Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
SurfShark Antivirus
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Bluetooth to stereo connection
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Bluetooth to stereo connection

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Portable Navigation Devices
View previous topic :: View next topic  
meistre
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Aug 23, 2006 5:59 am    Post subject: Bluetooth to stereo connection Reply with quote

This is the claim on the TT website and one of the main reasons I bought the 910:

"Bluetooth® connectivity: Connect your GO to your mobile phone, headset, car speakers or headphones hassle-free with Bluetooth® technology."

Has anyone been able to make this work to hear the 910 through their stereo? TT support won't email me back!?!?!
kDmG
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Aug 23, 2006 10:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi,

Does your Strereo have the LineIn connector? If so, you can connect your TT to the stereo.

Ta
GPS v1.21 Boot 4.86
MAP: v650.1046
===============================
TomDavison
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Wed Aug 23, 2006 12:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is an interesting claim. It may well be that the Go 910 has the ability to connect to your stereo using bluetooth, although I thought the Rider was the only one with a bluetooth output. However, what isn't mentioned is that it can only connect to one service at a time, so if it's linked to hands free or traffic, you couldn't have a simultaneoud output to the stereo. More important, how many car stereos have a bluetooth input. If your's doesn't, you can't blame TT for being unable to connect.
TuurG
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Aug 23, 2006 10:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You can have 2 BT connections, as it is designed to connect to both a BT phone and TT CarConnect. CarConnect uses A2DP protocol for stereo music over BT. Any BT receiving device which supports A2DP protocol will be able to connect. Not many car stereos support BT let alone A2DP. But from GO side it will work.
paulc1976
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Aug 23, 2006 10:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've just bought a Sony mex-bt5000 headunit which supports bluetooth handsfree and stereo a2dp streaming, it will not pair with my tt 910, just says connection error, tried with 0000 passcode and without but no joy, tried pairing from the headunit and from the tt itself , the 910 cannot detect the headunit, even though bluetooth was enabled and set to visible, its a pity because it would have allowed near cd quality audio from the 910's mp3 player and voice directions without the need for any wires, I've also got a parrot rhythm & blue headunit but that only supports the bluetooth handsfree profile not stereo a2dp, the only other headunit to support stereo streaming is the pioneer deh-75bt which i haven't tried so can't comment on that, if anyone can get to their local Halfords they may be able to test the bluetooth connection as these stereos and the 910 are on display. The only other product is the Tomtom car connect which I think connects into the back of your headunit and allows you to stream music via a2dp bluetooth, this is much better than a fm transmitter and legal check the link http://www.tomtom.com/products/accessory.php?ID=216&Product=211&Category=&Context=1&Language=1&TT=6055tc9of845c11ro3bsos9r76&Tab=0
TuurG
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Aug 23, 2006 11:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Sony should indeed work, based on specs.
Did you maybe have the Parrot Rhythm&Blue already connected? I think the Sony can only connect to one BT device at a time.

If so, try disconnecting the Sony mex-bt5000 parrot, and then search for the Sony on the GO910, in the speaker preferences.
Your phone can be connected to the 910, as the 910 can connect to 2 BT devices.
paulc1976
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Aug 24, 2006 11:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes it should work on specs, as its a2dp compliant, unfortunately it doesnt seem to be compatible. I didnt have the parrot installed at the time, just the sony, when I try to search for it in speaker preferences, it says no devices found, and when I try to pair it from the sony end it shows up as an audio bluetooth device but when i try to connect it says connection error, so you cannot use it with this stereo, it might work better with bluetooth headphones, anyway ive sent it back and im going to wait for the tomtom car connect to be released.

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Portable Navigation Devices All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: