Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - tomtom one v1 versus v2
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

tomtom one v1 versus v2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Portable Navigation Devices
View previous topic :: View next topic  
tonygold
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Nov 13, 2006 7:30 pm    Post subject: tomtom one v1 versus v2 Reply with quote

currently own a v1 with w europe maps istalled from cd circa about 2003. am giving this to my daughter and have ordered a v2 europe.
are the europe maps better. my old map for instance only has i believe 86% coverage for spain??
are the uk maps more up to date. my current map version is:
great_britain_plus-map v571.0
app 6.150

worthwhile upgrade?? interested in your comments. apparently the new euro maps are seamless, but as i normally fly to my destination (usually spain) this is not a major concern.
thanks
tony.
LittleDuceCoupe
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Nov 13, 2006 9:05 pm    Post subject: New ONE. Reply with quote

I have just started using the new ONE Europe which I got from Dixons Web using their discount codes. I have previously been using TomTom 5 on my PPC with the Maps of Western Europe. I wanted these for my trips to Spain and although the Spanish seem to be building many new roads it was still very helpful in Costa Blanca and the island of Menorca. I have had a look at the maps on my new ONE Europe of Menorca and there are still new roads that are missing around Citudella. So I am not sure if the maps are an improvement or not. It's nice to have an all in one unit though!

Dave.

SAMSUNG Galaxy S8 - CoPilot Europe and Australia

Robin2
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Mon Nov 13, 2006 10:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

About a month ago I bought a TT1 v2 Europe to replace my PDA version of TT5. I'm not sure about Spain, but the NavTeq maps of Portugal are an enormous improvement over the last version. In the apartment complex on the Algarve where we stay, all the internal roads are shown. In TT5 the nearest road was 2 miles away!
I have checked an area of Majorca which I know well, and the TT1 maps are a great improvement.
Finally, in my home town of Swansea, TT5 had a number of errors (which were not present in TT3). These have all been corrected in the latest TT1, and some road changes which took place less than a year ago are in the new maps
Robin
Plus a lot of other PDA GPS kit, seldom used

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Portable Navigation Devices All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: