Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
SurfShark VPN
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Where can I get the TomTom charger seperately?
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Where can I get the TomTom charger seperately?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Software-Only Products
View previous topic :: View next topic  
MarkHewitt
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Oct 24, 2006 9:40 am    Post subject: Where can I get the TomTom charger seperately? Reply with quote

From the TomTom website this is part of the package which includes the TomTom Navigator 6 software + BT receiver.

It says:
12-24V cigarette lighter adaptor that can also be used in trucks. So you can charge your GPS receiver even as you drive. Also includes plugs for the most popular PDA’s and mobile phones.

This sounds brilliant as I'm forever having to swap over the cables to charge my phone vs charging my GPS. Actually I already have a TomTom charger so all I really need is the adapter for the end, but I somehow doubt TomTom are selling these seperately?

Is it possible just to buy the charger and adapters? It only seems to appear as part of the Navigator 6 package.[/img]
markblades
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Oct 24, 2006 12:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi:

Not sure if It's the same charger but I bought a replancement for my TT bluetooth GPS mouse charger direct from TT for about £15.

Also, if you want a mains charger for the BT mouse and own an IPAQ 4700, the charger works fine.

regards

MArk
MarkHewitt
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Oct 24, 2006 12:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

markblades wrote:
Hi:

Not sure if It's the same charger but I bought a replancement for my TT bluetooth GPS mouse charger direct from TT for about £15.

Also, if you want a mains charger for the BT mouse and own an IPAQ 4700, the charger works fine.

regards

MArk

Thanks, but I have the TT charger already, what I want is the adapters to make it work with my new Nokia phone. I'm prepared to buy a new charger just to get the adapter if needed.
bedbug
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Oct 24, 2006 5:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

As an alternative, I cannot recommend The SynCH highly enough. I use the system to charge stereo bluetooth headphones, bluetooth headset, My TomTom Bluetooth receiver, my Treo 650 and my iPod at home, in the car and from my laptop, and carry only one cable! I've travelled with it to over 15 countries, and it's never let me down.

Until now, I've had to purchase through the American website here and the support and service I have received from them has been the best I have EVER received (which is why I'm often so disgusted by TomTom's standards - it CAN be done well). I'll earn nothing from raving about this, but I feel duty bound after the exceptional treatment I've received from this company. They're constantly evolving and developing new options and really are an exciting company, now with a UK outlet (my first link). Hope this proves as helpful to others as it has to me!
MarkHewitt
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Oct 25, 2006 8:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Looks fancy. But all I really want is an adapter which probably only costs about 50p

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Software-Only Products All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: