Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - TTN5 Valid Activation Code Rejected on PPC
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

TTN5 Valid Activation Code Rejected on PPC

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Software-Only Products
View previous topic :: View next topic  
jbn
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Oct 26, 2006 1:04 pm    Post subject: TTN5 Valid Activation Code Rejected on PPC Reply with quote

Hi,
I have been running TTN5 happily for over a year without incident. Using Activesync backups and now SPB Backup I have on several occasions hard reset my Vodafone V1620 (HTC Blue Angel) and restored without any problems for TT activation.

Yesterday Vodafone delivered my second replacement V1620 in three weeks. I restored a backup and found that TT is now requesting an activation code, which did not happen three weeks ago. Lo and behold this time the device ID in TomTom has changed. Whilst I cannot find any reason why this would happen - the ROM version is unchanged - I finally went to ttcode.com this morning and obtained a new activation code. All well and good, but TTN5 won't accept it.

I have e-mailed TomTom support, and in the meantime does anyone have any advice please?

many thanks,
Jonathan
philpugh
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Thu Oct 26, 2006 3:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I believe there is a 'restriction' in TomTom that is in place to stop you installing it on a number of different devices. It goes along the line that you install it once and unlock it on the ttcode site. After 6 months you can install it on another device (diff h/w code) and get another activation code form ttcode. After this I seem to recall it may be 12 months before you can do it again. I may have got the details (time periods wrong) but I'm sure that the basics are correct.

You seem to have fallen foul of this and it may require co-operation between your phone supplier and TomTom support to resolve this - which could prove interesting. :D
Border_Collie
Pocket GPS Verifier
Pocket GPS Verifier

PostPosted: Thu Oct 26, 2006 4:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

First reactivation after 14 days and then every six months.

Give them a ring and explain the situation.

TomTom Navigator support number is 08451610009
Greenglide
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Thu Oct 26, 2006 6:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Surely the limitation on registrations is done by the TTCODE web site. Since it has given you a code is should work.

The code is for the correct version on the correct platform? TTCODE will store the codes for you in your TT account - are you absolutely, 100% certain that the code input was the same as supplied by TTCODE and the device code was correct.

If you make a mistake in inputting the device code presumably it will give you an activation code which will be unusable.
Border_Collie
Pocket GPS Verifier
Pocket GPS Verifier

PostPosted: Thu Oct 26, 2006 6:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Yesterday Vodafone delivered my second replacement V1620 in three weeks. I restored a backup and found that TT is now requesting an activation code, which did not happen three weeks ago.

Quote:
TTCODE will store the codes for you in your TT account

Maps activated to Device 1. Activated again on Device 2. Now on 3rd Device so cannot be reactivated until 6 months after last activation was carried out.
Border_Collie
Pocket GPS Verifier
Pocket GPS Verifier

PostPosted: Thu Oct 26, 2006 6:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
in inputting the device code

No, you only have to input the Code which came with your software.
jbn
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Oct 26, 2006 6:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Guys, thanks for the feedback.

For the avoidance of any confusion:
1) First activated on device 1.
2) Device 1 hard reset and restored on numerous occasions without a problem.
3) Device 2 replaced device 1; restored onto device 2 without need for reactivation, all codes remained constant.
4) Device 3 replaced device 2; restored onto device 3, and now the device id changed. I have reflashed device 3 with exactly the same firmware as device 1 (what it was supplied with anyway), and I have tested hard reset and restores from device 1 and device 2. Not fallen foul of the limits on activation codes. I received a valid code from ttcode and have been very careful to enter it as written.

Just to further confuse matters, as I have both the US and Western Europe map sets I have followed the process for US maps and the resulting activation code works fine. Go figure!!

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Software-Only Products All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: