Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - POI Not responding
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

POI Not responding

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Points Of Interest (POIs)
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Stillo
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Nov 09, 2003 6:25 pm    Post subject: POI Not responding Reply with quote

I have been trying for the last 2 hours to update speed cam database with no sucsess all that happens is the poi editor stops responding and i have to shut down i have used this prog many times before and have had no probs please help if poss.i have also uninstalled and re installed makes no difference

Cheers Stillo
Dave
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Nov 09, 2003 6:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

There is a known bug that sometimes GPSAssist doesn't work and can cause this sort of problem. Creating a new OV2 file in the POI Manager screen, then importing the original POCKETGPS_SC_UK file into this, and re-setting up your alerts usually fixes this. Don't ask me why, but it's been a long outstanding bug. Unfortunately Jo Devulder who is the author of GPSAssist hasn't been making any bug fixes or future versions for quite some time (to give you an idea, it hasn't really been updated for TTN2 which came out in March 2003).

The database works quite happily with CheckPOInt 2.0.2 or CheckPOInt 3, but you won't get things like the over the speed limit notification or via navigation which was very useful in GPSAssist.
Stillo
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Nov 09, 2003 7:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the help today dave it has been very helpful,if i have paid for gps assist should it not work properly, as i have allready mentioned, this programme has worked fine up untill now and all of a sudden it does'nt so if there are to be no more updates is it worthwhile getting another programme if so can you recommend one.

Cheers Stillo
Stillo
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Nov 09, 2003 8:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry for the reply again but there seems to be some confusion when i start poi editor and click on autoupdate settings and i try to connect to the website www.pocketgpsworld.com/poisync/pocketgps.xml the editor stops responding straight away and it will not connect to the website therefore i cannot download the latest updates to the points of interest please tell help if possible .

Cheers stillo
Dave
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Nov 09, 2003 11:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Stillo, you need to leave the or off of POIEdit, otherwise we will think you are talking about the POI Editor in GPSAssist.

If it's hanging, then there's something not working correctly on your PC, it could be that you have a mixture of DLL's installed some of which don't like POIEdit. It could be you are using a firewall, or a proxy server and this configuration is causing problems with POIEdit. The file www.pocketgpsworld.com/poisync/pocketgps.xml is just a normal HTML web file that sits on our web server, so if you can get to the rest of the site, then there shouldn't be a problem.

You'll have to go through running several tests like stopping your firewall if you have one, see if it will connect, if it does, you need to re-configure your firewall to allow POIEdit through. If it still doesn't work, it could be your browser/proxy settings. If it's not that, then I would try uninstalling and restarting, then reinstalling POIEdit and trying again.

You can always download and unzip the files manually and copy them to the Pocket PC, they are available on our Safety Camera Page.

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Points Of Interest (POIs) All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: