Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Tom Tome ONE posessed by demons shocker!
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Tom Tome ONE posessed by demons shocker!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Portable Navigation Devices
View previous topic :: View next topic  
JohnTT
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Dec 06, 2006 11:17 pm    Post subject: Tom Tome ONE posessed by demons shocker! Reply with quote

I was a bit shocked coming home tonight. I connected up the Tom Tom ONE UK (New version) as normal, although I had a bit of trouble getting the lead in because I'd stuck it on the screen first Rolling Eyes .

When I tried to plan a route home (new toy so still playing Wink ) the screen did not respond to tapping. I tried turning it off and on again. Same thing. I took the Tom Tom off the screen and held it in my hand and tried again. Still no response.

Suddenly it jumped through a few menus and got stuck. I managed to cancel out but it jumped back in all by itself and started typing a random selection of "L"s and "T"s in the address field like the invisible man was leaning over my shoulder or perhaps it had turned into a Wigi board 8O .

It was totally unuseable. I checked for debris on the screen but couldn't see any and tried turning it on and off a couple of times and pulled the card out but nothing helped. It booted up correctly but behaved as if something was touching the screen Confused .

When I got home I took the card out and reset the unit through the little hole with a paperclip. It works fine now Rolling Eyes ! What's that all about??? Anybody experienced this paranormal behaviour before? :o
sgould
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Dec 07, 2006 12:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've had instances where the GO was very slow at responding to screen prods, but nothing that extreme. Maybe it was already needing a reset when you started trying to get it to go - then several minutes later it remembered all the poking about!!
Western Europe Map
Eastern Europe Map
Kenwood DNX-4210DAB with Garmin maps
JohnTT
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Dec 07, 2006 7:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Possibly. I've got it set to remember where it was on startup too.

I was just a bit concerned that, as I had to twist it on the bracket to get the lead in, it might have strained and twisted the case and upset the touch screen. That would only be true if the Tom Tom was extremely delicate though Confused .
Skater
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Thu Dec 07, 2006 11:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The volume slider appeared on mine the other day and the pointer was jumping around all over the place.

Think it was a bit of sh*t on the screen Smile

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Portable Navigation Devices All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: