Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Mio c710 and POI-Warner???
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Mio c710 and POI-Warner???

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Navigon Portable Navigation Devices
View previous topic :: View next topic  
JohnRicketts
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Dec 07, 2006 1:27 pm    Post subject: Mio c710 and POI-Warner??? Reply with quote

A month ago I took my first steps into sat-nav with a mio 269. I bought Poi-warner and a subscription to poi-handler.com and found it to be excellent.

I bought a TMC receiver, flashed the firmware, installed Miomap V2 etc and finally ran into the TMC decoding problems (yes, I can see you all smirking knowingly!!)

Long and short is, I sold the 269 on ebay, and have just bought a brand new c710. The question is now whether the POI-warner and POI-handler do anything for me or whether to just pass the subscription over to the buyer of my old one for gratis.

Cheers,
John
Sallyann
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Thu Dec 07, 2006 2:00 pm    Post subject: Re: Mio c710 and POI-Warner??? Reply with quote

JohnRicketts wrote:
A month ago I took my first steps into sat-nav with a mio 269. I bought Poi-warner and a subscription to poi-handler.com and found it to be excellent.

I bought a TMC receiver, flashed the firmware, installed Miomap V2 etc and finally ran into the TMC decoding problems (yes, I can see you all smirking knowingly!!)

Long and short is, I sold the 269 on ebay, and have just bought a brand new c710. The question is now whether the POI-warner and POI-handler do anything for me or whether to just pass the subscription over to the buyer of my old one for gratis.

Cheers,
John

Hi John,
At the moment there is no way you can directly use POI-warner with the C710. There has been correspondence with poiwarner.de which suggests that Mio need to implement a software change first, and they seem reluctant to do it.
The C710 does however have a really good integrated speed camera warning system, and you can import both speed cams and other POI's with a little effort. There is plenty to read in this forum.

Sal
PS Did your C710 come with Miomap 3.2, or are they still sending out 3.1?
JohnRicketts
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Dec 07, 2006 3:07 pm    Post subject: Re: Mio c710 and POI-Warner??? Reply with quote

<snip>
Sal
PS Did your C710 come with Miomap 3.2, or are they still sending out 3.1?[/quote]

Thanks for the advice, I thought that was the case. I should get the c710 delivered tomorrow with a bit of luck (£261 from supertrader.co.uk via ebay!). I'll upgrade it to 3.2 promptly unless anyone can give me a good reason not too!

Cheers,
John
Sallyann
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Thu Dec 07, 2006 5:16 pm    Post subject: Re: Mio c710 and POI-Warner??? Reply with quote

Some find 3.2 OK, others have had problems. Personally I have gone back to 3.1 but don't let that put you off. There is a lot of discussion about this if you browse back in the forum.
I have just bought a second one and that was still 3.1. I would be interested to know what yours is.

Sal
JohnRicketts
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Dec 08, 2006 4:46 pm    Post subject: Re: Mio c710 and POI-Warner??? Reply with quote

Sallyann wrote:
Some find 3.2 OK, others have had problems. Personally I have gone back to 3.1 but don't let that put you off. There is a lot of discussion about this if you browse back in the forum.
I have just bought a second one and that was still 3.1. I would be interested to know what yours is.

Sal

Just arrived!

It is pre-loaded with V3.2 and is running firmware version R31F.3.123.1004

.................can't wait for hometime to try it out!

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Navigon Portable Navigation Devices All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: