Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - GoPal PNA350 Navigation System with TMC MD95770
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

GoPal PNA350 Navigation System with TMC MD95770

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> SatNav User Reviews
View previous topic :: View next topic  
bazz2004
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Dec 24, 2006 12:53 pm    Post subject: GoPal PNA350 Navigation System with TMC MD95770 Reply with quote

I exchanged my Evesham BM6380 for this unit largely because I couldn't get a refund but have been very happy with its performance. The GoPal PNA350 is straightforward to use with its touch screen and Navteq Navigator 5.1 software. Routes provided have been good and the routing options are easily varied. It has a Sirff III antenna which gives a fast fix even with a coated windscreen. This is so very important. Sirff II often requires an external aerial which is a real pain. I downloaded the wrong Medion version of POI-Warner which caused problems but it's all working properly now and the speed camera database is a useful add on. The TMC function is available via the extra aerial which is fixed to the screen with suction pads. It works by accessing local radio traffic info and recalculates the route to avoid traffic problems. I have found this too much hassle to set up but it works fine and is free.

So what are the minuses? Firstly, the absence of a mains charger which I had to buy from the Medion shop for almost £20. Secondly, the screen is almost impossible to read in bright sunlight. This seems to be a general problem. I will try to find a screen protector which will improve on this.

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> SatNav User Reviews All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: