Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Rikaline 6012 and TomTom
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Rikaline 6012 and TomTom

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Beginners GPS Lounge
View previous topic :: View next topic  
StevenVW
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Nov 22, 2003 10:15 pm    Post subject: Rikaline 6012 and TomTom Reply with quote

Hi all,

I just bought a Rikaline 6010 receiver from pdamods.com, but they sent me a 6012 instead (in a 6010 box Confused ). Anyway, wanted to try it out to see how good/bad that one is, but I can't get it to work with TomTom2.24. I read it should run at 4800 baud, so I set TT to that setting (NMEA0183v2 4800). The light on the receiver starts blinking immediately when I plug in the power. It should blink only when there's a fix I thought. I used two other programs to try (Winfast Navigator and GPSViewer). Both are unable to see the receiver. Scanning in GPSviewer results in COM1...(none), COM2...(none), COM3...(none) and the other COMs give an 'open failed'.

I took the receiver in my car today to see how it reacted. Been driving all afternoon with a few stops in between. Now the light stays on when power is connected to the receiver, and it doesn't blink anymore.

Does somebody have an idea?

I'm running WM2003/TomTom 2.24 with GPS driver 2.08 on a Dell Axim.

And has anyone had a similar experience with pdamods.com in sending the wrong receiver? The 6010 and 6012 look the same. The 6012 uses an inferior chipset compared to the Sirf-ii of the 6010. You can only tell the difference by looking at the sticker on the bottom.

Kind regards,

Steven
lbendlin
Pocket GPS Staff
Pocket GPS Staff

PostPosted: Sun Nov 23, 2003 2:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would return it and request athe correct model. Here is the comparison table http://www.rikaline.com/gps_receiver.htm which clearly shows the 6012 inferiority. And who knows, maybe your's is DOA

Report Map Errors here:
TomTom/TeleAtlas NAVTEQ
csm7djs
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Dec 05, 2003 4:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SteveVW,

What happened when you told them about the Mix up over the 6012 instead of the 6012. Did they replace it for you or did you get your money back?????

I ask because i have just brought a GPS 6010 of the same company via ebay and guess what, they have sent me a 6012 instead. And yes you are right it wont ( well i cant get it to ) work with TomTom navigator.

I tried calling them and they said to email instead, so i have emailed them and as of yet no response.

Anybody else had any experience with this company? http://www.pdamods.com/
Dave
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Dec 05, 2003 5:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If in the literature you were told that you were to receive a 6010 and received a 6012 and there were no terms and conditions that stipulated that you may receive another product instead, then you do have the right to return it for replacement or refund (UK law).
glenham1
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Dec 08, 2003 11:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi

I've been having the same problems (but I posted my query to the RIKALINE forum on this site!!!)

Bought my 6010 on e-bay (see link below) from nex-gensales and got a 6012 too. Also ordered a 128MB SD card which the IPAQ won't accept (error 0 ?) although it works with my digital camera's 128MB card.

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=3060435600&category=15005&rd=1

Let me know how you get on

Jon
MikeB
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Dec 08, 2003 11:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you bought your Rikaline GPS from a dealer in the UK whilst you were in the UK then the contract is made under UK jurisdiction, and is subject to the UK Distance Selling Regulations.

These give you the right as a consumer to return any goods bought over the net, phone or by mail within 30 days with no specific reason needed to be given. If you have been sent the wrong goods then the seller has no argument at all. The law is on the side of the consumer.

It is somewhat grey when you purchase items from eBay, as the seller is often a commercial companyI suspect that the Distance Selling Regulations still apply. If the company you bought the goods from refuses to take them back and refund you then I suggest you approach your local trading standards office. They will be able to give you an exact interpretation of the law in your specific case.
Trenery
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Jan 29, 2004 4:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You have all be done Embarassed .

I purchased a Rikaline 6021 -X6 from nex_gensales (same company as pdamods) and have recieved exactly what I had ordered. I did have a problem with them as they forgot to include an adapter and it took ages to get it from them. They are not so good a reponding to email.

This might be a simple mistake.

Have they replied to you?
Have you all left feedback?

If you have done all you can then you all need to send an email to ebay and report them for conning you. Ebay will take action.

Tell pdamods that all three of you are going to report them and they might decide to respond a bit quicker.

Good luck

T
jaygsi
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Jan 30, 2004 6:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i got 6010 of pda mods too.
ive had 3 recievers of them and none of them worked so i sent my ipaq/6010/power lead of to a friend to test for me as he runs the same set up,
when he phoned me as soon as he pluged in his reciever it fired up,6 sat locked on.my power also worked fine with his reciever,but as soon as he pluged in his ipaq to my reciever nothing worked,i was begining to think it was my ipaq at fault!
any way sent the third reciever back to pda mods by special delivery and it was deliverd before 12 noon on the 20th jan,left it a couple of days phoned them and they said it had not been recieved as far as they know?
they told me that if it was recieved then it would be on there list.
he said i need to get the name of who signed for it then phone us,phoned royal mail confirmed it was deliverd on time and that if i wanted the name of who signed for it it would take a week!
where do i stand ?

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Beginners GPS Lounge All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: