Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - V9 Maps
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

V9 Maps
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 11, 12, 13 ... 20, 21, 22  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Garmin Portable Navigation Devices
View previous topic :: View next topic  
jingwe
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Jan 15, 2007 9:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Rustyjames.

I am having exactly the same error with my unit. Posted a topic last week.

Rang Garmin on thursday morning and they said they would need to research it and phone me back. Pointed out that their support hours are my work hours so I would not be able to be at a phone.

They said they would mail me with something but nothing by today, so I left work early enough to catch their support by phone again.

Was asked the same questions, told to by a flash card and when I insisted they should get the existing memory working, and then told they would have to research it and phone me back Sad

Gave them my mail address - again - and they promised they would send me something tomorrow.

If I have any luck I will post the details here
RavingDave
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Tue Jan 16, 2007 2:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Paddywack wrote:
I ordered mine online on the 13th and have been waiting 'patiently' for the disk to arrive. Evil or Very Mad

Has anyone who ordered a disk online had theirs delivered yet and if so when did they place an order Question I thought I was fairly quick off the mark but maybe not.

I ordered mine originally on 13 December, but then between Xmas and New year got an email to say their database was corrupted and asking me to re-order. I did this straight away, and the disk arrived on 11th Jan. Followed all the instructions, set up MyGarmin account etc, and got the new version running on my Nuvi 310D without any problems.

The 310D also originally came with all Europe mapping, so was also able to unlock all of the extended Europe coverage. UK & I is on the unit itself, and everything else takes about 1.1gb, so all goes on a 2GB card (Viking SD card at £19.99 from Amazon) with no problems and room to spare.

Glad it arrived when it did, as the next day I went to a place called Mlada Boleslav in the Czech Republic, and with this now covered in V9 I was able to guide the Prague based taxi driver to my destination - without the Nuvi I think I might still be driving around looking for it!. Very impressed that the the hotel I was booked into was also in the V9 POI.

I can also confirm that the Nuvi works on a Boeing 737, even when not in a window seat. Achieved an average speed of 440mph on the way back, and was able to see the plane pass within 2 miles of my house. Unfortunately I then arrived home 2 hours later, having to drive 80 miles from the airport!
snowboardcriminal
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Jan 16, 2007 2:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

[/quote] I can also confirm that the Nuvi works on a Boeing 737, even when not in a window seat.
Quote:

How fast were you going when you took off? did the stewardess not publicly humiliate you for daring to have an electronic device working on the plane? ( recently told that i could not use a mp3 player at any point on a plane journey, so much for Britains favorite airline!).

Where did you route your ariel!!

There are things that I know and you don't know, there are things that you know that i don't know, but always remember there is much that we both don't know.
snowboardcriminal
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Jan 16, 2007 2:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

[/quote] I can also confirm that the Nuvi works on a Boeing 737, even when not in a window seat.[quote]

How fast were you going when you took off? did the stewardess not publicly humiliate you for daring to have an electronic device working on the plane? ( recently told that i could not use a mp3 player at any point on a plane journey, so much for Britains favorite airline!).

There are things that I know and you don't know, there are things that you know that i don't know, but always remember there is much that we both don't know.
snowboardcriminal
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Jan 16, 2007 3:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Embarassed Embarassed

Having difficulty with this quote lark

RavingDave
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Tue Jan 16, 2007 3:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

snowboardcriminal wrote:
I can also confirm that the Nuvi works on a Boeing 737, even when not in a window seat.
Quote:

Didn't switch on till the seatbealt lights went out, and told to switch it off before landing. Got a fix really quickly just sitting in the middle seat of 3. Flight was with Thomsonfly, but i've never had any problems using any kind of MP3/Laptop/PDA with any airline (including the World's favourite) once the plane is in the air. My daughter has even used her Mororola phone on-board which has a 'flight mode' to cut the cell-phone transmitter circuit.
JillG
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Jan 16, 2007 7:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Am hoping someone can help! I too have the new City Navigator Europe NT V9 (I have a Garmin Nuvi 300) My son thought he was helping and loaded the new disk and transferred onto my Nuvi! I now have 'maps locked' and it will not reset back to normal? The Nuvi was preloaded with UK/Ireland. If I go ahead and pay for the unlock will I have everything back to normal? albeit a lot more Rolling Eyes
Almahadeus
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Jan 16, 2007 8:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

JillG wrote:
Am hoping someone can help! I too have the new City Navigator Europe NT V9 (I have a Garmin Nuvi 300) My son thought he was helping and loaded the new disk and transferred onto my Nuvi! I now have 'maps locked' and it will not reset back to normal? The Nuvi was preloaded with UK/Ireland. If I go ahead and pay for the unlock will I have everything back to normal? albeit a lot more Rolling Eyes

The unlock key is free from Garmin if your unit is bought and registered with Garmin after 01/09/2006. Where did you get the DVD from?
JillG
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Jan 16, 2007 8:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Had my unit since Nov. '05 little used! Had an email from Garmin decided to have the update - wish I hadn't! Suppose it would be cheaper to use it as look like my maps have gone for good!?
Anita
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Jan 16, 2007 9:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Phone Garmin and explain what happened. They're usually very helpful and would probably re-instate v8 maps on your unit. If you're very lucky they may even return it with v9 maps!
Samsung Galaxy S21
rustyjames
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Jan 16, 2007 11:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jingwe wrote:
Hi Rustyjames.

I am having exactly the same error with my unit. Posted a topic last week.

Rang Garmin on thursday morning and they said they would need to research it and phone me back. Pointed out that their support hours are my work hours so I would not be able to be at a phone.

They said they would mail me with something but nothing by today, so I left work early enough to catch their support by phone again.

Was asked the same questions, told to by a flash card and when I insisted they should get the existing memory working, and then told they would have to research it and phone me back Sad

Gave them my mail address - again - and they promised they would send me something tomorrow.

If I have any luck I will post the details here

Thanks for the update. Please keep us posted on how you get on.

I do have a card, but I'd hoped to put the UK on the internal memory and save the card for everything else. Only paid about £7 for 512Mb so might just get another and put UK on one, and the bits of Europe I'm bothered about on the other.

Going to have to play around a bit to try and figure out putting POI's on the card though if that's possible as was previously suggested. All are on the internal memory through the POI loader at the moment.
JillG
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Jan 17, 2007 5:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

A reply from Garmin:
Thank you for contacting Garmin Europe.
I will be happy to help you with this, yes the most cost effective means is to update to version 9 to get the maps back onto your unit, if you could let me know the serial number of your unit and I will search for your registration code which you would need to both register and update.

In addition I have attached the above guides to help you through the update process if you wish to update to version 9.

If you have any further questions please do not hesitate to contact me.

Cheapest option I suppose Rolling Eyes
PowerLee
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Jan 17, 2007 5:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi

Managed to update my I3 to V9 maps today but I have a question.

My I3 has the map data stored on the internal memory but the POIs stored on the memory card.

If I was to buy a bigger memory card would I be able to install the whole of Europe map data to this card & use it?

What size of memory card would I need to buy?

Thanks in advance

Lee
JillG
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Jan 17, 2007 5:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gosh can't help there, I have no card but your question is making me wonder if the update will fit? Confused
paulyoung666
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Jan 17, 2007 6:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

so .................. i got brave with my new shiny i3 , i went through the procedure and it said , dont do it if your maps are on the memory card ( they are ) , i did it anyway and it worked perfectly , thank god for that 8O :D :D :D

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Garmin Portable Navigation Devices All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 11, 12, 13 ... 20, 21, 22  Next
Page 12 of 22

Jump to: