Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Poor GPS signal..... solution?
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Poor GPS signal..... solution?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Beginners GPS Lounge
View previous topic :: View next topic  
sydoveton
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Dec 21, 2006 5:11 pm    Post subject: Poor GPS signal..... solution? Reply with quote

Hi,

I have recently changed my car to a Peugeot 307 and I am having problems with my GPS receiver which is an integrated mount / receiver for my HP h4150. It worked spot on in my previous vehicles. I borrowed my dads 'old style' tomtom bluetooth receiver and it works great as long as i stick it up between my sunroof and and the sunroof screen.

Is this due to the possible heat reflecting windscreens that I have been reading about? I have found a product that I hope may help http://www.mobilefun.co.uk/product/9663.htm do you think this may be the solution for my vehicle?

Also at the same time can someone make me a recommendation for a new BT gps receiver as the second problem is the battery in the receiver doesn't nerarly last long enough for my needs as putting the gps receiver by the rear view mirror will leave me without a place to charge!

Other suggestions welcome
PaulB2005
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Dec 21, 2006 5:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Same problem here with a Renault Megane. I use an aerial that plugs into my i3 and is roiuted round to the top of my rear view mirror as the dotted area around it is untreated.

Not sure about the device you listed.
sydoveton
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Dec 21, 2006 5:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Paul. I think I'm gonna try that holder. It's only cheap after all.

I'm still open to suggestions on a new receiver. My hope would be to have a gps receiver being permanently powered and hidden from view with an external antenna only showing.

I don't know much about car electronics but is there away to hardwire in a BT gps receiver in to the glove box say for instance?

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Beginners GPS Lounge All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: