Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
SurfShark VPN
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - I3 firmware 3.20
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

I3 firmware 3.20
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 11, 12, 13, 14  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Garmin Portable Navigation Devices
View previous topic :: View next topic  
trevf
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Oct 02, 2006 11:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Chrol wrote:
Grrrrr. I have downloaded firmware 3.10 and tried to change the firmware on my i3. When trying to erase the previous firmware (3.20) I get an error messge that tells me to send my pc details to Garmin technical support. Anyone else had this problem or can suggest a solution ?
Try a different USB Port.
alan_t
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Oct 02, 2006 6:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i update my i3 with 256mb transflash card to 3.20 , and i had two lock ups in map mode over a 120 mle round trip.
only thing i noticed that was lagging, was the speed, it was way out, coz when i slowed down, say from a 50 to a 30, the i3 still indicated i was travelling at the faster speed for about 20 seconds or so before changing to the actual slower speed i was travalling at.

back to 2.7 for me aswell.
sunstrip_steve
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Oct 02, 2006 10:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

trevf wrote:
Chrol wrote:
Grrrrr. I have downloaded firmware 3.10 and tried to change the firmware on my i3. When trying to erase the previous firmware (3.20) I get an error messge that tells me to send my pc details to Garmin technical support. Anyone else had this problem or can suggest a solution ?
Try a different USB Port.

Yes I got this, Garmin suggest a USB port that is directly connected to the mainboard. ie not one of the 'hubs' on the front
Chrol
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Oct 03, 2006 4:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Guys, Got it sorted now. I used a different USB port and it worked fine. Now back to 3.10 and everything is rosie gain.
Anita
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Oct 04, 2006 10:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MaFt wrote:
regarding the timings for final prompt before a turn i wonder if it'd be worth a few of us emailing garmin about it and recomending instead of the automatic distance being assumed from the max speed for that road (i.e. if the road is a 60 you get 0.3miles warning even if you're only doing 30mph) that it could be calc'd from the current speed? think that would solve most problems assuming the extra calculation didn't slow things down too much...MaFt

Well, I got a reply today to my email, and guess what they told me to do. Yup, Garmin's answer to everything - a hard reset! Rolling Eyes

Here's their reply:

"Good Afternoon, Thank you for contacting Garmin Europe.

In regard to your email, The problem you're having seems to be caused by the unit losing a position fix, i.e. the accuracy is being effected due to less satellite contact. To rectify this problem you need to do a hard reset on the unit, With the unit switched off and a fresh set of batteries please try the following, press and hold WHEEL DOWN + BACK ARROW + ON all at the same time. hit the power button last once the wheel down and arrow is pressed.
If you have any further questions please let me know.

Best Regards,
Luke Razack
Product Support - Garmin (Europe) Ltd
"
Samsung Galaxy S21
welshgasman
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Oct 04, 2006 10:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ah well, it takes all types. :-(

Beerbellybill999 wrote:
welshgasman wrote:
Can't we have this as a sticky?

Anita wrote:
Chrol wrote:
I would like to return to the 3.10 firware which was working fine on my unit. I am unable to find a download for this. Can you help ?

You'll find all versions of the firmware here.

The firmware link is already a sticky
http://www.pocketgpsworld.com/modules.php?name=Forums&file=viewtopic&t=39763&start=0&postdays=0&postorder=asc&highlight=
trevf
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Oct 05, 2006 12:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Anita wrote:
MaFt wrote:
regarding the timings for final prompt before a turn i wonder if it'd be worth a few of us emailing garmin about it and recomending instead of the automatic distance being assumed from the max speed for that road (i.e. if the road is a 60 you get 0.3miles warning even if you're only doing 30mph) that it could be calc'd from the current speed? think that would solve most problems assuming the extra calculation didn't slow things down too much...MaFt

Well, I got a reply today to my email, and guess what they told me to do. Yup, Garmin's answer to everything - a hard reset! Rolling Eyes

Here's their reply:

"Good Afternoon, Thank you for contacting Garmin Europe.

In regard to your email, The problem you're having seems to be caused by the unit losing a position fix, i.e. the accuracy is being effected due to less satellite contact. To rectify this problem you need to do a hard reset on the unit, With the unit switched off and a fresh set of batteries please try the following, press and hold WHEEL DOWN + BACK ARROW + ON all at the same time. hit the power button last once the wheel down and arrow is pressed.
If you have any further questions please let me know.

Best Regards,
Luke Razack
Product Support - Garmin (Europe) Ltd
"
Good old Luke... That's the same advice he offered me bak when 2.9 came out. Nice to know he's still there and still plugging away at his job. Feel free to mail him back saying that these are the same issue I encountered under 2.9, 3.0 and 3.1. I'm sure he will remember me we had some very heated e-mails where he denied any problems and I pointed him to this site... At least you will have the good old "Well actually Trevor Fee reported these problems to you personally about 4 months ago so don't claim not to have heard of any other people experiencing these problems" line to use. Be sure to say Hi to him for me :D
swanson2
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Mon Oct 30, 2006 1:16 pm    Post subject: FW 3.2 Still Working OK Reply with quote

Hi,

I have beenn running the latest i3 FW update 3.2 on two streetpilot i3's for about 6 weeks now and have not encountered any problems.

I have the units set to 3D mapping and do not use any external aerials.

Both i3's have the software built in, and there are no external memory cards.

Garmin have certainly come up trumps with this latest firmware release as far as I am concerned.

Regards,

Robert Swanson

:D
phillik
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Oct 30, 2006 11:58 pm    Post subject: Re: FW 3.2 Still Working OK Reply with quote

swanson2 wrote:
Hi,

I have beenn running the latest i3 FW update 3.2 on two streetpilot i3's for about 6 weeks now and have not encountered any problems.

Garmin have certainly come up trumps with this latest firmware release as far as I am concerned.

Regards,

Robert Swanson

Sadly it seems that Garmin have forgotten that they have two versions of the i3!

V2.5 Voice with V8 maps internally. These seem to run the 3.20 software.
and the other is:

V2.0 Voice and a transflash memory card with V8 maps on it. These seem to only work with 2.70 so far. These I think hold more POI but get hang ups with the later 3.20 firmware.

This is the one I have. Garmin do not have downgrade path if a punter does a web update on the transflash version unit. I would have had to send it back to Garmin if it was not for the very nice guys on this forum. Clap

Am I Correct here guys? Should I just update it to v3.20 and send it back under warranty as "Faulty" hoping I get sent the other version ?

P.S. StreetPilot sent me up a dead end today Embarassed
ffrr
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Oct 31, 2006 12:28 am    Post subject: Re: FW 3.2 Still Working OK Reply with quote

phillik wrote:
swanson2 wrote:
Hi,

Regards,

Robert Swanson

Sadly it seems that Garmin have forgotten that they have two versions of the i3!

V2.5 Voice with V8 maps internally. These seem to run the 3.20 software.
and the other is:

V2.0 Voice and a transflash memory card with V8 maps on it. These seem to only work with 2.70 so far. These I think hold more POI but get hang ups with the later 3.20 firmware.

This is the one I have. Garmin do not have downgrade path if a punter does a web update on the transflash version unit. I would have had to send it back to Garmin if it was not for the very nice guys on this forum. Clap

Am I Correct here guys? Should I just update it to v3.20 and send it back under warranty as "Faulty" hoping I get sent the other version ?

P.S. StreetPilot sent me up a dead end today Embarassed

It may not be quite that simple. My i3 has maps on the microSD (Transflash) card. I updated it to 3.2 when I got it (it had 3.0) and the Voice is 2.2. I have no problems with it. I put over 20000 POIs in it and get no hangups or problems. (my maps are v6 Australian maps)
snowboardcriminal
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Oct 31, 2006 10:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not that simple at all.

Mine is one of the french units, that were then changed for the uk market.

I have voice 2.5, V8 maps on transflash and am running 3.2 with no problems so far. Also 32244 poi.

Who knows their seems to be no firm link between units, FW , voices and transflash.

There are things that I know and you don't know, there are things that you know that i don't know, but always remember there is much that we both don't know.
mars.1
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Tue Oct 31, 2006 7:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Filmware 3.20 has been the best version so far.I have got an old i3 with tf card and i have no major problems. I aint going to upgrade to a new filmware update unless its got some major benifits.
Lester_Burnham
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Nov 01, 2006 11:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well personally for me, v3.20 has been the worst for stability for me - and I've tried every version (incrementally as they were released) from 2.4 upwards.

Mine uses maps off the transflash card, v8 maps, 2.0 audio, lotsa POIs (around 50k).

If I could be bothered, I'd probably revert to 2.82.

I've certainly had more crashes and freezes with 3.20 than I had with 3.10, 3.00, or 2.90.

Most crashes / freezez seem to occur shortly after being turned on - either before it even gets to route calculation, during route calculation, or very early in the journey. If it's got past that kind of stage, it tends to be fine.
mk_graham
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Nov 02, 2006 10:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

More POI's, less stability?
---
TomTom Go 720 WE Maps (for sale)
---
iPhone with Sygic Mobile Maps (Europe) - having problems
ffrr
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Nov 02, 2006 10:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

mk_graham wrote:
More POI's, less stability?

That's plausible. Very easy to test though. Anyone with problems can just not load all the POIs and see if it improves.

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Garmin Portable Navigation Devices All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 11, 12, 13, 14  Next
Page 12 of 14

Jump to: