Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - N20/520 SD Cards
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

N20/520 SD Cards

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Mio Navman Portable Navigation Devices
View previous topic :: View next topic  
themeldrews
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Feb 28, 2007 2:12 pm    Post subject: N20/520 SD Cards Reply with quote

If i swap my sd cards from my 520 to my N20 can i do so without deleting the POI's first.
I have a 512mb and 1 gb card already loaded with POI's will these transfer to the new device or give it a nervous breakdown.?

Terry
DRP
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Feb 28, 2007 5:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi
Not being one that uses POI’s, I would have thought that as long as the file format was the same for both units I would not have thought there would be a problem.
The last camera data base I downloaded was a year ago when they were free on this wed site.
Call me a Sunday afternoon driver if you like, but I have conditioned myself to drive within the speed limits. As I live in Gwent which is one of the top counties for speed camera monitoring, in the UK. It was either slow down or loose my licence, as I am on the road with my job, averaging about 70,000 miles per annum, I did not think I had a choice.
Sorry to babble on.
Regards
DRP

Mio M400 WEU, N60I, T1, 2x B2, iCN 510 & lots more
Gee-Pee
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Thu Mar 01, 2007 8:33 am    Post subject: Re: N20/520 SD Cards Reply with quote

themeldrews wrote:
If i swap my sd cards from my 520 to my N20 can i do so without deleting the POI's first.
I have a 512mb and 1 gb card already loaded with POI's will these transfer to the new device or give it a nervous breakdown.?

Terry
If we are talking only about the PGPSW downloaded POIs, then I don't see any reason not to try swapping the cards. They may or may not work.
However, both units use a different SmartST version of software and I do not think any mapping on the old unit cards will work on the new N20.
If you do not want to risk mental collapse on the N20, and it's such a simple job to download the current POIs and load them on the new unit, then don't do it. The file sizes are such that you can put them on the internal memory of the N20 without making much difference to the memory size, so you dont need the SD cards specifically for that reason. You will need them if you want to load extra mapping. Remember also, that you already have the Navman pre-installed POIs on the N20 Wink
Graham
themeldrews
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Mar 01, 2007 8:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the advice.I have SD cards with Speedcams UK and France loaded together with camping/caravan sites that i use with my 520 for holidays .
I was thinking of just deleting the old maps and installing the 2006 versions to use on the N20 but keeping the other POI's.On second thoughts I dont think i will risk giving it a headache.

Terry

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Mio Navman Portable Navigation Devices All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: