Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - I have just purchased a Evesham nav-cam 7000 from Makro
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

I have just purchased a Evesham nav-cam 7000 from Makro

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Beginners GPS Lounge
View previous topic :: View next topic  
vileda
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Aug 06, 2006 12:12 pm    Post subject: I have just purchased a Evesham nav-cam 7000 from Makro Reply with quote

I have just purchased a evesham Nav-cam 7000 gps system from Makro i paid 164 pounds.

I cant say yet if that is good or bad, i will keep you updated, i got some help from the store in advice as the person selling it purchased one himself.

I paid 100 pounds less than the retail price.
MaFt
Pocket GPS Staff
Pocket GPS Staff

PostPosted: Sun Apr 08, 2007 11:13 pm    Post subject: Re: I have just purchased a Evesham nav-cam 7000 from Makro Reply with quote

vileda wrote:
the person selling it purchased one himself.

:D most sales people will tell you that ;)

MaFt
bazz2004
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Apr 09, 2007 8:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was delighted when I bought an Evesham BM6380 from Makro at a bargain price. It had five star reviews and I felt pretty pleased with myself. The unit disappointed from the start and I decided to take it back. That was when I realised the difference between buying from Makro and other stores. Up until 28 days they will exchange or refund without problems. If it's a day after that then you may be required to take things up with the manufacturer yourself. Makro are classed as a wholesaler and your usual expectations of 12 months in which to return unsatisfactory items will be disputed. They told me that this was one of the reasons the deals were so competitive.

Evesham were truly awful over my problems with the 6380. It was replaced but that was no better and when I arranged for it to be returned again I had to pay carriage. It came back with a note saying they could find nothing wrong with it.

It took many frustrating months before I persuaded Makro to exchange the Evesham for a model from a different manufacturer. I had to spend ages on the phone to Evesham paying premium rates before I got a returns number- without which Makro couldn't assist me. Makro couldn't contact Evesham because the phone numbers were all premium rate and many store systems block such calls.

Now I'm not saying that your 7000 is no good, but if you have any doubts whatsoever, get it back within the 28 days. My issues, and they were apparently shared by many others concerned the unit's ability to hold a charge. Whether I left it on charge ready to use or put it away fully charged the unit almost always failed to start when needed. The antenna was also poor and couldn't cope with a coated windsdcreen. It took ages to get a satellite fix in a car without a coated windscreen.

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Beginners GPS Lounge All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: