Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Evesham 6200 from Asda
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Evesham 6200 from Asda
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Other Hardware and Software
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Jan 03, 2007 12:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have noticed that the GPS meter on the navigation screen does not work with both TT6 and TT5 on the 6200. Anyone got any ideas?
wlambert
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Jan 05, 2007 4:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It Has been said that the software for the Nav-cam 7700 will work on the 6200. So I was wondering if anyone knows where I can get a copy of the USA 7700 software and how to copy it to the 6200.
wlambert
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Jan 07, 2007 11:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It Has been said that the software for the Nav-cam 7700 will work on the 6200. So I was wondering if anyone knows where I can get a copy of the USA 7700 software and how to copy it to the 6200.
ivelostmysatnav
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Jan 13, 2007 8:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ive had an evesham nav-cam 6200 since xmas and all has worked brilliantly... up until now that is.

Now when I switch the unit on and select navigation... the screen shows my current position but does not show any options like find address, all I can see is a map.

Does anyone have any ideas on how I can bring back my options?

btw.. I have tried a hard and soft reset
jpanamis
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Jan 22, 2007 4:33 am    Post subject: Hosed my 6200 Reply with quote

Has anyone ever hosed the registry and then been abble to successfully recover the device? The device's current state is it hangs at the splash screen, I was screwing around and deleted the welcome.exe from the init key within the registry -oops. Any tips would be greatly appreciated.

Regards, J.
ideefixe
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Jan 22, 2007 11:53 am    Post subject: Re: Hosed my 6200 Reply with quote

I also deleted welcome.exe and got a blank screen... I think if you hold down the suspend button while you slide the power switch from off to on it'll restore some registry settings. Instead of deleting welcome.exe, it's better to change it to load up explorer.exe

jpanamis wrote:
Has anyone ever hosed the registry and then been abble to successfully recover the device? The device's current state is it hangs at the splash screen, I was screwing around and deleted the welcome.exe from the init key within the registry -oops. Any tips would be greatly appreciated.

Regards, J.
jpanamis
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Jan 23, 2007 7:43 am    Post subject: no longer hosed Reply with quote

Solution worked perfectly. Thanks!

Regards,J.
monkeychild
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Jan 28, 2007 2:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi i'm new here. I have been given a 6200 and I am not too fussed about the smart2go so I am interested in installing the 7700 software. I cannot find any information regarding this on the net so could someone help me out??
Thanks in advance Smile
monkeychild
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Jan 30, 2007 3:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

How do you revert the 6200 back to it's original state? i.e so it loads smart2go when you press navigator??
CompufixUK
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Jan 30, 2007 4:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Use the backup cd you got with it. Make sure there is no SD card inserted and just run setup from the CD
mij160
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Feb 19, 2007 8:11 pm    Post subject: navcam 6200 Reply with quote

tried my navcam 6200 today whent about 6mls into the country and did not have any roads on the screen till i got to an A road.spoke to evesham said if not happy take it pack. inplied that aa navigator would go on has anyone tried this? Sad Sad
Tail0r
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Feb 20, 2007 1:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

00048641 wrote:
I have noticed that the GPS meter on the navigation screen does not work with both TT6 and TT5 on the 6200. Anyone got any ideas?

Two Ideas...
I have a similar Sony device and it has a power on/off button on the bottom, I have installed TomTom on this and at first didn't get any sat info.I have worked out that when the Sony Sat Nav app runs it sets up the GPS receiver with the settings it needs which doesn't include signal. If I switch it off for a few minutes and then run tomTom I get sat info until i run the Sony app again.
You could also try playing with Navigator from leadtek.com.tw (search for GPS) It allows you to control what is output from the GPS receiver. It sounds like the output is missing for that information. Unfortunately you cannot read what the GPS receiver is currently set to and so if you make it worse then there may be no going back.

May work for you too !
jim_1502
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Mar 28, 2007 2:01 am    Post subject: nav-cam 6200 Reply with quote

hi all new to this forun, but you guys look as if you know what your talking about, had nav-can 6200 unit since Nov 2006, had few issues with unit freezing, reloaded software on fron disk but eventually unit stopped working and got no metro area message, sent unit back to evesham, who sent unit back with software problems fixed, and in here lies the problem, as an area merchandiser i had loaded all stores visited, only to find out unit had been wiped and when i got unit back i couldn't reloaded these preferences back on, again e-mailed evesham, and e-mailed my preference flder down to them, only to be told software is corrupted and this is why it wont load on, and this is the reason i am turning to yourselfs for help, i really need these preference bookmarks fixed and loaded back on, as it took me the six months to load them on in first place, so be grateful if anyone can give me pointers to fix the corruption in preferences folder so i can load it back on, cheers jim
DumpsterSat
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Apr 07, 2007 10:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks to this thread, i now have TomTom6 working on the NavCam 6200 - thanks to everyone who contributed (it's not easy! Had to use the Microsoft Pocket PC Emulator).

Can anyone advise of a safe way to get rid of the start button and taskbar once the TomTom has loaded? It obscures the buttons across the bottom of the screen, leaving a very thin bit exposed, for tapping with a cocktail stick!

Also, could anyone here advise if I can modify the registry (and how to do it), so the system does not load up the usual welcome screen (navigator, mp3, setup etc), so turning the unit on would drop me straight into windows?

Thank you very much.
steven1xbox
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Apr 28, 2007 11:33 pm    Post subject: How can i run programs? Reply with quote

I downloaded many tcpmp programs from the net and i copy them to the navccam, dont have a sd card yet.

Every time i try to run a program like an .exe, it would say it is not a valid Windows CE application.

What do you do?

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Other Hardware and Software All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
Page 7 of 9

Jump to: