Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Western_Europe.TTNM5.exe is not a valid Win32 application.?
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Western_Europe.TTNM5.exe is not a valid Win32 application.?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Software-Only Products
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Calomax
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Sat Dec 16, 2006 5:34 pm    Post subject: Western_Europe.TTNM5.exe is not a valid Win32 application.? Reply with quote

I've bought, paid for, & downloaded the new seamless map of Western Europe for TTN 5.1 but every time I try to run it I get the message that "Western_Europe.TTNM5.exe is not a valid Win32 application."

I've been having an email conversation with TomTom support who have been very quick to reply each time. But they haven't been able to come up with a solution. First I was told to delete the file & download the .exe file again, not the .zip file. Same thing happened. Then he noticed that I hadn't entered my device code in my profile & thought that was the reason so I have done that and downloaded the file again. Still getting the same message. Now waiting for another reply but does anyone out there know what my problem might be please?
NickR
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Dec 16, 2006 7:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

where are you running the Western_Europe.TTNM5.exe from? I think Western_Europe.TTNM5.exe should be run from the PC then this gets installed via the activesync to the PDA?

IPhone 4
schneid
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Dec 16, 2006 9:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sounds like you are trying to run a PPC app on your PC. That is error you get when you try to run a Windoes CE app in regular Windows XP, 2000, NT, etc.
Calomax
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Sun Dec 17, 2006 9:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

NickR & schneid. Thank you. I've tried saving it to my pc and it's when I double click it there the "Run" that I get the message. I've also clicked on "Run" when instead of "Save" when downloading and when it finishes downloading (after nearly 3 hours on Broadband) and I select "Run" the same thing happens.

schneid, Are you saying that I should try copying it across to the PPC storage card? Will it run from there?

Thanks again both of you.
Howarduk
Pocket GPS Verifier
Pocket GPS Verifier

PostPosted: Sun Dec 17, 2006 12:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Calomax

Have you tried running the application after you have put the PDA into the holder and active synch is operating?

Howard
Active Synch 4.5
MohairSofa Calendar+Today Plug-in Ver.2.5.2
Softwinter Storage Tools Ver.2.0 ppc 420
Pocket Informant 9.01 build2390
Sprite Back up Ver 6.5.4 build 16
Calomax
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Sun Dec 17, 2006 1:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Howarduk. Yes I have. That is when I get the "Western_Europe.TTNM5.exe is not a valid Win32 application." message
NickR
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Dec 18, 2006 10:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Calomax wrote:
NickR & schneid. Thank you. I've tried saving it to my pc and it's when I double click it there the "Run" that I get the message. I've also clicked on "Run" when instead of "Save" when downloading and when it finishes downloading (after nearly 3 hours on Broadband) and I select "Run" the same thing happens.

schneid, Are you saying that I should try copying it across to the PPC storage card? Will it run from there?

Thanks again both of you.

Maybe problem is the hole file did not get downloaded, give tomtom support a ring and ask them what the file size should be? If you have a download problem, maybe is timing out ask them if they have an ftp site you can download from, you will need a ftp download program to do this or it maybe worth asking them to send you the file on cd or dvd?

Cheers

IPhone 4
Calomax
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Mon Dec 18, 2006 10:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks NickR, I'm afraid most of that is over my head but I'll pass it on to TT Support to see if it helps. I don't know about getting it on CD or DVD because the 20% discount only applies to downloads.
Calomax
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Wed Dec 20, 2006 1:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

An update on my problem. I passed on the relevant comments I got on the forum to tt support. Heard nothing for a couple of days so emailed. Reply says thaty have passed my problem on to 2nd level technical support and to be patient. finbgers are well and truly crossed.
Calomax
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Sun Dec 24, 2006 8:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Success at last Laughing . NickR was right, I was being timed out, or at least I wasn't downloading the whole programme. I kept trying then, as an experiment, I disabled OnSpeed which is a programme that is supposed to speed up the internet. I was then able to download the map and install it. Might not have been that but quite a coincidence.

I was origonaaly worried about asking TT Support for help after reading some of the comments, but I had superbly fast replies and they removed the map from my account and reloaded it in case that was the problem. They weren't able to identify the reason but can't blame them as it was a pretty obscure thing at my end. I found them excellent. :D

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Software-Only Products All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: