Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - can't work out how to load POI's onto memory card i3
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

can't work out how to load POI's onto memory card i3

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Garmin Portable Navigation Devices
View previous topic :: View next topic  
kai666
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Nov 27, 2006 1:47 am    Post subject: can't work out how to load POI's onto memory card i3 Reply with quote

I'm sorry if this has been asked and answered, i have searched long and hard all over the forums for the answer and can't find it. I have put POI's on my i3 before, ages ago, now can't work out how to get the loader to recognise the memory card. There is no option that I can find to select the memory card.

please can someone tell me how to do it, it's driving me mad!!

thanks for any help
trevf
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Nov 27, 2006 2:05 am    Post subject: Re: can't work out how to load POI's onto memory card i3 Reply with quote

kai666 wrote:
I'm sorry if this has been asked and answered, i have searched long and hard all over the forums for the answer and can't find it. I have put POI's on my i3 before, ages ago, now can't work out how to get the loader to recognise the memory card. There is no option that I can find to select the memory card.

please can someone tell me how to do it, it's driving me mad!!

thanks for any help
The SD card needs to be connected directly to your PC when POI loader is started (ie not in the i3 but in a card reader)
kai666
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Nov 27, 2006 2:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The card is connected to the pc, not in the i3, but the poi loader just says it can't find any gps product, and then only offers the option to close the loader down. There is no option to choose the memory card
danny_leeuk2
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Nov 27, 2006 11:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I can get on 32,000 and no more
MaFt
Pocket GPS Staff
Pocket GPS Staff

PostPosted: Tue Nov 28, 2006 12:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

kai666 wrote:
The card is connected to the pc, not in the i3, but the poi loader just says it can't find any gps product, and then only offers the option to close the loader down. There is no option to choose the memory card

is the TF/SD card reader showing up in 'my computer'? if not then ou have a connection problem. if you CAN see it through my computer then you should be able to select it in the dropdown box in poi loader.

MaFt
missing_user

PostPosted: Tue Nov 28, 2006 1:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

In the POI loader software:-
2nd screen [having pressed NEXT]
You now select within DEVICE SETTING

Either within Find Device you will see your GPS unit listed [mine shows GPSmap 60CSx]

Or

Device In the drop down box are listed all your relevant drives [micro SD cards + SD cards]

Having selected your 'drive/SD card' press next.
Then using the 'Browse' button, select the downloaded and 'un-Zipped' database from your location on your PC.
kai666
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Nov 28, 2006 1:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

thanks for letting me know. The POI loader wasn't recognising my inbuilt card reader. I had to use my old external one. All loaded now, so happy!

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Garmin Portable Navigation Devices All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: