Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Brixly - Fast, Reliable, Secure UK Web Hosting
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - tomtom one unable to download spead camera info
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

tomtom one unable to download spead camera info

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> PocketGPSWorld Speed Camera Database
View previous topic :: View next topic  
steve31165
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Oct 01, 2006 9:28 pm    Post subject: tomtom one unable to download spead camera info Reply with quote

hi, i am a total novice and i mean novice, pc usage is not my strong point, but here we go, i have tryed and tryed in vain to get the camera setting to work with my new tom tom one, i have down loaded the unzipped files and i now have a load of pictures of spead signs and camera symbols, but to what end, even in the poi part of the menu it says somthing like gps cameras, i enable that tick box all others off and when i pass a camera nothing, i am a little concerned that this site does not offer even basic email service, but rather having to post to a forums seems a little iffy to me, please corect me if i am incorect, but i have just logged onto tomtom payed £27 and got the cameras downloaded straight away to my tom tom one, ok there £9 more but have service help, unlike this lot, this is i think a waisted £19, and i would think twice about using a compay or person who will offer no help Exclamation
lupos0_1
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Sun Oct 01, 2006 9:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

first of all, Welcome

I'm sorry to hear that you are having no luck with the speed cam info.

A beginners guide is here:

http://www.pocketgpsworld.com/modules.php?name=Forums&file=viewtopic&t=17702

Also, you read the help file? It really does go through downloading the database step by step:

http://www.pocketgpsworld.com/modules.php?name=Forums&file=viewtopic&t=18701

(these can be found at the bottom of the speed cam page)

As for the support, you will find that usually you will get a response within minutes if you post on the forums which would be much quicker than email support (on average, TomTom takes 48 hours to get back to you, then usually its just an automated response).

It does help if you ask nicely tho Wink
Latest Maps
(Internal GPS)
steve31165
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Oct 01, 2006 10:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hello, and many thanks for getting back to me, but i have read both links information before hand and to no avail, like i said all the info seems to be in the unit photos of cameras ect ect and a new poi apeared pgpscamers but, that does not still advise when coming near a camera i as stated ticked the check box for poi pgpscamera, all others are off like railway beach airport ect ect and main menu 4 of 4 shows a camera under it, it says capture poi, i press that and nothing happens, sorry if i seemed a little sort but even now as i type i can not but think ive lost £19 on this.
mikealder
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Oct 01, 2006 10:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Steve, Your problem sounds like you need to enable the "Warn When Near POI" option which you can find in "Change Preferences"/ "Manage POI"/ "Warn When Near POI" you will need to set a warning for each camera type you have installed - to give you an idea have a read through THIS I appreciate it is for a different unit, but all TomTom products are similar, just ignore the parts about configuring the Text To Speech options as you don't have them. At least this has a step by step picture guide so should be easier to follow - Mike
steve31165
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Oct 01, 2006 10:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hi mike,
although i have tryed to put all the downloaded items on all i have in the poi category is a red square with pocketgpscameras , is this corect is this all i should have, i have read though what you have sent me and i will try it to see if it works in the morning, but do let me know if i should have everything in the poi section like in the help section you asked me to view ie 29mph 30mph cameras ect ect.
best wishs
ste
steve31165
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Oct 01, 2006 11:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Idea mike looks like thats it as i did a demo of a route and it showed the red squares with the spead limets in, thanks very much, like i said i am a novice at pc use, maybe i need to go the night school!, any way i also have the tom tom ones on will they both work together, and last of all i know how to up date the tom tom ones but they are only the fixed sites, how do i go about doing these ones, is simply just case of re downloading them every few weeks, again many thanks for your help and time.
ste Laughing
mikealder
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Oct 01, 2006 11:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

A red square denotes no coresponding bmp file for the camera POI file, I sugest you start again following the guide I linked to then you should have all the cameras listed (24 if you have downloaded the Speed Zoned set as per the guide with the correct files)
The picture you refer to shows just two camera categories the Gatso 20 and Gatso 30 cameras, you need to tap each one in turn to set up the warnings applicable to each camera type, use the down arrow keys to view the other ones.

Tap the text "pocketgps uk gatso 20" and the device will ask for a distance to be entered. Again this is down to you, use 450 as a start for all the cameras, then refine the setting as you get used to the device.

Next select the sound type you want to hear from the device, use the "Test" button to hear the different sounds, once happy select it.

The warn if POI on route is down to your preference, If you always have a route selected when using the device check the box, if you drive around without a route planned and want camera alerts leave the box unchecked.
Now repeat the above for each camera you have installed to the device.
lupos0_1
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Mon Oct 02, 2006 10:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

And it is worth noting that you will only have to set this warning system once for each POI. Then, when you download the next database, the POI's will just overwrite the old ones (your computer will ask you and you just have to click yes to all).

This will make it a lot easier / quicker in the future.

Ps. You are doin alright on the computer Wink
Latest Maps
(Internal GPS)
steve31165
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Oct 02, 2006 7:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hi, again, although all seems to be working, be it limeted, in the poi category i have 1st 1 a picture of a speed camera followed by pocket gps uk gatso, 2nd 1 is a 20mph sign again with pocket gps gatso, then 3rd i have a red square with pocket gps uk gatso 4th is a red square again with pocket gps uk mobile 5th again a red square gps uk sc and a 6th is pocket gps cameras, i have down loaded every thing copyed the unziped files and pasted them directly in to the uk road maps section, i am i still missing somthing here,
ste Confused
mikealder
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Oct 02, 2006 9:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Download the database again, unzip the files and copy them to the device, if prompted to "overwrite existing file" simply select YES.
It could be the download has become corupt in some way - Mike
steve31165
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Oct 02, 2006 10:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

yes ive done that, however i still have only what i had before, every file stated overite exsisting file and i have but the poi are still as above!
ste

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> PocketGPSWorld Speed Camera Database All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: