Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Two questions about Mio C510/710
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Two questions about Mio C510/710
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Navigon Portable Navigation Devices
View previous topic :: View next topic  
IanCurtis
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Jul 19, 2006 10:14 am    Post subject: Two questions about Mio C510/710 Reply with quote

I have two questions about 510/710 to those of you that are using one.

1. I have a problem with very low sound from the Mio when using bluetooth handsfree. I can barely hear the person I am talking to. For those of you that are using this option, what do you think of the sound level? Maybe it some setting on the Mio or the phone that I did not set correctly? Any suggestions would be appreciated.

2. Is it possible to calculate a route without including the place where you actually are at the moment. For example, if I am in Stockholm and wish to calculate a route from Hamburg to Berlin. Is that possible? And how is it done?

Thanks,

Ian
Sallyann
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Wed Jul 19, 2006 10:45 am    Post subject: Re: Two questions about Mio C510/710 Reply with quote

IanCurtis wrote:
Ian

I have found that phone handsfree units respond very differently to different makes of phone. There appears to be no common standard for facilities and sound levels. With the phones I have tried on my C710 the sound levels have been quite adequate.

Yes you can certainly calculate a route as you want. You have probably found that when you edit a new route your current location is automatically included because that's most often what you want. If you don't want it then just put the highlight on it and hit delete.

Sal
IanCurtis
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Jul 19, 2006 9:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sal, thank you for the info. I will try the sound level with another phone. When it comes to calculating routes that not includes my home position, I actually had success once, but usually my home position seems to interfere.
CeeJay
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Jul 20, 2006 10:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi to all.

4 IanCurtis.
I'm using a Nokia 6230i with a 710 and the volume on handsfree is the best I've had from any sat nav unit.
I have the volume on the Mio set at 50% on the slider and that's more than loud enough for navigating and handsfree.

CeeJay.
tegel
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Jul 22, 2006 9:08 am    Post subject: Re: Two questions about Mio C510/710 Reply with quote

1. I am not sure, I have a similar experience with my SE k700i and mio c710. How do the different volume settings interact (mio main setting, mio map setting, master volume setting)?

2. I managed to do this in the following way: Start the mio in "map mode" and search for an adress or POI. When you find it, it will show on the map as the "cursor", a radiating red dot. At the same time, the "cursor menu" will pop up from the bottom of the map screen. Tap "start" on that menu.
Then, search for a new address or POI. When you find it, a new cursor will appear on the map and that same cursor menu will pop up. Now, instead of "start", choose "navigate to here".

Then you will set up a route between the two cursors.

/M

IanCurtis wrote:

1. I have a problem with very low sound from the Mio when using bluetooth handsfree. I can barely hear the person I am talking to. For those of you that are using this option, what do you think of the sound level? Maybe it some setting on the Mio or the phone that I did not set correctly? Any suggestions would be appreciated.

2. Is it possible to calculate a route without including the place where you actually are at the moment. For example, if I am in Stockholm and wish to calculate a route from Hamburg to Berlin. Is that possible? And how is it done?

Thanks,

Ian
TheInspector
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Jul 22, 2006 9:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tegel,
I have the 710e but I can neither see the "start" instruction or the "navigate to here" one on my device.
tegel
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Jul 22, 2006 10:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

1. press main menu button on side of the device
2. press map button
3. press "menu" in left bottom corner and find an adress or POI
4. press arrow in right bottom corner if the menu is not already visible. "start" should be the middle choice in that menu.

/M

TheInspector wrote:
Tegel,
I have the 710e but I can neither see the "start" instruction or the "navigate to here" one on my device.
tegel
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Jul 22, 2006 2:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Forgot to say that in order to see those buttons you need to delete any planned route first. In map mode (not cockpit) tap the upper left menu and tap "delete".

Then follow above instructions to create the route.

/M

TheInspector wrote:
Tegel,
TheInspector
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Jul 22, 2006 4:31 pm    Post subject: Speed warning Reply with quote

Excellent, tegel. Many thanks for that.

Now does anyone have the same trouble as me inasmuch as in a 30 mph area, the voice says You are over the speed limit when sometimes I'm only doing 20 or 25 mph? Similarly in a 40 mph limit road as well.
CeeJay
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Jul 23, 2006 12:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi TheInspector.

Do what I do, turn it off! Laughing
It's almost as if Mio must be working in kph instead of mph, but forgot to do the conversion. So for a 30mph zone you get a warning at 30kph, I think Confused

CeeJay
ianj
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Jul 23, 2006 9:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I had to turn mine off as well! The manual got very confusing with the alternative limits etc. The warning seemed to be below limit by the set amount!

I'll turn it back on and experiment until it drives me mad again!

Ian
CeeJay
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Jul 24, 2006 12:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

That won't take long!
tegel
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Jul 24, 2006 9:52 pm    Post subject: Re: Two questions about Mio C510/710 Reply with quote

1. Found out what to do today; the c710 actually acts as a "stupid" hands-free to your mobile phone. Solution to low volume issue: raise the volume on your phone!

When I put the volume on my SE k700i on max, and the master volume on the c710 (hardware buttons) on max, everything gets VERY loud.

Also, following the same logic, you can use your phone (and it's phonebook) to dial the numbers. All talking will still be done via the c710.

/M

IanCurtis wrote:

Thanks,

Ian
rondun
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Aug 02, 2006 6:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

tegel wrote:
Forgot to say that in order to see those buttons you need to delete any planned route first. In map mode (not cockpit) tap the upper left menu and tap "delete".

/M

I cannot for the life of me get this to work, and its driving me nuts!

I am at point A, and when i create a route from B to C, it usually adds point A at the start, so I delete it. But every time i try to view the route it ALWAYS starts from my current position, which overwrites the start (point B) I just entered.

Also despite holding down the Hard menu button, I can't get the fast flyover to work.

I've done other things ok, like acces the flash drive via bluetooth and change the voices ok, but this is bugging me silly.

Are there different firmware / software versions etc which might affect this functionality?

Regards
tegel
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Aug 02, 2006 9:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hmm...how do you create the route? The only thing that I can think of is if you have a weak GPS signal, which changes in the middle of creating your route, this will confuse the mio and make it select your current location as the starting point.

For instance, you are indoors, no GPS signal, and you tap the map. This invokes the cursor and opens the cursor menu. You select "start from here" on the menu and then, all of a sudden, the mio picks up gps signal. Maybe this "pick up" causes the mio to select your location as starting point.

/M

rondun wrote:
tegel wrote:

/M

I cannot for the life of me get this to work, and its driving me nuts!

I am at point A, and when i create a route from B to C, it usually adds point A at the start, so I delete it. But every time i try to view the route it ALWAYS starts from my current position, which overwrites the start (point B) I just entered.

Also despite holding down the Hard menu button, I can't get the fast flyover to work.

I've done other things ok, like acces the flash drive via bluetooth and change the voices ok, but this is bugging me silly.

Are there different firmware / software versions etc which might affect this functionality?

Regards

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Navigon Portable Navigation Devices All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 1 of 4

Jump to: