Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Navman 3000 won't scan for satelites
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Navman 3000 won't scan for satelites

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Software-Only Products
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Rod
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Dec 13, 2003 11:24 am    Post subject: Navman 3000 won't scan for satelites Reply with quote

After having used my iPAQ and Navman 3000 succesfully for a year, the system has now let me down.

I am using an iPAQ3850, Navman 3000 jacket and TomTom Navigator 2. I had to do a complete re-boot recently after the iPAQ battery ran right down, and I have now re-loaded all the software. The TomTom and GPS software are loaded into iPAQ memory, and the map of GB is loaded into a storage card. I have disabled receiving of IR under the system connection settings. As far as I can recall, all this is exactly as it was when the device worked fine.

It all seems OK, except that since re-leading the software the GPS status screen indicates that the device is not scanning for satelites. On the GPS tab (which shows the world map at the foot of the screen) I have selected "NAVMAN 3000" and beneath that "GPS Receiver" (that is the only option available with NAVMAN 3000); the box on the left is ticked.

(Incidentally, immediately above the world map there are two slider bars. One looks like a volume or mute selector, but what does the one on the left do?)

Can anyone please suggest why the device won't scan?
Darren
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Dec 13, 2003 11:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

As you're using TTNav2, did you install Navman's Serial Driver http://www.navman.com/land/serial_driver.html as this is not provided by TomTom and you need it?
Rod
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Dec 15, 2003 10:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great. It works fine now. Thanks very much. Smile

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Software-Only Products All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: