Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - I paid my £2, and I can find nothing to D/L !?!?
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

I paid my £2, and I can find nothing to D/L !?!?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> PocketGPSWorld Speed Camera Database
View previous topic :: View next topic  
carpetpaul
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Dec 15, 2006 11:47 pm    Post subject: I paid my £2, and I can find nothing to D/L !?!? Reply with quote

I'm a little new to all this, I have the v.1 Tomtom One, backed up and ready to add the speed camera database (and hopefully the .ogg sound files)
I've read the instructions a few times on the site, but all I do is keep going around in a circle. Could one of the moderators please advise me or give me a link to the correct page on the site ?
I think I read that there are a few ways that you can download the camera info, and perhaps the most technical is beyond me at this stage..... I'll try for the basic install first.
Please help

I'm aware of how to get the TT's drive showing on my pc and I can get my way into the GB map folder...... apart from that I've not tried anything more.
Oldboy
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Dec 16, 2006 9:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Link is on the left of every page. Under Members Area.;)

For the ONE. On the Camera Page, Click the Down Arrow to get a list of Names. As you are able to get around the PC, I'd say say choose TomTom OV2. as your best option.

Click Continue. On the next Page you have a choice of 3 Files for the UK. A short desciption is on the right.

For your first effort, if you want to ease yourself in, I would take the second Option 'UK - single file with all cameras'. Note that all of the downloads have the same cameras in - just laid out differently.

When you Click Download, a Window should appear asking what you want to do with the File (Select 'Save to Disk'), and then you will be asked Where you want it to be Saved. I personally use a Folder called Download on the PC. It's easier for me to remember what it's for.Smile

Some use XP's own Unzip utility, which you ca get to by Right Clicking the Zip File. I personally use WinZip.

Whichever you use, you can Extract the Files in the Download Zip. Again you can use the same Folder if you want.

You will then have 5 Files. Take time to read the TXT Files, especially the release.txt File so you can check which download you have, and if you are stuck there is also a Need_Help File.

Basically, it's then a case of just Copy/Paste the OV2 and BMP Files into the Map Folder.

Then when the ONE is running on it's own, you go to Change preferences | Manage POI | Warn When Near. Make your choice for each Menu Question and then you have it.

If you then go for the Consolidated Cameras, or the Speed Zoned, always delete the old file first. It saves a lot of head scratching later on, as seen in some of the Forums.Smile

Just one other thing. When you have it running as you want it, you only need to Copy/Paste the OV2 Files as the BMP Files are the same each time.

TT 910 V7.903: Europe Map v1045
TT Via 135 App 12.075: Europe Map v1120
carpetpaul
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Dec 16, 2006 8:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the advice,

I'm now on the page
http://www.pocketgpsworld.com/modules.php?name=Cameras

I see a Google map of the uk and lower down a coloured chart starting "Compatibility & Installation - Important, please read..etc"

Part down the list I have :-

"TomTom Go, Rider, One Yes TomTom OV2/ TomTom Home OV2 Click Here"

Having clicked the "Click here", I'm on page in the forum :

"http://www.pocketgpsworld.com/modules.php?name=Forums&file=viewtopic&t=18701"

Still, I can't see a real list of 'click here to download single file version of camera database for Tomtom One etc

please help, I'd love to get this up and running !

Paul
mikealder
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Dec 16, 2006 8:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Towards the top of the page you linked to should be a dropdown box, select the satnav system in the drop box then press the "continue" button - Mike
carpetpaul
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Dec 16, 2006 8:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Either :-

1, I've gone totally mad (possible)

2, This is a really hard web site to use

3, I need to book an eye test

...... I just don't see a drop down box, or continue button !?

any chance of a screen shot of this ?

I thought It could have been some kind of popup blocker or active part of the page that I'm not getting, I'm not aware of a problem like this on any other website......

you're gonna prove me wrong..... I'm gonna look an idiot (again)

Paul
PaulB2005
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Dec 16, 2006 8:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

carpetpaul
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Dec 16, 2006 9:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the screen shot, I can tell from it that your screenshot is different from mine.
I figured that it could be that I wasn't logged in (as in that place on my screen it says

"Downloading the Database

To download the latest version of the PocketGPSWorld.com Speed Camera Database you need to be a subcribed user. Click here to see the benefits of subscribing to our site and to complete your subscription."

however I AM logged in because if I go to the 'log in' page it shows up my user name and suggests that I am logged in. Also, I can log out (I actually have to press "log out / exit" and log back in....the result is the same

......I see the above "click to subscribe"

I've got the paypal recipt, so I know I've paid and clicked thru any emails that came from the site etc

....... Oh why do things have to be so difficult !! GGrrrrr !
carpetpaul
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Dec 16, 2006 9:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I only joined and paid last night....... am I trying to do this too soon after I've registered..... should I be waiting of an email from the site, for them to mark me as 'subscribed', so the site see's me as someone who has access to the database ?

Paul.
mikealder
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Dec 16, 2006 9:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Paul, does the following quote from the FAQ - subscriptions area answer you question? - I appreciate finding this sort of information can seem difficult - Mike
Quote:
Q. I've paid using PayPal. Why am I not a Member yet?

A. When you make a payment through PayPal that is funded by Instant Bank Transfer (the vast majority of transactions) we receive your payment and you become a Member immediately.

If you are an existing PayPal customer and do not elect to pay by credit card you therefore elect to pay by a transfer from an existing PayPal account - this transfer takes the form of a virtual cheque, called an eCheque.

All those that are able to use a credit card get instant access.

The rule of thumb is, if you have used PayPal and haven't paid by credit card then you have paid by eCheque.

If you used eCheque we would not have received your payment immediately. Funds will only be received once cleared through the banking system. As soon as payment clears (usually up to 8 working days, but sometimes longer - we have had reports of up to 14 days clearance) you will receive your membership details automatically.

We do mention it on the payment page, but in amongst all the other information, understandably, it can be missed.

Your 1st email subject line from PayPal will read 'Receipt for Your Payment to PocketGPSWorld.com Ltd' whereas the 2nd email will read 'eCheque Payment Complete'.
RobBrady
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Dec 18, 2006 4:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I can confirm this was an eCheque payment as opposed to credit card so it will have to clear through the banking system before PayPal release the funds.

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> PocketGPSWorld Speed Camera Database All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: