Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Evesham 6200 from Asda
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Evesham 6200 from Asda
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Other Hardware and Software
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Bales1983
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Nov 12, 2006 3:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I take it you have got to the point where you have replaced navigator with the regedit,

when you click navigator on the main screen it should show regedit andthe taskbar should be at the bottom of the screen, if not do the import, point to modified.reg then when its done reboot again with the soft reset button.

When it reboots you should still get the main screen but when you click the navigator button to start regedit the taskbar should show up as well

Lee
exbootneck
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Nov 14, 2006 12:24 pm    Post subject: £200 to burn? Reply with quote

hi if you've got money to spend why not try herewww.medionshop.co.uk
then select "refurbished stock" you'll find they're flogging medion 96800 for £99. i bought on back in april for £179. using this forums help, i was able to get into the windows ce programme and subsequently installed tomtom 5. it worked great in the UK and is working great here in australia.
changed
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Nov 15, 2006 11:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

am i kind of missing something here??? are you saying its possible to reset this unit and use the totmtom mapping on this unit, if so europe as well?

i am looking at the moment for a replacement for my go700 that some little low life lifted from my car a couple of weeks ago.. after loosing £450 from this i am looking for a cheaper alternative, i was going to go for the tomtom one but i do like the sound of this £99 asda idea. specially in the mapping works it would be ideal.
Roadrunner5553
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Nov 15, 2006 9:08 pm    Post subject: Evesham 6200 Reply with quote

Bought the Evesham 6200 today at Asda. Took it home turned it on and it found me within 2 minutes. That's where the good bit ended. Tried to do a search by address but it did not even display a country so would not let me go any further. Contacted Evesham Technology, who took me through the whole procedure, even formatting the hard drive and reloading software. All to no avail. The unit was missing the initial software somewhere. Took it back to Asda but all sold out so had to have a refund. Not exactly the best purchase I have ever made - 100 miles for the 2 trips to collect and deliver, and a WHOLE DAY wasted. I may as well have bought a £150 one - and I still havn't got a Sat Nav.
Roadrunner5553
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Nov 15, 2006 11:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey Guys and Gals.
I take it all back. I managed to find another one (my word they are selling fast). It was checked in the shop and found to be OK so I let it take me home. It took me right to the door without too many mistakes. The only ones it made was twice telling me to turn right then left on an open road without a turning for miles; but that is no fault of the unit, just the satellite. Now for the good bit. I live in Aylesbury - where roundabouts were invented and another is put in every 2 weks somewhere in the area. That SatNav brought me through 17 roundabouts without getting one wrong (and 2 of them have only been there 6 months). now that to me is impressive. It works firstly on 5 digit postcode, then you put the address in and it takes you to the door.
It has a nice british sounding female voice and picked every Gatso and Mobile site between Oxford and Aylesbury, even in the town area.
To sum up. For £99 you can't go wrong.
reefbloke
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Nov 16, 2006 4:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I purchased one at the beginning of the week,seemed very feature packed for the price.Took it out for a run and it was doing really well.Thats where the love affair ended.It crashed a few times over the day and got loads of instructions wrong.For one it told me there was a round about in a road i had lived in for 25 years and its never ever had a round about!If your going to use this unit once in a while then it should be fine,for every day navigation i think it would start to annoy which is a real shame as its a nice little unit .Ive got a tom tom one V2 now and it has been far more accurate (only tested today though)
shaneosborne
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Nov 17, 2006 12:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Is there in fact anyway to install TomTom Navigator on the Evesham Nav Cam 6200?

When entering a postcode and entering my house number it doesn't allow my house number and gives me only 1 house number to choose. Fuel Stations are way off and my nearest points of Interest are over 120 miles away. Strange that I live in Cornwall yet there are no POIs.

Hope someone can help in regards to installing TomTom Software on this device..
Bales1983
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Nov 17, 2006 10:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Have tried tomtom software, installs and runs ok, takes about 15 mins to find a satellite fix EVERYTIME, it holds ok and is acurate whilst stationary abut as soon as you set off it looses it and indicates you are flying off to the north everytime, Just dont think tom tom is compatible with the inbuilt GPS device, Ive since uninstalled the software and kept it as normal.

Lee
shaneosborne
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Nov 18, 2006 11:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Have you a guide on how to install TomTom as I may give it a try along with some other Software?

Also did you install TomTom Navigator 5?
Retty
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Nov 18, 2006 3:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Roadrunner5553 wrote:
Hey Guys and Gals.
I take it all back. I managed to find another one (my word they are selling fast). It was checked in the shop and found to be OK so I let it take me home. It took me right to the door without too many mistakes. The only ones it made was twice telling me to turn right then left on an open road without a turning for miles; but that is no fault of the unit, just the satellite. Now for the good bit. I live in Aylesbury - where roundabouts were invented and another is put in every 2 weks somewhere in the area. That SatNav brought me through 17 roundabouts without getting one wrong (and 2 of them have only been there 6 months). now that to me is impressive. It works firstly on 5 digit postcode, then you put the address in and it takes you to the door.
It has a nice british sounding female voice and picked every Gatso and Mobile site between Oxford and Aylesbury, even in the town area.
To sum up. For £99 you can't go wrong.

Mixed reviews then by the sounds of it. It seems as if at least some of the problems people are having are connected with faulty units/buggy software.

It's a shame that, despite some reports to the contrary, the unit doesn't support full 7/8 digit postcode searches.

Can anyone answer the question: does the unit support multiple via points?
shaneosborne
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Nov 19, 2006 3:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, Unit does support Multiple Waypoints (Stop Offs).
red55
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Nov 20, 2006 12:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mine has had to go back to asda for a refund as it constantly locked up and froze, also some of the routes it decided to take were very strange, doesnt seem to give any priority to A roads or motorways really. One bug I found whilst trying to navigate to the NEC Birmingham was the unit would crash trying to work a route out, does the same on a freinds also, navigate to the nec using the conference centre poi and it crashes,at least it does from north wales.
shaneosborne
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Nov 20, 2006 3:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Same here, whilst working out route from Cornwall, TR27 to NEC I get error "EXCEEDED SYSTEM RESORCES,TRY A SHORTER ROUTE".

If I knew a shorter route then there would be no need for this device!!!
shaneosborne
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Nov 20, 2006 4:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

shaneosborne wrote:
Same here, whilst working out route from Cornwall, TR27 to NEC I get error "EXCEEDED SYSTEM RESORCES,TRY A SHORTER ROUTE".

If I knew a shorter route then there would be no need for this device!!!

Seems as if the device is getting confused when it hits the Birmingham Ring Road. Have reported the problem to Evesham who also tested there units and experienced the same problem. They stated they will post information in regards to this on there website.
MickAtHome
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Nov 20, 2006 10:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bales1983 wrote:
Ok guys here goes,

Firsty, if this bricks your GPS im not responsible, there was a few times where i though id lost it but found a way around . most of the time a hard reset will cure niggles.

Lee

These are excellent little units. I have been using a Loox600 PDA with CompactFlash GPS and TomTom for a while now. The 6200 is much quicker to lock on!! I collected the 6200 from ASDA in Basingstoke, turned it on, found my home address (8 miles away) and it took me straight there. The PDA / TomTom was still trying to lock-on as I drove up my drive.

Thanks for the instructions. I have modded mine and it worked just like you said. I've added a couple of useful apps. Not tried installing TomTom yet.

The only bit I couldn't get to work was the menu bar at the bottom of the screen. It appears when I replace Navigator with regedit (or showtaskbar) but only appears briefly when Navigator is back in its correct place.

Any idea if there is a way of linking 'showtaskbar' to one of the 'normal' functions - like the info page or clock set page? Or are these functions all in ROM and therefore not editable.

Ideally I would like the NAV-CAM to work normally with the Task Bar only accessible through a sub-menu. Is it possible to intercept one of these commands?

PS someone on the forum was bemoaning the fact that the NavCam 6200 doesn't come with a mains charger - it charges just fine through the USB lead so doesn't need one!

Thanks

MickAtHome

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Other Hardware and Software All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
Page 2 of 9

Jump to: