Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Editing maps/reporting errors
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Editing maps/reporting errors

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Software-Only Products
View previous topic :: View next topic  
markmcrobie
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Oct 16, 2006 4:40 pm    Post subject: Editing maps/reporting errors Reply with quote

Has anyone found an application that can open your map file and allow you to edit it? For example I've found 2 roundabouts in real life that in TT6 that are just shown as right turns - I've reported it to TeleAtlas, but I wondered if there was a way of editing the map/data myself?

Also does anyone know how long it takes TeleAtlas to a) get back to you acknowledging your input and b) implement your change?

And can anyone find release notes/version histories for maps, so we can see what's changed? For example when I installed TT6.010 it had GB map 650.1111. Now I see there's a 650.1128 out there, and I wonder what's changed.

Thanks
lbendlin
Pocket GPS Staff
Pocket GPS Staff

PostPosted: Mon Oct 16, 2006 6:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

They will not allow you to edit the maps. It's against their business model.

a) a week
b) roughly two years

There are thousands of changes per map version, and a release version history makes little sense.

Report Map Errors here:
TomTom/TeleAtlas NAVTEQ
Skippy
Pocket GPS Verifier
Pocket GPS Verifier

PostPosted: Mon Oct 16, 2006 10:40 pm    Post subject: Re: Editing maps/reporting errors Reply with quote

markmcrobie wrote:
I've found 2 roundabouts in real life that in TT6 that are just shown as right turns

What sort are they? Were you aware that mini roundabouts (painted only, no island) are shown as normal intersections...
markmcrobie
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Oct 16, 2006 11:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

These are full size, proper roundabouts.

And I reported errors over a month ago and I've had nothing back from them - I did supply my e-mail addy at the time
Bazzer
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Oct 17, 2006 1:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I doubt that Tele-Atlas take any notice whatsoever of individuals reporting map errors. Crying or Very sad which is a pity, because in users such as ourselves, they have a completely free resource for improving the accuracy of their maps.

For all the errors that I've reported, I have not had one single email acknowledgment of my report.

Has anybody EVER had confirmation that an error they have reported has directly resulted in a change in the map data ?

I'm more inclined to believe that they would only use the regular updates that they receive from whichever UK mapping agency they use (Ordnance Survey ?), and that reporting map errors is a complete waste of time.

Baz
Garmin Montana 650
Garmin Oregon 45oT
Garmin Edge 1000
Tracklogs Digital Mapping

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Software-Only Products All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: