Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - showing multiple Cameras at same spot
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

showing multiple Cameras at same spot

View previous topic :: View next topic  
jonathanwoodall
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Aug 05, 2006 2:12 pm    Post subject: showing multiple Cameras at same spot Reply with quote

I have recently updated Co-pilot 6 (running on MDA Compact 2) with latest patch from ALK and updated latest camera database (Speed Zoned complete :24 files) but now i have a problem.

Basically at various map points my device is showing 2 cameras at the same spot ie

Mobile:0473
Mobile:6108@30

or

GATSO:5321@30
GATSO:1993@30

The spots all seem to be 30 or 40 mph limits

because of this when im driving im not getting a "speed Symbol" on screen but the symbol for a group of POI's
Which can cause a real problem when driving as i know its Probably a camera but what speed am i supposed to be doing?
Any ideas how to stop it?
JockTamsonsBairn
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Sat Aug 05, 2006 5:19 pm    Post subject: Re: showing multiple Cameras at same spot Reply with quote

jonathanwoodall wrote:
I have recently updated Co-pilot 6 (running on MDA Compact 2) with latest patch from ALK and updated latest camera database (Speed Zoned complete :24 files) but now i have a problem.

Basically at various map points my device is showing 2 cameras at the same spot ie

Mobile:0473
Mobile:6108@30

or

GATSO:5321@30
GATSO:1993@30

The spots all seem to be 30 or 40 mph limits

because of this when im driving im not getting a "speed Symbol" on screen but the symbol for a group of POI's
Which can cause a real problem when driving as i know its Probably a camera but what speed am i supposed to be doing?
Any ideas how to stop it?
Are you using a very old version of the database? I can't find Mobile:0473 or GATSO:5321@30. Or do you have an old SingleFile AND the SpeedZoned loaded?

TomTom Go 940 LIVE (9.510, Europe v915.5074 on SD & 8.371, WCE v875.3613 on board)
jonathanwoodall
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Aug 06, 2006 6:28 pm    Post subject: latest download installed Reply with quote

ive got the latest SpeedZoned loaded but i guess its a possibilty ive got the original single file loaded also.
Ive just followed the instructions that link to the ALK site - nothing mentioned about deleting old files . The only thing ive seen refers to uploading new files to PDA.
Should i delete old camera files? if so where from? pda or storage card ? and what will they be labeled as?

cheers
JW
JockTamsonsBairn
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Sun Aug 06, 2006 7:05 pm    Post subject: Re: latest download installed Reply with quote

jonathanwoodall wrote:
ive got the latest SpeedZoned loaded but i guess its a possibilty ive got the original single file loaded also.
Ive just followed the instructions that link to the ALK site - nothing mentioned about deleting old files . The only thing ive seen refers to uploading new files to PDA.
Should i delete old camera files? if so where from? pda or storage card ? and what will they be labeled as?

cheers
JW
Sorry, I don't have experience of CoPilot, but I think that unless you have to copy all your personal POI's (McDonalds, PC-World, etc) every time you add a single new group, then Yes you should remove the unwanted POI group i.e. the SingleFile.

TomTom Go 940 LIVE (9.510, Europe v915.5074 on SD & 8.371, WCE v875.3613 on board)
iankb
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Aug 06, 2006 10:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

To delete all custom POI's before loading new ones, you should delete the eight ao*.* files from the \CoPilot\Save\ directory and place the new POV and BMP files into the same directory. When CoPilot starts, it will create new ao*.* files from the POV and BMP files, before deleting those files.

iPaq 2210
Globalsat BT-338
Seidio G2500 Amplified Vent Mount
CoPilot 6, GPS Tuner 4.2, Navio 3.01
BMW 330ci Sport
iankb
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Aug 06, 2006 10:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

iankb wrote:
... the new POV and BMP files ...

Of course, I meant to say OV2 and BMP files. Someday, they'll allow user editing on this forum.

iPaq 2210
Globalsat BT-338
Seidio G2500 Amplified Vent Mount
CoPilot 6, GPS Tuner 4.2, Navio 3.01
BMW 330ci Sport
neil01
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Aug 07, 2006 12:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

iankb wrote:
To delete all custom POI's before loading new ones, you should delete the eight ao*.* files from the \CoPilot\Save\ directory and place the new POV and BMP files into the same directory. When CoPilot starts, it will create new ao*.* files from the POV and BMP files, before deleting those files.

I would like to suggest an alternative.

After you have deleted the files as sugested, load in all your POI files except the safety camera ones. This time save the files you would previously have deleted before putting everything back in (ie the ao*.* files)

Keep them safe.

Now load in your safety cameras.

When you need to update the cameras, copy the saved files back - the cameras will be gone so that you can re-load the new ones, but more importantly, any other custom POIs you may have loaded will still be there.

The basic principle is to have the POIs which change infrequently in the files you save, so you only have to re-input what you have to. Admittedly, if one of the infrequently changed POIs changes, you will have to start from scratch again - but at least you shouldn't have to do it every month.
jonathanwoodall
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Aug 07, 2006 4:28 pm    Post subject: All working Reply with quote

Many thanx people its all working fine now. Only had 6 ao*.*** files not 8 but as i say all working fine now

i just deleted the ao*.*** files then dropped the latest files into the folder didnt affect the other POI files

Cheers

JW :D

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> CoPilot Live All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: