Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - download camera database & load onto ICN 510
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

download camera database & load onto ICN 510
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> PocketGPSWorld Speed Camera Database
View previous topic :: View next topic  
BLKEY
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Dec 09, 2006 7:59 am    Post subject: download camera database & load onto ICN 510 Reply with quote

Hi Im new to this game how does one download speed camera database
& load it onto a Navman ICN510 Ihave tried all the help places but no success it seems very complicated
mikealder
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Dec 09, 2006 9:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Welcome to the forum, have you had a read through THIS which details how to instal and configure the database on your device - Mike
BLKEY
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2008 10:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hi mike
i have tried every thing on your instruction sheet but i dont seem to be getting the right answers 1 which database should i download 2 how long does it take to install it onto a navman 510 5 hours seems a very long time to me to install only part of it that is why i have asked for someones help the last time i installed the database i bought it already on a sd card from e bay and it word superb all i wish to do is upgrade it surely its not too much to ask without paul getting nasty
mikealder
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2008 10:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The database type you should download is down to your preference, I would try the Consolidated by type version for your device to be honest, once you have the download on the PC unzip it and follow the guide I linked to earlier, can you inform us as to which part the guide fails for you, the more information the better as we can then answer the query more accurately.

I assume you are using the Smart ST PC based software to transfer the files to the Navman? - Mike
PaulB2005
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2008 7:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

BLKEY Please stop opening new threads and keep all your questions here. Mike Alder has tried to help. Can you respond to his questions?

I've added BLKEYs latest response below

Quote:
hi navman users
sorry i posted this somewhere else but to put the speed camera database onto a navman 510 is there any other way to load it into my POI without having to do every camera individually also how does one know which are the latest additions without going through the thousands that are listed, why cant the newest ones be entered in a different colour each time or does one have to delete the whole database and then go through the whole proccess again.
PaulB2005
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2008 8:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Another response from another new thread
Quote:

I must be reading these instruction wrong the way i am reading your instructions it is showing each individual camera and i dont understand how to do each catorgary i have been 4 days on this problem and i must admit i am baffled please help
BLKEY
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2008 8:17 am    Post subject: loading problems Reply with quote

i have read this until i am sick thi instruction only shows loading each individual camery i just feel like topping myself i am that upset over this problem
PaulB2005
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2008 8:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Step 6. Click FILE | SAVE TO DEVICE

Are you saying this does NOT copy the cameras for the entire category to your device and that it only copies one camera at a time?

As i understand it you need to do steps 1-9 for one camera type and then repeat 4-9 another 4 times, once for each category.

You shouldn't be loading the cameras one at a time.

When you update you'll either have to manually delete the old database and load the new one, or it'll automatically delete it for you.

You don't have to just add the changed ones.

These instructions have been up for some time and you seem to be the first to have this much difficulty. Please bear with us and we'll get this sorted.

Can you start again and clearly state what happens when you get to Step 6? When you hit FILE | SAVE TO DEVICE what gets copied to your unit? Have you tried the Consolidated database as Mike suggested above?
mikealder
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2008 8:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Can we start back at basics here, for a start exactly which database have you download from the options available (Answer by clicking the "POST REPLY" button) - Mike
BLKEY
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2008 10:11 am    Post subject: answer to my problem Reply with quote

1 click on map
2 click on POIs
3 POI Editor
4 click file
5 click open text file
6 OPEN click on folder
7 list of cameras appear
8 click file then save to device
9 POI Options
10 POI File name
11 click ok
and that only puts 1 camera onto the device
so can you tell me where i am going wrong
I downloaded the consolidated version
BLKEY
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2008 10:50 am    Post subject: database options Reply with quote

i downloaded the consolidated version but whether i did it right i dont know as there is no temp folder that is the main crux of all my enquiry
BLKEY
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2008 11:43 am    Post subject: database problems Reply with quote

I dont know wether you received my last reply or not but this is driving me nuts not being able to load this any other ideas from anyone would be greatfully received Embarassed
BLKEY
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2008 1:24 pm    Post subject: bookmark this page Reply with quote

how do i bookmark this i dont know how to
Andy_P
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2008 1:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That depends on what program you use to browse the web.

If you use "Internet Explorer", then while you are on this page, go to the "Favourites" menu at the very top of the screen, click on it and then click on "Add to Favourites" in the list that drops down.
Click "ADD" in the next window that opens. The page will then be available in the list that opens when you click on "Favourites" again. Just click on it to come to this page.

If you use "Firefox", the process is the same, but the menu is called "Bookmarks", and you select "Bookmark this page".
M8TJT
The Other Tired Old Man
The Other Tired Old Man

PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2008 1:34 pm    Post subject: Re: database options Reply with quote

Hi there.
Just a slightly different spin on things.

From this:
BLKEY wrote:
i downloaded the consolidated version but whether i did it right i dont know as there is no temp folder that is the main crux of all my enquiry

I suspect that BLKEY is possibly not aware that he has to create a temp folder in which to unzip the files. (My appologies if I am wrong).
Our instructions do assume a certain level of computational expertise, which perhaps some of our users do not have.

BLKEY, if this is the case, please post reply here, and no doubt that Paul, Mike or Andy, all of whom are vastly more experienced in this sort of things than I am, will be able to help you more. Unfortunately, I can't because I don't have a Navman Smile and don't want to add to the confusion any more than I just have done

The method of bookmarking depends on the browser that you are usinng In Microsoft Internet Explorer, Click on the 'Favorites' menu and then chose 'Add to Favorites' and give it a name that you will recognise (Sorry Andy, We crossed)

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> PocketGPSWorld Speed Camera Database All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 1 of 4

Jump to: