Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Sound Files on Navman iCN 530
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Sound Files on Navman iCN 530

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Mio Navman Portable Navigation Devices
View previous topic :: View next topic  
mikehann
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Oct 15, 2006 8:55 pm    Post subject: Sound Files on Navman iCN 530 Reply with quote

For the second time (the unit was replaced as the supplier didn't understand the problem the first time) I have lost my sound files on the iCN 530. Caused by the SmartST Desktop trying to update the software on my Navman and in the process deleting the sound files.

Does any kind soul out there know how I can reload the files and where I can get the UK English ones from? Navman site is next to useless in this respect.

Mike
Stanley_Tweedle
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Oct 15, 2006 9:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Can't give you the exact details but this is how I reloaded the 530.
Try it at your own risk!

Unistall Smart ST desktop from the PC (it seems if you don't do this the old data will keep getting re-loaded, then delete everything on the 530 that looks related to Navman.
Then re-install Smart ST desktop from scratch onto the PC and it should also reload the 530.
At some point when i did this I was asked for the registration code for the maps but none of the codes I had worked. So I eventually selected the option the retrieve existing registration from Navman and Bingo; it worked.
mikehann
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Oct 16, 2006 7:13 pm    Post subject: Solution from Navman re Sound Files Missing Reply with quote

Thanks for the info. It was on the right lines, but I have now received this solution from Navman. It works without screwing up the registration!

1. Connect your iCN to your PC

2. Go C:\Program Files\Navman\SmartST Desktop for iCN530\iCNBin\Sound

3. Select all files from this folder, right click on one file and choose Copy

4. Go to: \My Flash Disk\Navman\Lightning\Navman\Sound

5. Right click (not on a file) and choose Paste.

6. on the ActiveSync warning message, click yes.

7. When all files are copied, disconnect the USB cable and use the device as normal

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Mio Navman Portable Navigation Devices All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: