Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Version 6.15 used on older TomTom Go's
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Version 6.15 used on older TomTom Go's
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Portable Navigation Devices
View previous topic :: View next topic  
colin_thames
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Aug 09, 2006 2:32 pm    Post subject: Version 6.15 used on older TomTom Go's Reply with quote

Just installed version 6.15 on my TomTom Go 700 and it seems to work well including new feature of Pin code protection... at last! Though this has to be set via TomTom Home on the PC. It may be my imagination, but the sensitivity seems to be better and the TomTom picks up 6 satellites from a foot inside my office window so I can plan a route from indoors.

The only annoying things spotted so far are that if I set it to sync the time, it doesn't allow for BST hour changes, ie my computer shows 13.40 but the clock on the TomTom shifts to 14.40. You have to set it manually.

Also the background to the menus has changed to a light blue. This means POI capture icons look strange (white backgrond). Having said that, I could never get POI capture to work with version 5.44 (?) so I've had to remove it. I wonder now when POI capture will be created to run with version 6.15?
gadget_sa
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Aug 09, 2006 4:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

colin_thames wrote:
Just installed version 6.15 on my TomTom Go 700 and it seems to work well including new feature of Pin code protection... at last! Though this has to be set via TomTom Home on the PC. It may be my imagination, but the sensitivity seems to be better and the TomTom picks up 6 satellites from a foot inside my office window so I can plan a route from indoors.

Couldn't agree more, the fix is (seems) far better!

colin_thames wrote:
The only annoying things spotted so far are that if I set it to sync the time, it doesn't allow for BST hour changes, ie my computer shows 13.40 but the clock on the TomTom shifts to 14.40. You have to set it manually.

I haven't noticed this, but I will check to see if it's doing the same....

colin_thames wrote:
Also the background to the menus has changed to a light blue. This means POI capture icons look strange (white backgrond). Having said that, I could never get POI capture to work with version 5.44 (?) so I've had to remove it. I wonder now when POI capture will be created to run with version 6.15?

Again, I haven't actually noticed the difference on the icons... weren't they white before??
POI Capture does work on 6.15... well it does on mine!

iPhone 6 with Western Europe & CamerAlert
Oldboy
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Aug 09, 2006 7:31 pm    Post subject: Re: Version 6.15 used on older TomTom Go's Reply with quote

colin_thames wrote:
I wonder now when POI capture will be created to run with version 6.15?
You need POICapture V1.06G for TT V6.15

TT 910 V7.903: Europe Map v1045
TT Via 135 App 12.075: Europe Map v1120
colin_thames
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Aug 10, 2006 1:32 pm    Post subject: TTGo v6.15 Reply with quote

Quote:

Where can I find this OldBoy?

gadget_sa
My mistake, the time seems to show wrong on the TomTomHome window on which you can go through the TomTom menus, plan routes etc when I connected my 700, but on the TomTom itself the time showed fine.

Cheers
TonyHoyle
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Aug 10, 2006 1:49 pm    Post subject: Re: Version 6.15 used on older TomTom Go's Reply with quote

colin_thames wrote:
It may be my imagination, but the sensitivity seems to be better and the TomTom picks up 6 satellites from a foot inside my office window so I can plan a route from indoors.

Is this while docked through HOME? The emulator on HOME fakes satellite reception so it always looks like you've got a 100% lock on 6 satellites, even though you may have no lock at all.
colin_thames
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Aug 10, 2006 2:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tony, that's a shock, though thinking about it, it makes sense! What on earth is the point of faking satellite reception?
colin_thames
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Aug 10, 2006 2:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry OldBoy, I've just found out that the version of POICapture for the TomTom Go 5.44 is version V1.06G. The only way I seem to be able to find this was by downloading it, then the Save As dialogue showed the file name.

I'd like to give it a go, but won't the .mnu file be wrong now? TomTom firmware 6.15 has introduced some new menu options. Won't they be missing?
gadget_sa
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Aug 10, 2006 4:27 pm    Post subject: Re: TTGo v6.15 Reply with quote

colin_thames wrote:
Quote:

Where can I find this OldBoy?

gadget_sa
My mistake, the time seems to show wrong on the TomTomHome window on which you can go through the TomTom menus, plan routes etc when I connected my 700, but on the TomTom itself the time showed fine.

Cheers

No worries Colin, I'll try and check it out on mine (a) when I get time and (b) if my brain remembers!!

gadget_sa
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Aug 10, 2006 4:28 pm    Post subject: Re: Version 6.15 used on older TomTom Go's Reply with quote

TonyHoyle wrote:
colin_thames wrote:
It may be my imagination, but the sensitivity seems to be better and the TomTom picks up 6 satellites from a foot inside my office window so I can plan a route from indoors.

Is this while docked through HOME? The emulator on HOME fakes satellite reception so it always looks like you've got a 100% lock on 6 satellites, even though you may have no lock at all.

Don't know about Colin's but when I'm sat at the PC station I am getting a minimum of 3 sats, (not connected) where as before, I'd have to get off my backside and put it on the window sill!!!

gadget_sa
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Aug 10, 2006 4:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

colin_thames wrote:
Sorry OldBoy, I've just found out that the version of POICapture for the TomTom Go 5.44 is version V1.06G. The only way I seem to be able to find this was by downloading it, then the Save As dialogue showed the file name.

I'd like to give it a go, but won't the .mnu file be wrong now? TomTom firmware 6.15 has introduced some new menu options. Won't they be missing?

Yes, you're right, the .mnu is different.
All I did was iopen the existing menu, change it around to how i wanted it to look, and then added bits I wanted from my old menu into it adding Page 4 in the process!!!
If you need help, shout.

ras2000
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Aug 22, 2006 2:51 pm    Post subject: Version 6.150 TTG300 Reply with quote

Hi Guys,
does any one have any issues with TT buddies being grayed out in the menu structure?, I do not seem to be able to get it to work... however my traffic still works ok so the connection is working ok I guess, but during the upgrade from v5 to 6 it wiped all my favaories and all my phone settings - speaking to TT support they suggested a reinstall which I am reluctent to do as mentioned above... I had previously moved the menus about to acomodate the POI speed cam capture on the 1st page... might this be the cause and if so does any one know wher I can get the standard "working" menu mnu file?...

Thanks Rolling Eyes Wink
Sony P910i Phone For Traffic and stuff...

Tom Tom Traffic + Rocks !!
Oldboy
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Aug 22, 2006 7:36 pm    Post subject: Re: Version 6.150 TTG300 Reply with quote

ras2000 wrote:
does any one know wher I can get the standard "working" menu mnu file?...
Just re-name, or remove, the tomtom.mnu file in the SdkRegistry Folder.

TT 910 V7.903: Europe Map v1045
TT Via 135 App 12.075: Europe Map v1120
ras2000
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Aug 23, 2006 3:26 pm    Post subject: Re: Version 6.150 TTG300 Reply with quote

Oldboy wrote:
ras2000 wrote:
does any one know wher I can get the standard "working" menu mnu file?...
Just re-name, or remove, the tomtom.mnu file in the SdkRegistry Folder.

Brilliant - works a treat!! thanks very much

Rob
Sony P910i Phone For Traffic and stuff...

Tom Tom Traffic + Rocks !!
DennisN
Tired Old Man
Tired Old Man

PostPosted: Sat Aug 26, 2006 8:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Since 6.15 I have a sneaking feeling that I now get TWO warnings for some cameras i.e. the beep goes off, then it goes off again, maybe 50 - 100 yards later. I can't be sure and I don't entirely object to getting two! But I really think I'm getting two warnings for at least one local camera (Gatso 12964@30 - Bristol, Brislington A4 eastbound) and the other week I was getting two for some temporaries on M4 (they've gone now so I can't check again). I use "Warn only when on route" (and in case you're wondering, I'm not confusing it with the gatso30 on the other side of the road earlier on).
Dennis
Tradman
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Tue Sep 05, 2006 11:59 pm    Post subject: Duplicate warnings. Reply with quote

I have the same trouble as DennisN. Have updated to 6.15 with new voice prompts for the whistles and bells etc. on a trip to and through Wales via M4 and local roads was getting correct speed camera warnings OK plus an added red light warning at the same time, this happened with most cameras ( I don't think there was a visual red light warning). Have I added the camera database twice?, should I remove the sped camera database and start again if so how?.

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Portable Navigation Devices All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: