Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - New way to do custom POI warnings in TomTom 5 & 6
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

New way to do custom POI warnings in TomTom 5 & 6
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 27, 28, 29 ... 33, 34, 35  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> PocketGPSWorld Speed Camera Database
View previous topic :: View next topic  
jonnybentwood
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Jun 21, 2007 2:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi

As a newbie to the forums as well can I thank you for making the camera locatins so easily available.

However, please can you let me know whether it is possible to have voice alerts for the Tomtom One as oppose to sounds. If so, how is this done as I am getting confused with the multitude of posts on this topic.

Many thanks
Andy_P
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Jun 21, 2007 5:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes you can.
Go to

this page and choose a set that takes your fancy. Smile

It *IS* really hard to wade through all the different places... I've just posted this using a different computer (without all my bookmarks) and even I found it hard to re-find that page I've just linked to, and I wrote it!!

We STILL could really do with a moderator or admin to edit the very first post in this thread, people are still being sent round the houses and being told they'll have to re-name lots of files, when it's all been done for them now.
Keefer147
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Jun 25, 2007 6:14 am    Post subject: Visiting England from Canada - .ogg question Reply with quote

Sorry if this post appears elsewhere, but...

I've installed the Single File POI on my Ipaq 4700 with TT v5 and can see cameras OK. Have set warn distance etc.

Question is...what .ogg file applies to the single file POI? Is there one that simply says "Speed Camera ahead". I've downloaded full set of Liz Whitaker from Ray's site, but not sure what to use for the single file.

Is single file option good enough btw? Or should I grab the whole lot and get the corresponding ogg files?

Thanks very much in advance!
mikealder
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Jun 25, 2007 6:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Welcome to the forum, why not visit This Page where you will find a selection of ogg voice files that are ready to use (including the Liz files), also each set is correctly named to work with its coresponding POI file set - much easier to use - Mike
Andy_P
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Jun 25, 2007 9:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

A for your question of which actual version of the database to use....
The single file is quite good to start with as it is quick and easy to install and set up. You'll soon find it annoying that you are continually getting alerts for possible mobile sites (99% of which won't be in use at the time), but YOU WON'T KNOW IT'S A MOBILE SITE! because the icon and sound/voice is the same for everything, so you'll think the database is wrong.

Once you have got the hang of it, I'd move onto the full-speed-zoned version. It's basically the same process, just repeated over and over. Once you have copied all the files (same idea - an .ov2, a .bmp and an .ogg but for every speed and type combination) you then have to go through the warn when near setup over and over again for each one, but at least you only have to do it once. When you update the database next month, you just overwrite the ov2 files, everything else can stay the same and all your distance and sound settings are remembered.
opel
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Jun 29, 2007 2:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you haven't planned in a route,

i.e. your driving over to a mates place which you've been to a dozen times and know the way but can't remember the road name or even the house number - you just know where it is,

then you can't program in a route.

TT will still then Alarm you to any POI's as you drive along.

Computer Support and Computer Services for Berkshire and Surrey.
www.pool-king.com
Andy_P
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Jun 29, 2007 5:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Erm... If you know the way so well, don't you also know where the cameras are?
Or you could always learn the address! Wink
Denzelpup
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Jul 12, 2007 7:02 pm    Post subject: ttk sound problems Reply with quote

running TT6 on Ipaq hx2790 have copied the camera data base over and no problem there, have copied over the ogg files to the correct directory, and the data chk file and re assigned the cameras with sound but it still dont work and when you re assign the voices you still get the image of the bells, etc asking which sound you want. please Hellllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllp
Oldboy
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Jul 12, 2007 8:46 pm    Post subject: Re: ttk sound problems Reply with quote

Denzelpup wrote:
... have copied over the ogg files to the correct directory,
The same place as the OV2 Files?

Denzelpup wrote:
and the data chk file
If you are using the OGG Files you don't need to change the data.chk File. Confused

Denzelpup wrote:
and re assigned the cameras with sound but it still dont work and when you re assign the voices you still get the image of the bells, etc asking which sound you want. please Hellllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllp
If you are still being asked which sound you want, it means the OGG Files are either in the wrong place, or they are named wrong.

TT 910 V7.903: Europe Map v1045
TT Via 135 App 12.075: Europe Map v1120
Andy_P
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Jul 12, 2007 9:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Did you get them from THIS PAGE?

If you did, it's just a matter of choosing a set and copying the individual files (after un-zipping) into your map folder.

If you didn't, then the least you will have to do is make enough copies to cover all the camera types and then rename them all to exactly match the names of the camera files (but with an .ogg extenson instead of an .ov2).
Denzelpup
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Jul 13, 2007 11:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

yep have done all that and changed the data chk file back to original one and it still wont work
Denzelpup
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Jul 13, 2007 11:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

a thought has just occured, I have my tom tom 6 installed direct onto my sd card and Not onto ipaq memory would that make a difference?
MKontic
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Jul 13, 2007 1:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Only just seen this post about making your own warning files. Cool!

I decided to create my own files, and although it sort-of works, I do have a little problem. This is what I did...

I created a .wav file using a text-to-speech app to say "Warning, gatso". I then converted it to a .ogg file and copied it to my PPC, correctly named for an ordinary GATSO and in the correct folder. I then deleted the existing warning and then added the new one. To test it I set a route and ran the route demo. As it approached the camera, all it said was "Warning". A little bemused, I went through the whole process again, but this time I only got it to say "Warning gatso" - no comma so no pause between the words. However, when running the route demo it only said "Warning ga". When I tried it a third time with "gatso", all I got was "gats"

I get the impression that there is a time limit for spoken warnings. Has anyone else experienced this? Or is this maybe just a feature of the route demo? I started looking through all the posts in this thread, but with there being 28 pages I soon gave up.

Any help would be appreciated.
Andy_P
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Jul 13, 2007 1:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

There probably is a limit, but it should be much longer than that!
Some of the ready made ones on the OGG files page say something along the lines of "Bing-bong.. Warning, Gatso ahead, thirty miles per hour" so yours should be fine for length.
Incidentally, there might be one that suits you on that page anyway. One of the single-file version ones might be what you need.

Otherwise, check that your .ogg files are mono and 22050Hz sample rate and when you run your demo, keep the speed at 200% or less.
Denzelpup
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Jul 13, 2007 2:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

finally have managed to get it to work , eventually had to un install TT altogether reinstall and then copy all files across and it works fine.
thanks all for ya patience

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> PocketGPSWorld Speed Camera Database All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 27, 28, 29 ... 33, 34, 35  Next
Page 28 of 35

Jump to: