Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
SurfShark Antivirus
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Nuvi wishlist
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Nuvi wishlist
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Garmin Portable Navigation Devices
View previous topic :: View next topic  
PeterSm
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Fri Dec 28, 2007 12:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
1 - Add a built-in poi class of toilets - if you are walking / in the car it finds the nearest publically accessible toilet be it a service station, public convenience or otherwise

May have been posted elsewhere but Westminster city Councils inovation aware was won this year by a "Sat-Lav" system.....text a number and it return your nearest location however I think theres a Sat-nav download available as well....
crazyfingers
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Dec 31, 2007 3:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I wish that while driving on a route the Nuvi 750 would show more information on the screen.

1: Map scale.
2: Which way is North
3: More street names and
4: When on a highway which roads coming up have an exit.

The Nuvi 750 is not as sophisticated as my old ique 3600

The only things that it really does better is to:

1: Have a much brighter screen
2: 3d view
3: Much faster map loading and route calculation.
4: Talk to Mapsource.

I still marginally prefer the Nuvi but, there were a lot of needless trade offs. The Nuvi should be able to do everything that the iQue does.
doveoscar
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Feb 07, 2008 2:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Based on using my Garmin Nuvi 670T for a year:

1. FM transmitter; store several frequencies and put selection buttons on audio quick settings page.

2. Journey time; get it right. It's appallingly bad at guessing them. How about storing a table of corrections for roads based on actual average journey times?

3. Rush hour; many years ago a company created a programme called Autoroute and it knew that many roads were slower at certain times of day. A company called Microsoft bought Autoroute and killed that feature. I'd like it back on my Garmin, please. When calculating a route, just assume that all routes in built-up areas in the (user definable) rush hour period are 50% slower. Something like that.

4. Vias; more please, without buying a new Nuvi.

5. Country; please remember that I'm in England.

6. MP3 player; cope with a decent number of tracks please. I recently tried to use a 16GB SDHC card with over 1000 tracks (I'd used 4GB previously) and the MP3 player got horribly upset. A realistic number of tracks (32GB SD cards will be affordable soon).

7. An alarm clock - linked to mp3 player?

8. A "where am I" button on the map display - press and it displays/says "Rochester Road, Hastings" or whatever; press again and you get coordinates display & voice

9. Please say "queue ee 2 bridge" not "queue eye eye bridge" when I go over the Dartford crossing.

10. On-screen compass overlaid on map.

11. A better calculator with a memory and scientific option with several memories.

The only one of these that seems at all difficult, in principle, is 2.
gvkersen
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Feb 22, 2008 10:27 am    Post subject: Nuvi 760 wishes Reply with quote

I bought my first Garmin (Nuvi 760) a week ago, after having used Tomtom in the past. The main reason for selecting Garmin was the free TMC reception.
I am finding the Garmin very robust and stable, but much less "tweakable" than the Tomtom.

Here are some of the things I wish it would add:
(edited based on better understanding the device - if only the manual was a little clearer !)

- allow changing of map colors (I find them very dull)
- allow editing of favourite destinations and phone book on the PC
- allow modification of voices (I know it is possible but not supported)
- allow adding/modifying of PoIs on the device
- show custom PoIs with predefined PoIs (rather than under 'extras') and allow searching of ALL PoIs
- allow importing a route from Google Maps straight to the device (this is possible, see here)

In general it should get much tighter integration between device and PC to be more useful. Hopefully someone in Garmin monitors this threat and hears our cries...

regards, Gijs.

Last edited by gvkersen on Tue Feb 26, 2008 7:29 pm; edited 2 times in total
doveoscar
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Feb 22, 2008 10:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Another one: add support for more than 1000 mp3 files. My 8GB and 16GB cards both confuse my 670 terribly, it seems to "see" 1000 files but if it tries to play anything over about 930 the music stops.
tsdinos
Pocket GPS Verifier
Pocket GPS Verifier

PostPosted: Sun Feb 24, 2008 2:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

How about a Divx player?? Since they are now including games and other "whilst not driving" features for airplane use or whatever else, wouldn't you agree that a Divx player would come very handy? With the new SD cards you can easily store whole movies, video clips..etc

oh...and i think that the mp3 player should be able to read seperate folders and auto-create playlists from the folders, just like the car mp3s do!

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Garmin Portable Navigation Devices All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7
Page 7 of 7

Jump to: