Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Evesham 6200 from Asda
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Evesham 6200 from Asda
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Other Hardware and Software
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Bales1983
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Nov 11, 2006 6:15 pm    Post subject: Evesham 6200 from Asda Reply with quote

Hi Guys,

managed to get one of the Evesham £99 nav-cams from Asda, been fiddling with it moving various files and renaming etc,

Managed to get intp the ce desktop and to look at other bits and pieces on it, only thing is the windows folder is write protected?

Any way to change that?

Im trying to:

A) The main screen in normal uses is mainpage.exe locatd in windows folder. I just need this to not run on boot up, its not in the startup folder thogh so maybe in the registry?

where in the registry will it be so i can turn it off and then just run the sat nav ap from desktop as needed

thanks

Lee
WLMOATE
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Nov 11, 2006 8:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi

How did you get to the CE page?

Can you get active sync to work?

Wayne

MY-SOS, Benefon TWIG, DriveSmart, Wayfinder
itchy20
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Nov 11, 2006 9:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

By the Way - does not need Activesync as it is seen as a removable drive - makes it simple to drag and drop.

Hi All - I got one of these Evesham 6200 Sat navs.
Full UK maps, really cool 3D view, Great POI selection, speed camera alerts with free updates for 6 months, great GPS fix times for such a value product and it looks great and fits in my pocket - Get yourself one of these NOW for £99 this is just a perfect Xmas present.

By the Way - does not need Activesync as it is seen as a removable drive - makes it simple to drag and drop.
Bales1983
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Nov 11, 2006 10:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ill write a quick guide later, if i can remember how i did it,

ive taken some pictures and a small video now,

Modified the registry, set taskbar to start on boot up, instaleld a video player which doesnt work as the screen is smaller than the desktop with no way to adjust the size!

Mp3 player doesnt work unless the main screen program (mainscreen.exe) is running, and alos the sound button on top doesnt work either but volume can be adjusted via control panel in windows

Lee
Bales1983
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Nov 11, 2006 11:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok guys here goes,

Firsty, if this bricks your GPS im not responsible, there was a few times where i though id lost it but found a way around . most of the time a hard reset will cure niggles.

Ok here goes:

Connect the unit to the pc via usb, there is a folder which will show up as a removable disk.

navigate into a folder called 'MobileNavigator'

From there follow this guide: http://www.pocketgpsworld.com/modules.php?name=Forums&file=viewtopic&t=38306&highlight=

Written by a talented forum member.

The file names are slightly different for this system.

'2. Connect the UNIT to your PC via ActiveSync and click 'explore'

3. Unpack the zip file then copy 'regedit.exe' from the .zip file and paste it into your MobileNavigator folder on the UNIT then rename MobileNavigator.exe to Mobilenavigatorold.exe and rename regedit.exe to MobileNavigator.exe

4. Copy 'modified.reg' into the 'MobileNavigator' folder on the device Also copy showtaskbar.exe to this folder

5. Soft Reset your device by poking the little button on the bottom right of the device (not the little left right switch as thats hard reset) were talking the little button to the right of it.

6. When the unit reboots it will look normal. However if you click on navigator, up pops the regedit app and the taskbar appears down the bottom!

7. Click on file - import and point it to the modified.reg we put in the mobilenavigator folder (myflashdisk\mobilenavigator)

8. click start on the task bar - programs - windows explorer, navigate to the mobile navigator folder (myflashdisk\mobilenavigator) highlight the showtaskbar.exe, click edit - copy, then click back and go into the windows folder then start up click edit - paste, then we have a copy of show taskbar in the start up folder.

9. after this i downloaded an app called fasttaskplus, google for it.

I just put it on an SD card and plugged it in and browsed to the card on the device
This app lets you end tasks, th main screen on the unit is called mainscreen.exe, and it is by default set to remain infront of everything else, so after this is installed tell it to end that program,

From there its just various edits that most windows users should now how to do like making desktop shortcuts etc.

Now you need to soft reset again and you should see the main screen but with a taskbar below it!

You can click the second from right icon on taskbar to show the desktop, but if you clickthe mainscreen program you will need another soft reboot to get the taskbar back, hopefully mainscreen.exe shold hve been ended by this part of the guide so that shouldnt happen

This usnit never actually powers down, just sleeps when you press power button, if the battery runs totally flat i think it may revert to default factory state from the flash rom, so dont let that happen, ther isnt much to do anyway in windows ce in my opinion.

Lee
Bales1983
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Nov 11, 2006 11:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v217/Bales1983/P1000243.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v217/Bales1983/P1000242.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v217/Bales1983/P1000241.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v217/Bales1983/P1000240.jpg
adrianhaslett
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Nov 12, 2006 12:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've managed to mine allready on loading navigator it says no metro area installed i've tried using the cd supplied to reinstall everything but it's a no go,

Back to Asda tomorrow: That's not bad for me less than 1/2 a days use.
Bales1983
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Nov 12, 2006 1:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Where you following my guide??

What happens when you turn it on?

Lee
adrianhaslett
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Nov 12, 2006 1:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nothing to do with you my friend. Was not even follwing any guides. Put my TomTom SD Card into in and went to the POI section part and it freezed. After that constant error as explained. Used the software on the disk several times to no avail I did notice that I got at least 5 fail errors when you look at the deatils list when reinstalling.

All I gor to decide is whetjer to get my money back or get an exchange thsi all depends whether I will ecer be able to put Custom POI onto it like the Pocket GPS Database.
adrianhaslett
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Nov 12, 2006 1:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I wish they had an edit bit on these forums my spellings terrible !
Bales1983
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Nov 12, 2006 2:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Done a hard reset??

Flicking the little button in bottom right to the Right, then back to the left???

Lee
adrianhaslett
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Nov 12, 2006 10:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yep done all that several times.
alix776
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Nov 12, 2006 1:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

did you unlock the devic before putting the tomtomsd card in its likly the autorun in the 2577 foldr triggerd the unit to freeze

Oh the joys of being a courier.
device Lumia 950 xl
WLMOATE
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Nov 12, 2006 1:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello

I have copied the files to the relevant folders on the device, and can get it to launch Regedit but there is no taskbar. I have checked showtaskbar.exe is installed in the correct folder.

Any pointers?

Wayne

MY-SOS, Benefon TWIG, DriveSmart, Wayfinder
adrianhaslett
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Nov 12, 2006 3:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

alix776 wrote:
did you unlock the devic before putting the tomtomsd card in its likly the autorun in the 2577 foldr triggerd the unit to freeze
No did not unlock or do anything that was cracking/modifying in anyway.

I must say that for £99 it is a bargain if only we could get the pocketgps speedcams working it would be a1. Took it back know and gor money back i've got a £200 budget at moment and it's burning a hole in my pocket considering getting a tomtom one v2 but as wife said that would be a downgrade as I allraedy own a tomtom 500.

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Other Hardware and Software All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
Page 1 of 9

Jump to: