Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Live Services outside the UK
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Live Services outside the UK

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Portable Navigation Devices
View previous topic :: View next topic  
HenryMitchell
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Wed May 20, 2009 2:28 pm    Post subject: Live Services outside the UK Reply with quote

I just got this email from TomTom:

Dear ***

Driving out of your country? Help is on the way!, Your device will be able to receive TomTom LIVE Services in other LIVE countries*. For no extra cost!

What should you do? Nothing much…

From the end of this year your device will be able to receive LIVE Services in The Netherlands, Germany, France and Switzerland as well as in your own country. And soon more countries will go LIVE!

Enjoy driving LIVE even when you cross borders!

All the best,
The TomTom-Team

*For exact details about which countries and the coverage of the services per country please visit www.tomtom.com/live. Fair use policy applies, check the renewed terms & conditions.

It sounds like they do listen sometimes!
Map: Europe v920.5244 (11/2013)
HenryMitchell
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Wed May 20, 2009 2:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Interestingly though, if you follow the link for more information you get a message that says your device can only be used in the country it was bought in.
Map: Europe v920.5244 (11/2013)
Flashyphotos
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Wed May 20, 2009 2:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yep just got this as well

Says from end of 09! So still over 6 months away, but even so thats a great addition,

I just renewed for a year to get the reduced price and this comes as a real bonus, I will only use the out of country service once or twice a month but still better than no service or paying extra fees.

For once I can say

GREAT MOVE TOMTOM
PaulB2005
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Wed May 20, 2009 2:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Click on the Go Live Abroad at the top right and you get more info including....

Quote:
You will be able to receive LIVE Services across the UK, France, Germany, the Netherlands and Switzerland. Coverage differs per country - the image below shows you exactly what you will receive in each country.

From this page
Darren
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Wed May 20, 2009 4:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

As stated in my XL LIVE Post and discussed in that same thread.
falkirk81
Pocket GPS Verifier
Pocket GPS Verifier

PostPosted: Wed May 20, 2009 4:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just got my email too Smile Shame my LIVE services don't work at the mo! Evil or Very Mad

iPhone 12
Seamaster
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Thu May 21, 2009 9:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is excellent news, and well done TT on negotiating roaming agreements etc that have resulted in no additional charges for existing subscribers.

Holland and France will be very useful to me. Belgium is a notable omission, though.
JockTamsonsBairn
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Sat May 23, 2009 12:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm disappointed that Ireland isn't included! Even the base models come with UK & RoI maps! Can any Irish readers comment on the RDS-TMC service in Ireland?

TomTom Go 940 LIVE (9.510, Europe v915.5074 on SD & 8.371, WCE v875.3613 on board)
Darren
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Sat May 23, 2009 3:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

LIVE has little to do with the availability of TMC though, more likely an issue with getting a network to provide the service?
JockTamsonsBairn
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Tue May 26, 2009 11:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Darren wrote:
LIVE has little to do with the availability of TMC though, more likely an issue with getting a network to provide the service?
Yes, understood. What I meant (I shouldn't write in shorthand that only I understand!) was
JockTamsonsBairn wrote:
I'm disappointed that Ireland isn't included! Even the base models come with UK & RoI maps!

At the moment I am spending a large amount of my working life in Ireland and the Live Service cuts out as soon as I cross the border from the North. Given that it looks like the only available traffic option for the TT940 would be to get the TMC mount, Can any Irish readers comment on the RDS-TMC service in Ireland? Would the TMC mount be worth the investment? At the moment the main areas are Dublin, Cork/Bantry and Castlebar, Co Mayo, and travel in between.

TomTom Go 940 LIVE (9.510, Europe v915.5074 on SD & 8.371, WCE v875.3613 on board)
JockTamsonsBairn
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Sat Jun 06, 2009 1:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

JockTamsonsBairn wrote:
I'm disappointed that Ireland isn't included! Even the base models come with UK & RoI maps!

At the moment I am spending a large amount of my working life in Ireland and the Live Service cuts out as soon as I cross the border from the North. Given that it looks like the only available traffic option for the TT940 would be to get the TMC mount, Can any Irish readers comment on the RDS-TMC service in Ireland? Would the TMC mount be worth the investment?
In case it of use to anyone:
I spoke to chap in PC World, Swords, yesterday, who was a TT user and had recently had sales training from them. He confirmed that the Live models are not available in Ireland and that he had no idea if/when they might become available, so that means that the new "UK+abroad" definitely won't cover Ireland. He was also able to confirm that there was no RDS-TMC service available in Ireland - so that is out of the window too! HE said " This is Ireland, what do you expect?" so this is probably not a TT issue.

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Portable Navigation Devices All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: