Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Navman 530
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Navman 530
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Mio Navman Portable Navigation Devices
View previous topic :: View next topic  
dbaileyuk
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Aug 10, 2006 10:37 am    Post subject: Navman 530 Reply with quote

This is my first post to the forum, I've been reading the threads for a few weeks now prior to buying a Navman, I bought a 530 the other day from Cu**ys for £249:99, on the box there is no mention of the European discs being supplied, so I thought it wouldn't have them, but when the box was opened they were there, it also came with a T1 traffic module I think it's called haven't got round to looking at that yet ! remote cotrol, carry case etc. Seems alot of kit for the money !
Now to the main reason of my post, as I've looked at hundreds of posts and not found an answer.
Is it possible to load the camera data base on to a removable flash card (or what ever card it takes) instead of loading it directly to the unit ?
I know it's a daft ( newbie) question but the luck I have I'd probably erase all the maps off the unit !
Thanks for taking the time to read my post,
Sunnygjg
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Aug 10, 2006 12:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Welcome Darren,

If you have the traffic module as well as all the other goodies then you have bought yourself a REAL BARGAIN !
I haven't attempted to load POI's on a flash card but I have loaded the camera database on my iCN530 a couple of times now. It really is very easy to do, as described in the help guides here........and don't worry....you won't erase any maps....trust me ! Wink
Sunnygjg
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Aug 10, 2006 12:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Welcome

If you have the traffic module as well as all the other goodies then you have bought yourself a REAL BARGAIN !
I haven't attempted to load POI's on a flash card but I have loaded the camera database on my iCN530 a couple of times now. It really is very easy to do, as described in the help guides here........and don't worry....you won't erase any maps....trust me ! Wink
Sunnygjg
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Aug 10, 2006 12:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oops, Sticky fingers.........sorry. and I don't know where the name Darren came from Confused
dbaileyuk
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Aug 10, 2006 2:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Some bargain, the bloo*y thing says it's just performed an illegal operation and needs to close !!!! See I know me and gadgety things don't mix, knowing my luck i'll get arrested for the illegal operation and sent down for 10 years !
I'll try and reset it & see if it comes back to life.
Once the camera data base is on the unit, when you want to upload the later version of the data base, do you, and how remove the ones that are all ready on ?
Thanks

David
jonandmarkuk
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Aug 11, 2006 1:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

dbaileyuk wrote:
Some bargain, the bloo*y thing says it's just performed an illegal operation and needs to close !!!! See I know me and gadgety things don't mix, knowing my luck i'll get arrested for the illegal operation and sent down for 10 years !
I'll try and reset it & see if it comes back to life.
Once the camera data base is on the unit, when you want to upload the later version of the data base, do you, and how remove the ones that are all ready on ?
Thanks

David

Not got the software to hand, but look in the menu items in POI edit and you should see 'Manage POI' that will then read what is on the Navman and allow you to delete them.

Wish I had known Curry's were giving the T1's away? Are you sure someone hadn't returned that one and forgot it was in the box.
dbaileyuk
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Aug 11, 2006 1:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Are you sure someone hadn't returned that one and forgot it was in the box.

The box had the factory seal on it, like I posted earlier, there is no mention of the European discs on the box, but in side is 3 discs for europe, a sealed T1 aerial, module, disc, lead adaptor, CD, also the windscreen mount bracket is the one for the T1 module to slide on ! So it would appear that this is a full kit......... not bad for £249:99, when others I've seen dont include the T1 for that price.
When it locked up I just pressed the reset button on the bottom of it, works fine now, uploaded the cameras no problem, and also found the setting to delete the camera info, so up to now I'm quite happy...... :D
All I need now is a long journey to try it out !!
jonandmarkuk
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Aug 11, 2006 6:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm shocked that you got such a deal. Is it definatly the 530 and not the 550 as I have not even seen any bundle offers on any sites.
I really do think if it's a 530 then someone made a mistake when boxing it up. Or could that explain the limited supply of T1's in the UK?

The Navman comes into it's own on a long journey !
How have you found the T1 to be, as I drove all the way home (30mins) and was sat on my drive before it found Classic FM.
I always thought most radio stations broadcast the information so why only ClassicFM?
dbaileyuk
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Aug 11, 2006 7:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes deffo a 530, don't know about T1 still trying to sus out the 530 all the finer points of it, how do you cancel a route if you are say half way through your journey and you don't complete it, that is my next thing to learn.
Just looking @ the box my Navman came in it says
ICN 530
Local Edition
+ FREE traffic information for life....................... Smile
Sunnygjg
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Aug 11, 2006 9:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

David if you want to cancel a route at any time return to the main menu, (the page with GO TO on the top) and on the bottom of the page is ROUTE INFORMATION (this is greyed out if you haven't already selected a route). Click on that and you will see the option the cancel the current route. Smile
dbaileyuk
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Aug 12, 2006 2:27 am    Post subject: @Sunnygjg Reply with quote

Thank you for that info. it's so much easier to operate when some one tells you how to do it than having to wade through the manual..........

Cheers

David
bobren55
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Aug 16, 2006 10:28 pm    Post subject: Bargain at Cu**ys Reply with quote

I saw dbaileyuk's post on the forum, went to that well know shop in Aylesbury and got the same deal. GREAT :D

Bob R
dbaileyuk
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Aug 16, 2006 10:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Glad you got one, just one problem i've found, I dont think the discs for europe are able to work unless you buy an activation key,but i've no intentions of going to europe so it wont bother me,
mike_b
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Aug 16, 2006 11:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

sounds like u got a good deal there m8

only problem i have with the 530 is that the maps are at least 2 years old
bobren55
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Aug 17, 2006 4:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have another thread going re the european maps.

http://www.pocketgpsworld.com/modules.php?name=Forums&file=viewtopic&t=44667

There are two answers on this so I will try them as soon as I get an SD card.

I do need to get them going even if they are 2 years old as I go to France towing a caravan every year. My map book of France is usually 2-3 years old anyway.

Bob R

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Mio Navman Portable Navigation Devices All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: