Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
SurfShark Antivirus
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Destinator 3 Wishlist
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Destinator 3 Wishlist
Goto page 1, 2  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Dave
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Nov 30, 2003 1:20 pm    Post subject: Destinator 3 Wishlist Reply with quote

Please post any features you'd like to see appear in the next release of Destinator in this thread.
Yogi-Bear
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Dec 04, 2003 10:48 am    Post subject: Wish List Reply with quote

Hey i thought i get the juices flowing on this one.

1) Larger ETA and the removal of the loop of naming the road as it is already on the top right of the screen

2) Ability to import POI

3) Speed Indicator on main screen

4) Improvement of sat display on main page removal or bars and add number of sats instead.

5) Ability to have program code on storage card instead of main memory

6) 3D Views remove grey and add colour - it's been done in birds eye view why leave 3D to grey?

7) Faster calculation of routes, a 3 mile route from A to B takes as long as a hundred mile A to B route Why?

Yogi
jellied
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Dec 04, 2003 3:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

On the subject of POI - I thought you could import POI into D3?
mbd_int
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Dec 05, 2003 3:14 am    Post subject: Re: Wish List Reply with quote

Yogi-Bear wrote:
Hey i thought i get the juices flowing on this one.

1) Larger ETA and the removal of the loop of naming the road as it is already on the top right of the screen

2) Ability to import POI

3) Speed Indicator on main screen

4) Improvement of sat display on main page removal or bars and add number of sats instead.

5) Ability to have program code on storage card instead of main memory

6) 3D Views remove grey and add colour - it's been done in birds eye view why leave 3D to grey?

7) Faster calculation of routes, a 3 mile route from A to B takes as long as a hundred mile A to B route Why?

Yogi

This are exactly the features I expected in D3. Sounds like D4 will be worth waiting for Rolling Eyes
siwatkins
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Dec 10, 2003 8:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Inclusion of a Safety Screen. It's omission is surprising from its feature list.

The ability to Navigate by context from the Show screen. Eg, if you aren't sure of exact destination, you could select the town from the Address, and "Show" it, scroll around/zoom in and out to get to exactly where you want, touch the screen and say "Navigate", rather than having the non-functional show screen. I keep trying to do it intuitively, thus it would be a worthwhile feature.

Import POIs - from the blurb, I got the impression that POI databases could be imported?

Simon
Dave
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Dec 10, 2003 11:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Importing of POI's can't be done in the base release, PowerLOC will be releasing an update soon to allow for this and to be able to download/import them from the community area.
siwatkins
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Dec 11, 2003 11:40 am    Post subject: Ability to install the maps and software to the PC Reply with quote

This might be possible, though I can't see a way. It's getting really tedious to have to insert both D3 CDs every time you want to move a map to the card.

What I want to be able to do, is install the Destinator Console, complete with shortcuts to my PC, together with whichever maps I want on a regular basis. So that I don't have to keep handling the darned install CDs, with the concomitant risk of damage. I'd like to see this enabled in this version, not the next, as it's a significant usability weakness in my opinion.

Simon
thevoyeur
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Dec 11, 2003 1:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I do like the ability to record routes, but feel that the feature is a bit useless unless you can then navigate using that recorded route as a preferred route. I would find this particularly useful as I often have visitors from overseas who are not familiar with the area. I'd like to give them the unit with my recorded route all queued up and ready to go... and have them get to wherever they are going using my optimised route.
thevoyeur
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Dec 11, 2003 1:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

One more from me....

I would like an additional option listed on the window that pops up when you tap the screen when in either Navigation or Planner mode. At the moment, it tells you the address of the point you've tapped, and allows you to choose Navigate, Recaldulate, Favorites and Set as Origin. I would like the see a "Go to" option that allows you to tell it where to start from rather than having to scroll around and to find your origin point.
Spudd
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Dec 11, 2003 11:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dave wrote:
Importing of POI's can't be done in the base release, PowerLOC will be releasing an update soon to allow for this and to be able to download/import them from the community area.

Hi guys, does that mean that your great shedload of TomTom POI's will be able to be used/converted for use with D3?

Tim
Dave
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Dec 12, 2003 7:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Possibly, it depends on which format they're required in and how easy it is to convert them.
siwatkins
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Dec 13, 2003 3:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Something else that surprises me as to its absence:

The ability to set average speeds for different types of roads. The ability to set a routing preference/weighting for Motorways, Major roads, Minor roads etc.

The routing engine must need to know about road "weighting", speed limits etc in order to be able to differentiate between Shortest, and Quickest routes, thus I'm surprised those parameters above aren't user specifiable. Unless of course the routing algorithm is very much less sophisticated than I imagine, and is only working on nodal distances, which might account for the poor "quickest" routing.

Simon
jonfe
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Aug 16, 2004 7:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The ability if you own the European or USA maps to plan a trip over several maps would be great; and save a lot of hassle.
jerhofer
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Oct 06, 2004 3:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

jonfe wrote:
The ability if you own the European or USA maps to plan a trip over several maps would be great; and save a lot of hassle.

I agree. I also would like to see the program automatically change maps as needed that are stored in the same place such as a storage card.
brain
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Feb 27, 2005 11:39 pm    Post subject: New destinator features Reply with quote

I would like to see 3 new featrues.

1. Destinator is easy to read, many customization options, and easy to look up addresses. The one complaint I have is the line on the bottom of the screen that shows the speed, altitude, Street names, etc (it cycles though these) is very hard to read (ie Black on grey text). I would like to see this line twice as high and have text that is yellow on black or black on white..... or at least make it customizable. This is probably my biggest wish list item.

2. If the XDAII is taken away from the GPS (ie to go into shops or the like) and you come back Destinator is still there alive and well. But it does not automatically find the GPS port - I have to go into GPS settings and simply press the SET button. A nuisance. By the way this problem did not exists with Copilot or the VITO Navigator II products (which I might add is a cheap and useful little utility, it certainly has fantastic ability to acquire the GPS port under all circumstances - the developers Should take note

3. New rounting option - In the city Destinator tends to use side road more than I would like rather than main routs, again the shortest route and quickest algorithm seems to be override would I would think is the best route - It would be nice to have in additional routing option, a use major roads algorithm with a caveat that it only does so if the route distance or time is no more than 10% greater (or perhaps 20%, or even configurable) - this would really fix a lot of the routing issues.

Thanks for a great product

p.s. And just for the sake of a complaint - and this comment seems to apply to all the GPS software developers out there there lack of recognition of suggested improvements, the lack of them providing a user forum that they own and sponsor and a simple upgrade process is in excusable

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Destinator All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: