Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
SurfShark VPN for Streaming TV
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - GO910: Postcodes only in Netherlands?
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

GO910: Postcodes only in Netherlands?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Portable Navigation Devices
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Cams
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Mar 20, 2007 9:27 am    Post subject: GO910: Postcodes only in Netherlands? Reply with quote

I just got a GO910 and am trying to enter a UK postcode as a favourite, however all I am getting is Dutch postcodes and I can find no way of changing it to UK. Can anyone help?

I'm doing it via the PC over the USB connection.

Thanks in advance
Cams
tonys66
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Tue Mar 20, 2007 12:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

using explora go to the file under Western_and_Central_Europe called zip in there you should have 4 files 2 for neverland and 2 for Greatbrittan if not you can download from TT site
Also make sure you are using the GB map on TT go to change preferences/manage maps/switch map/and chose western & central europe
Oldboy
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Mar 20, 2007 3:46 pm    Post subject: Re: GO910: Postcodes only in Netherlands? Reply with quote

Cams wrote:
I just got a GO910 and am trying to enter a UK postcode as a favourite, however all I am getting is Dutch postcodes and I can find no way of changing it to UK. Can anyone help?

I'm doing it via the PC over the USB connection.

Thanks in advance
Cams

The TT Devices that have a Western Europe Map on them will, by default, use a UK Postcode if the GPS thinks it's in the UK and the Netherlands if it thinks you are there.

If you are in any other Country you have to select the Postcode File you want to use.

When you are connected to the PC, and HOME, the PC does use the GPS part to acquire the geographical position. You have to set the Current Position, by using the Icon below the Virtual TT, to determine'where' you are located.

It's the method used to use Itinerary Planning (and Advanced Planning) without the Device knowing your true location, and messing up the calculations. Smile

Your problem stems from the fact that the Virtual TT thinks you are located in the Netherlands.

TT 910 V7.903: Europe Map v1045
TT Via 135 App 12.075: Europe Map v1120
Andy_P
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Mar 20, 2007 9:26 pm    Post subject: Re: GO910: Postcodes only in Netherlands? Reply with quote

Oldboy wrote:

When you are connected to the PC, and HOME, the PC does use the GPS part to acquire the geographical position.

Typo? does=doesn't?
Oldboy
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Mar 20, 2007 9:35 pm    Post subject: Re: GO910: Postcodes only in Netherlands? Reply with quote

Andy_P2002 wrote:
Oldboy wrote:

When you are connected to the PC, and HOME, the PC does use the GPS part to acquire the geographical position.

Typo? does=doesn't?
The one time I didn't use Preview and YOU find it!! Grrrr

Andy_P
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Mar 20, 2007 9:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry, no intention to offend.
Was genuinely confused (~3 hours sleep for last three nights is my excuse)
tonys66
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Tue Mar 20, 2007 9:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am sure he just follows your posts just to pick holes in them Laughing Pistol Shoot Out Stop it!
Andy_P
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Mar 20, 2007 10:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gee, thanks. I'll think twice in future.
Oldboy
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Mar 21, 2007 8:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like to think I know Andy better than that. It's all down to team-work. If one misses something, then someone else will fill the missing parts.

Everyone makes mistakes, and I'm grateful to him for pointing out what could have been a serious mis-understanding. Smile

@Andy. I wasn't offended. Life's too short for that. ;)

Andy_P
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Mar 21, 2007 2:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Smile
I tried making few posts last night after my week of sleepless nights, and made even more mistakes than usual (and don't you always spot them JUST as you hit the submit button!).

Now I'm trying to produce live telly whilst nodding off every few seconds (AND typing this with the other hand) Surprised
DennisN
Tired Old Man
Tired Old Man

PostPosted: Wed Mar 21, 2007 10:05 pm    Post subject: Re: GO910: Postcodes only in Netherlands? Reply with quote

Oldboy wrote:
The TT Devices that have a Western Europe Map on them will, by default, use a UK Postcode if the GPS thinks it's in the UK and the Netherlands if it thinks you are there.

If you are in any other Country you have to select the Postcode File you want to use.

Small comment - My own experience was that in UK, you only get to choose UK postcode as you've said, but anywhere else in Europe you get to choose only Netherlands (That's what I got last summer during my Grand Tour - I have a mate in Holland and I tested with his code). Either way, you're right, he needs to come to UK.

If it tastes good - it's fattening.

Two of them are obesiting!!
Oldboy
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Mar 22, 2007 7:40 am    Post subject: Re: GO910: Postcodes only in Netherlands? Reply with quote

DennisN wrote:
Oldboy wrote:

Small comment - My own experience was that in UK, you only get to choose UK postcode as you've said, but anywhere else in Europe you get to choose only Netherlands (That's what I got last summer during my Grand Tour - I have a mate in Holland and I tested with his code). Either way, you're right, he needs to come to UK.
Just tried it and if you're not in either of those 2 countries, it gives the choice of either country Postcodes. ;)

DennisN
Tired Old Man
Tired Old Man

PostPosted: Thu Mar 22, 2007 8:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ah, well, there have been a couple of software updates since my tour and on my 700, I always previously had the choice between both UK and Netherlands whilst in this country until they "improved" with a release. So presumably they've improved it again.

If it tastes good - it's fattening.

Two of them are obesiting!!

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Portable Navigation Devices All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: