Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Problems with TomTom, Holux GPSlim 236 and Orange M3100
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Problems with TomTom, Holux GPSlim 236 and Orange M3100

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Software-Only Products
View previous topic :: View next topic  
nickb23
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Sep 05, 2006 11:06 am    Post subject: Problems with TomTom, Holux GPSlim 236 and Orange M3100 Reply with quote

Hi all,

I have just got an Orange M3100, which I am upgrading from a Qtek S110. I have the latest TomTom 5 which worked wonderfully with my Qtek S110, and I had no problems with partnering my Holux GPSlim 236. It worked great.
No that I have got my M3100, TomTom turned out to be a bit of a chore to install. It did not install from the autostart, and I had to install the cab files individually. So I have it on there now. I then went to Partner the GPSlim with the phone. It was fine, and I put in 0000, and then it asked me to "select services to use from this device". The only option that comes up is "serial Port". I thought I would leave this for the moment. I then went into to TomTom to configure the GPslim. I go to the specify GPS hardware, click on Other Bluetooth GPS, and am hen given the following options:
Com 3
Com 7
RIL on Com 6
S2410 IRDA

I am sure I have tried every option of these, with and without Serial Port ticked. It just does not want to work.
Anyone know what I am doing wrong?

I also did a quick speed test of both the S110 and the M3100 using advanced planning from London City Centre to Liverpool City Centre. Here are the results:

S110: 15 seconds
M3100: 31 seconds

Now this to me seems very very odd. I thought that the m3100 would be the same if not a bit quicker. Not twice as slow!!! Could this be down to the fact it is running on windows mobile 5? The memory card in the m3100 is a sandisk micro sd, and the one in the s110 is a ebuyer budget one

thanks all
ketekangax
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Sep 05, 2006 8:00 pm    Post subject: Try this Reply with quote

Hi.

I've got a Holux GPSlim 236 and Tomtom Navigator 5.

Try selecting Other NMEA GPS, speed 19200, and "Bluetooth Serial Port on COM n". In my particular case, I can choose between COM 5 and COM 8, and I don't really know which one I chose. Anyway, one of those two should work.

Hope this helps.

Bye.
davast
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Tue Sep 05, 2006 9:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

nickb23 - try this link http://www.4winmobile.com/vario-2-bluetooth-why-is-it-so-infuriating-vt3258.html

you do need to make your device "discoverable" and select "serial port", then set to comm 0.

I have an mda vario2, the t-mobile version. If you follow the instructions it should work.
alix776
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Sep 05, 2006 9:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

go to the bt manager on the device and go to the the comports tab then select the gps now select new outgoing comport. select either com 4 or com8 then finish

close the coms manager and now start tomtom select other bt gps and you now be able to select either com 4 or com8 which ever on you put the gps to

use other bt gps is you have 5.21

Oh the joys of being a courier.
device Lumia 950 xl
ichilton
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Nov 14, 2006 10:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi,

Please could you confirm you have TomTom Navigator 5 running on the M3100?

I tried it on one last night and it crashed out of the install.

What did you do to get it working?

Thanks

Ian

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Software-Only Products All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: