Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - 'Incorrect Parameters' error message
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

'Incorrect Parameters' error message

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Other Software
View previous topic :: View next topic  
DuncanLawson
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Nov 02, 2005 12:20 am    Post subject: 'Incorrect Parameters' error message Reply with quote

I have CheckPoint 5.0.2 with TomTom 5.1

CheckPoint is working fine and I can download (synchronise) all the POI's that I want to. My problem is when CheckPoint tries to upload my recorded POIs to the server. I get the error message 'The POIplace website received incorrect parameters'

Before posting, I searched the forum and found another user with exactly the same problem (so I'm not alone!) but he had no replies! Confused

Can anyone help?

D
MartinE
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Nov 28, 2005 1:03 am    Post subject: Parameters Error Message in Checkpoint Upload Reply with quote

I have exactly the same problem using Checkpoint Version 3.02 along with TTN Version 3.7, so you are most definately not alone on this one.
I too would be interested to find out the answer to this problem,

Regards,

Martin.
imellor
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Nov 29, 2005 11:23 pm    Post subject: Re: 'Incorrect Parameters' error message Reply with quote

Ditto here, I have emailed CheckPOInt@OABsoftware.nl

DuncanLawson wrote:
I have CheckPoint 5.0.2 with TomTom 5.1

CheckPoint is working fine and I can download (synchronise) all the POI's that I want to. My problem is when CheckPoint tries to upload my recorded POIs to the server. I get the error message 'The POIplace website received incorrect parameters'
D
mscahill
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Dec 10, 2005 10:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I also have CheckPoint 5.0.2 with TomTom 5.1 having upgraded from v3. Never had any problem with theold oftware but cannot clear this error. Surely someone must know the answer. I've even tried registering and re-installing. Sad
getsurfers
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Jan 27, 2006 12:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Did anyone get a reply from Checkpoint about this?

Have approx 30 new camera locations to upload, yet can't because of this damn error!
mscahill
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Jan 30, 2006 8:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Absolutely no response ..... I had a host of new cameras to add and old roadworks ones that had gone ... Last week I actually logged on and amended thenmanually by entering the co-ordinates - how sad is that! Some of the deletions didn't actually exist and I got an error message saying that the POI was unknown. I will try a test this week to see it its just that the update doesn't work properly on this error handling when not actually on-line. Confused
DuncanLawson
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu May 18, 2006 1:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

CheckPoint never did reply to ANY of my e-mails....BUT!, I have solved the problem!!

Whenever I was synching, it was during the upload part that I got the error message, then it would continue and download the POIs just fine. I therefore wondered if it was due to some of my Recorded POIs being corrupt maybe, or a POI that I had removed being removed by somebody before me and confusing the server.

So I went into the Recorded POI's and started to delete a number of the Removed POI's that were recorded and doing a resync. This was taking a while so in the end I just removed every POI that was recorded, be it an addition or removal, and voila! it solved the problem. I added a new POI and it uploaded just fine.

Bit of a pain the ass that I lost all the POIs that I had added, but at least I can now upload properly!!
DuncanLawson
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu May 18, 2006 3:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What I should've said was that my big bro sussed out the problem, told me about it, it worked for me and I then claimed the credit!!! Laughing

There, maybe he'll talk to me again now!! Laughing
RoadHoggy
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Jun 02, 2006 10:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

too have the same problem. I tried the 'fix' described in this thread but this did not work so I tried to locate the file that holds user added POI's (checkpoint.OV2).

I removed that and it worked fine........................ synch'ed OK without error until I added a new POI and then I get the same error all over again (incorrect paramerters).

Does anyone know which file stores the user added poi's (if it's not the one above)?

Help, I'm desperate Sad
FatFreddy
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Sep 10, 2006 7:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have had this same problem since upgrading to TT5 and checkpoint 5. As you say it is your recorded poi's that are the problem.

If you only add or remove one poi and then on sync have only one item in the recorded poi list, the sync goes through without error. If you have more than one item you get the error.

If you sync, get the error, then delete the poi at the top of the list in recorded poi's, then sync, get the error, then delete the poi at the top of the recorded poi list, etc.. etc.. you eventually seem to upload all your recorded poi's. It's a pain if you have been on a long trip and have 20-30 recorded poi's.

The checkpoint list has been poorly updated recently and I think this may be the cause as people just give up and delete all their recorded poi's. It used to be that if there was a new camera on motorway road works there was half a dozen poi's for it, as everyone recorded it, now there is none.

I wish they would fix this problem as I think Checkpoint is really good, free, and used to be the most up to date. With all the other poi's, shops etc, it makes it a really good app.

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Other Software All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: