Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - New way to do custom POI warnings in TomTom 5 & 6
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

New way to do custom POI warnings in TomTom 5 & 6
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 25, 26, 27 ... 33, 34, 35  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> PocketGPSWorld Speed Camera Database
View previous topic :: View next topic  
smudge49
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Mar 20, 2007 3:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am sure the answer to my query is somewhere in this thread but I cannot find it.

I have installed the ogg files and they worked perfectly 1st time giving voice warning to approaching speed camera. BUT the original Tom Tom warning still sounds as well.

How do I get TT5 on my IPAQ to give give me just the verbal warning?
Oldboy
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Mar 20, 2007 4:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

smudge49 wrote:
I have installed the ogg files and they worked perfectly 1st time giving voice warning to approaching speed camera. BUT the original Tom Tom warning still sounds as well.

How do I get TT5 on my IPAQ to give give me just the verbal warning?
It's quite possible you have 2 different sets of Files, each with their own Warning. Confused

With Warn When Near, you can only have one Warning for each OV2. Either one, or the other. Smile

TT 910 V7.903: Europe Map v1045
TT Via 135 App 12.075: Europe Map v1120
Privateer
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Mar 20, 2007 4:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi smudge49,

Welcome to the forum! Thumbs Up

smudge49 wrote:
BUT the original Tom Tom warning still sounds as well.

Do you have two sets of database installed, i.e. both the PocketGPSWorld one and the TomTom one? If so, deactivate the TomTom Camera database as it's not as good as ours! ;)

Do you have multiple camera databases installed (24 speed zoned plus the consolidated by type ones)?

Regards,
Garmin Camper 770 LMT-D
smudge49
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Mar 20, 2007 9:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Laughing
Thanks both for your help, there was duplicate stuff, now deleted and it works great, thanks again for speedy reponse
ckleanth
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Apr 19, 2007 10:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Because you can use the POI's warning (when you approach a speed camera, tesco's whatever) even if you don't have a route in your route planer software
Andy_P
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Apr 19, 2007 9:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Erm... Hi ckleanth, welcome to the forum. Bit confufed though, was that a question? or a comment about another post? It didn't seem to 'follow on' from anything said in this thread Sad
pete1312
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Apr 30, 2007 1:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have carefully read through all 26 pages of this thread and can only assume that this method still does not work for TT Mobile 5. Can anyone please confirm or deny this? Thanks
mikealder
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Apr 30, 2007 7:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pete, Welcome to the forum, you cannot use the ogg file method on TT Mobile 5 it just won't work. You can still have spoken alerts though by using the older method of swapping out the data.chk file for a modified one, you can read the instructions Here make sure you get the correct version number to match your software - Mike
pete1312
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Apr 30, 2007 11:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the answer Mike, and for the welcome. I previously used the data.chk method but have just got a replacement phone as my original was stolen, and was hoping this new method would be compatible. I'm now back up and running using the old method. Its a pity, as the new ogg voices sound great.
dytham
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sun May 13, 2007 8:58 pm    Post subject: Filenames Reply with quote

Deleted (answered already).

Sorry - being lazy.
feival
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sat May 26, 2007 12:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

mikealder wrote:
22050Hz is the sample frequency for your device the lower 16000Hz sample rate is for mobile (smart) phone devices, i.e. the ones without a touch screen - Mike
I have a Nokia N95 and installed all of these files onto it and it worked pretty much first time. I installed the 22050Hz files without any issues at all so I am not sure the statement above is always correct? By the way, this is fantastic. I did try a friend's Noikia N95 with Copilot but it isn't a patch on the Tomtom.
mikealder
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Sat May 26, 2007 7:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am not too sure that my statement about sample rate is applicable when using version 6 software. It certainly is applicable for the Mobile 5 version of the software.

Glad to hear you got it all working and are happy with the results -
Welcome to the forum by the way - Mike
feival
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sat May 26, 2007 8:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the pleasant welcome. I do have one more question.... I like good notice before a camera so I have set my alerts for 15 seconds. However, I would also like a second alert of just a short ping a couple of seconds before the actual camera. Is there a way of setting up two alert for one POI or should I instead import the full GPS camera database and the single list and associate the single list with the ping alarm. Will that mean each camera is displayed twice on my tomtom - not the end of the world but a minor irritation.
mikealder
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Sat May 26, 2007 9:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You can install either the consolidated by type or single file download, set a different warning sound for each file at a lesser value for the distance.

The downside to this is that it can mess up the icons displayed on screen, small price to pay but there is another way to do this:

You already have the speed zoned database, each POI comprises of a .bmp and .ov2 file simply rename each file on the PC before copying across to the device so:

pocketgps_uk_gatso_30.bmp
pocketgps_uk_gatso_30.ov2

would become:

pocketgps_uk_gatso_30_a.bmp
pocketgps_uk_gatso_30_a.ov2

You will need to do this to each file, so its a little more than a 5 min task.

This way will preserve the icons when displayed on the screen but it does consume quite a number of your available custom POI allocations (don't go over 100 ov2 files in a single map folder)

For distances relative to time in seconds have a look at the conversion chart towards the end of This Guide - Mike
feival
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sun May 27, 2007 12:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Mike. That makes sense and I thought I saw that somewhere in the 26 pages on this thread but couldn't find it - it rings a bell so thanks for making the effort to post it twice Smile I am sure I recall someone mentioning file renaming software on this thread and it must be linked to this particular task!

Presumably with this method the pocketgps_uk_gatso_30.bmp and
pocketgps_uk_gatso_30_a.bmp are both displayed but one sat directly on top of the other hence not having a visible effect? Or is it that you can select to alert both POIs but only display one?

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> PocketGPSWorld Speed Camera Database All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 25, 26, 27 ... 33, 34, 35  Next
Page 26 of 35

Jump to: