Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Streetpilot i3 to Tom Tom One?
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Streetpilot i3 to Tom Tom One?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Portable Navigation Devices
View previous topic :: View next topic  
MartinWilliams
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Sep 16, 2006 12:56 am    Post subject: Streetpilot i3 to Tom Tom One? Reply with quote

I've had my i3 for about 3-4 months now and I'm thinking of giving it to my brother and getting a Tom Tom One. The main reason is that I'm frustrated with the i3's thinking. I know that Sat Nav's aren't perfect, but it does insist on taking me some ridiculous ways to places and has a clear phobia with the M6 toll (yes I've checked the toll settings).

Do you think it is worth the move. Will I get a better experience from a Tom Tom. Is there chip any better? Can I really expect any Sat Nav to send me around the M25 the best way? i3 insists on directing me past the airports when there is 0.3 miles in it if I go through Dartford.

Advice before tomorrow anyone?

Thanks.
sacd
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Sep 16, 2006 12:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I used to love the way my old i3 warned me if I was exceeding the speed limit in a camera area....as far as I can tell my new tomtom one does not do this.

Also the simple catagorie list in the garmin was great, whilst I find the way poi's are arranged in the tomtom one to be a bit more difficult.

Also I'm sure I posted a reply like this earlier on, but I can't see it now.
colpac
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Sep 16, 2006 4:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have just got a tomtom one after my i3 was stolen and i must say i would never go back to an i3.

The overall performance of the one is far better than the i3. You soon get used to the menu's and i prefer it that the speed camera warnings are not controlled by speed, it was especially annoying on the i3 when it would keep "boinging" when you went 1mph above the limit and you could see there was no mobile camera there!

I have also found the one recalculates routes much quicker when you have gone wrong and the screen refresh rate is much faster, you also have the option of adding new voices and colours etc.
TonyHoyle
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Sep 16, 2006 4:47 pm    Post subject: Re: Streetpilot i3 to Tom Tom One? Reply with quote

MartinWilliams wrote:
II know that Sat Nav's aren't perfect, but it does insist on taking me some ridiculous ways to places and has a clear phobia with the M6 toll (yes I've checked the toll settings).

TT has taken me on some ludicrous routes before now (in one case over double the distance, but more commonly it tries to take you straight through a busy city centre rather than going round)... satnavs aren't perfect by any means.

I have the opposite problem with the M6 Toll.. more than once TT has tried to send me across it even though I have Toll disabled (it works on the initial plan, then when the M6 is congested it gets consitered for rerouting and you end up back on the toll again).

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Portable Navigation Devices All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: