TomTom ONE has been occasionally refusing to power on. If I stick a paperclip in the reset hole, it reboots and works OK, but randomly after powering down it will refuse to power up again and needs the reboot.

I have successfully installed the Windows software and done a backup. TT1 also works fine with Bluetooth and my SE Z720i, and otherwise appears to work normally.

Is the software known to be buggy, or is it a hardware fault?

The V2's do have this "problem" but paperclip always seems to sort it out.
pjn
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Dec 31, 2006 12:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm "glad" someone else has this problem too Crying or Very sad

I've been getting this at least once a day with my new TomTom ONE V2 (purchased Boxing Day, plus latest firmware). I wasn't sure if I had a faulty unit or not.
Aitch2
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Dec 31, 2006 2:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm getting this about 1 in 10 shutdowns. I've noticed that it seems to increase the likelyhood when 'shutting down' my new ONE v2 EUR by removing from PC USB cable.

Aitch
mark-w
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Dec 31, 2006 2:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi all, I got a new version tomtom one in november, I also experienced this problem from day one, quite often the unit would not switch on, after a few days I took it back to the retailer (halfords) the GPS expert there said it needed a reset and did that for me, he said it was quite common for them to need a reset but he had never had a unit returned after he had reset them.
However I continued to experience the problem, and had to press the rest button continually myself, so I returned the unit a second time complaing that it was faulty and requesting a replacement, I was given a brand new unit and since then have never experienced the problem of it not switching on (touch wood) so after reading this thread I wonder if there is a faulty batch of these units ?????
Regards
Mark

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Portable Navigation Devices All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: