Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Evesham 6200 from Asda
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Evesham 6200 from Asda
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Other Hardware and Software
View previous topic :: View next topic  
MickAtHome
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Dec 06, 2006 9:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

shaneosborne wrote:
I accidently clicked autohide taskbar Sad Anyway of showing it again as I cannot find a way of changing it. When I click on Navigator after rebooting it shows no taskbar and does nothing!!

I have mine set to 'autohide taskbar' by default and have not had a problem. After a soft reset, pressing the Navigator icon displays a thin grey line at the bottom of the screen, press this and the taskbar re-appears.

If yours has reset back to running the inbuilt Navigator from the mainscreen icon I suggest you connect it to a PC and rename the file 'Mobilenavigator' to 'Mobilenavigatorold' and copy 'showtaskbar' across and rename it 'Mobilenavigator'. This should resurrect the task bar.

Mick
shaneosborne
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Dec 06, 2006 9:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tried that but I may of selected Hide Taskbar which seems to me what ive done.
MickAtHome
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Dec 06, 2006 10:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Shane

What happens when you press the Navigator icon on the front screen? Do the other icons work?

maybe you need to re-install the modified registry.

Mick
johnmcn
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Dec 07, 2006 1:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hope you dont mind me registering to post this reply :D

stupidly i managed to do the same thing as Shane..

setting the taskbar to autohide and hide causes you not to have access to explorer...

after a bit of searching i found the registry values but as you cant access the keyboard you cant change them Sad

what i did was type out the new values '0' into notepad and saved it as a .reg file...you then rename regedit to MobileNavigator and soft restart and then import the new values from your save point..renaming them back and a soft reset sorts out the mess..

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Shell\AutoHide]
"Default"=dword:0

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Shell\Ontop]
"Default"=dword:0
useamapinstead
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Dec 07, 2006 11:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have been advised by Asda that they are no longer accepting the Evesham Nav-Cam 6200 for replacement or refund.

They now have to go back to Evesham.

Also, I stupidly made the mistake of trying to put Tom Tom onto my 6200 and f***ed it up, only to be told by Evesham support that the use of 3rd party software is NOT covered by the warranty!!

So they wont repair or replace it for me...
shaneosborne
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Dec 07, 2006 2:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've just returned mine to ASDA with no box and no receipt and they offered me an exchange or a full refund onto a money card.

I took a new unit and ran Smile

You shouldn't have any problem in getting an exchange if thats what you require, just phone them first explain your unit has developed a fault and ask them to reserve you a unit back. Once it's agreed and reserved over the phone, it's yours to go an exchange. ASDA offer a 30 day no quible exchange or refund. Thats there policy and they cannot go back on it!!
useamapinstead
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Dec 07, 2006 4:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's interesting...

Did you tell them that you had caused the fault by trying to install unapproved software onto it..?
shaneosborne
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Dec 07, 2006 4:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What do you think, of course not. I just told them that it didn't run as it once did.

Ive read that the Nav-Cam 7700 is exactly the same unit as the 6200, so what I need is the Backup CD from a 7700 so I can install the AA Software and Mapping. Evesham said there shouldn't be a problem using the 7700 software.

So if anyone knows where I can get a 7700 Backup CD let me know.
shaneosborne
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Dec 07, 2006 5:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

[quote="shaneosborne"]What do you think, of course not. I just told them that it didn't run as it once did.

quote]

They never asked if I damaged the unit, they just asked what the problems were. Also can it be proven that I in fact was to blame in regards to the fault.

I used the Backup CD to recover the unit but although it installed correctly the duration to final destination was being recorded as 12:11 rather than 00:11. So, it was on that basis I returned it.
shaneosborne
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Dec 07, 2006 5:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

In fact there is one difference between the 6200 and the 7700 and that is that the 7700 supports activeSync. So im not sure if this is hardware related or Software. Maybe someone could answer that.
Garry83
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Dec 08, 2006 12:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Two things...

If your unit is genuinely faulty, Asda cannot refuse to refund/replace if it's within 28 days (actually, the law says a 'reasonable amount of time'). If it's over 28 days, Asda can offer a repair via Evesham, but they are STILL obliged to take the unit off you and get it repaired.

Secondly, I ran TomTom 6 on my 6200 for a few days and compared it with the low-end TomTom One. The 6200 crashed almost constantly, was very slow working out routes and the screen updates were extremely slow - about once every two seconds. The TomTom One is much much better. These are going for £150-£160 inc postage on eBay. I know it's a fair whack more, but if you actually include the cost of buying the TomTom software to install on your 6200 it's worth it, plus you get TomTom Traffic and all that.
shaneosborne
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Dec 09, 2006 9:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just read an email I received of Evesham yesterday, seems there going to introduce a TMC Cradle for the 6200 priced at around £29.99, seems cheap to me. But.. they did say around £29.99 so it could be anything upto £70
CompufixUK
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Dec 15, 2006 11:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ive just read a couple of posts in here regarding a "no metro area installed" message when you reload the software. This is easy to fix! Connect your unit to PC via usb, it goes into usb disk mode and displays 2 or 3 drives. Before reinstalling smart2go you will need to format both drives - one will be FAT and one FAT32. When reinstalling, make sure there is no SD card in the unit. Once done reinstall as normal. Anyone have any luck sourcing Euro maps for this device yet? I have a hunch that standard smart2go maps will run on it.
big_al_scot
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Dec 15, 2006 9:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi there been following this post for the past couple of week and found it very informative, thanks.

Just to let you know I bought one of these for my father and installed tom-tom 5. I have vigorously tested this and it works flawlessly for me. It hasn't crashed or hung once unlike it did with the smart2go software.

The only problem I had was setting up GPS with tom-tom I didn't know what to select. I finally found out I had to select - Other cable NMEA GPS - GPS baud rate 19200 - COM2: . These settings have worked perfectly for me.

So I’ve managed to turn my father’s £99 satnav into something worth £300 and he has Sean Connery telling him where to go. He is over the moon; now if only get Elvis Presley it would make his year.
albert_the_dog
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Dec 16, 2006 12:51 pm    Post subject: nav cam 6200 Reply with quote

hello
had to restore my 6200 after win ce critical error, now the trip time reads 12:00 instead of 00:00 any ideas on how to correct this ?

AtD

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Other Hardware and Software All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
Page 4 of 9

Jump to: